RFE tracker

Isn't it a bit late to be asking if you can trust your lawyer? I imagine you can.

Typically RFE's only go to lawyer and then they pass on details to you. That's how it seems to work anyway.

I would respond to the RFE as soon as possible. I got my RFE issued around the same time as yours (11/13/2003 I think) and responded right away. Updated status on website says they received response on 11/25/03. I wouldn't hang about in replying as it just creates further delay on your case.

Good luck!

RFE details

Gambler and Scotgirl,

Thank you for your replies.

Finally I got to see my RFE. It is for employment letter and birth certificate.

I have submitted the non availability certificate and and affidavit from my parents for the birth certificate. Why are they asking for it again ?

RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 11/25/03

Please shed some light.

Thanks

Cheru

Cheru,
Before you read the rest of my answer, chuck your lawyer out and get somebody else maybe Rajiv Khanna.
He is out to screw your case.
As far as BC goes uscis does not accept parents affadavits. The reason being the parents might have their personal interest in seeing you get GC.
So get affadavits from your Uncles/Aunts, cousins etc. Make sure they were not a minor when you were born.
Get it prepared in your native country, transalated and notarized. Since you probably will need some time to do all this I would advise you to get it faxed to yourself/lawyer, so that you can submit your RFE reply (Fax is acceptable) and get the originals by post.
Best of luck and as scotgirl said, hurry.

details

Not many
Only asked for medical form as according to them it wasnt in or wasn't signed.

RFE notice question

Hello friends
I was wondering if my notice is same as yours. Does your notice also say that from resubmission it takes 14 days to process your form. Does that mean 485 form/ is the no of days arbitrary/ is this the same figure for everyone.
Thank you for your time.

RFE

Checked online, said, they sent RFE for my case and no change for my husband. I'm pretty sure, it will be for employment letter, pay stubs etc..

Do you anyone know, how long after BCIS receives the reply for RFE, approval comes??..

I know, lot of you are waiting from Nov.. Good luck to you all..

RFE

Recvd RFE Notice from my lawyer,RFE is for my wife's case.

RFE : Physician's office sent some one else Medicals
:confused:

RD : 06/10/02
ND : 0613/02
RFE: 01/13/04

does your notice also say 14 days

that the form will be processed in 14 days of their receiving the RFE.
Is this a standard rfe notice or it varies depending on the type of the rfe.
Thank you.

Yes,I think Its standard response.

My notice says :
From the date this office receives your resubmission a minimum of 14 days will be required to process your form.

God only Knows about our GC approval :)
Keep fingers crossed.

Typically 90 days, and the last date for replying RFE is written on your RFE letter.

-rajum

RFE on Apr-2002 I-485

Received an RFE requesting the following on my I-485 case:
1. Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment.

2. Submit your earnings statements for the last six months.

Mine is an AC21 case. Do you guys have any comments about the details of duties and continued employment on the employment verification letter?

Will a regular employment letter with the standard start date, designation and salary suffice or should I get a more detailed letter with specifics mentioned in the RFE?

Thanks in advance.
7thYear

Re: RFE on Apr-2002 I-485

Originally posted by 7thYear
Received an RFE requesting the following on my I-485 case:
1. Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment.
Submit as per RFE stating that it is a permanent job and you will be retained once your GC is approved at the salry of XXXXXX.
2. Submit your earnings statements for the last six months.
Give W-2 also if lawyer insists
Mine is an AC21 case. Do you guys have any comments about the details of duties and continued employment on the employment verification letter?

Will a regular employment letter with the standard start date, designation and salary suffice or should I get a more detailed letter with specifics mentioned in the RFE?

Thanks in advance.
7thYear

RFE for Aug/Sep 2002 case

Details

EAC022805****

RD - 30 Aug 02
ND - 10 Sep 02

My FP1 expired on Jan 15th 2004

RFE Generated on 13 Jan 04

RFE:

1. Medicals - The INS doctor forgot to fill the details the TB test
on the form :(
2. Letter from Employer
3. Pay Stubs for last two months.

RFE received by my lawyer:

1. Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your employer stating their continued interest in hiring you, duties to be performed and remuneration.

2. Submit your earnings statements (pay stubs) for the last two months.

3. Submit your Federal Income Tax returns, inclduing all schedules and Forms W-2 and/or Forms 1099, for the last year.

RFE was sent out on 01/15/03. My question is for tax return, which year's I should submit, 2002 or 2003? I don't have 2003 ready yet.
:(

I think 2002 would be fine. I do not imagine that they expect you to have 2003 ready yet.

Good luck! Keep us posted :)

RFE for Primary. RD: 4/30/02

Folks,

The primary applicant received RFE as per online and phone. Have yet to receive details.
But derivate applicant still shows old FP1 message.

Is that normal?

RD:4/30/02
ND: 5/3/02
FP1: 6/27/02
FP2: 11/21/03
FP3: 1/20/04 (INS did not do it)

daj

Re: RFE for Primary. RD: 4/30/02

Originally posted by daj
Folks,

The primary applicant received RFE as per online and phone. Have yet to receive details.
But derivate applicant still shows old FP1 message.

Is that normal?

RD:4/30/02
ND: 5/3/02
FP1: 6/27/02
FP2: 11/21/03
FP3: 1/20/04 (INS did not do it)

daj

Yes it is normal.

Is RFE normal?

Hi there,

I-140 NIW approved on Oct 7th 2003.

I-485 notice date Oct 21st 2002.

I-485 RFE Oct 26th 2004.

My question is: Is an RFE for a 485 normal? What are the chances it will be denied? Any advice gratefully received. thanks

james

I think RFE is normal nowadays since applications are taking so long to process.

My question really was Primary message changed to RFE but Derivative shows old message. Does that mean RFE is related to something like Primary's paystub/W2 etc...