RFE tracker

Hi spsat,
Welcome to the forum. The RFE is generally received by the attorney that represents you.

In your case(if the prev company lawyer filed your I-485), as far as the INS/CIS is concerned that attorney still represents you. He would have filed a form G-28 with your signature. This form says that he is representing you.

Now, if you no longer want him to represent you, you will have to do one of two things:
1. Find another attorney and ask him to file a new form G-28. This point onwards the new attorney will represent you and all paperwork should be received by him/her.

2. If you don't want an attorney and want to represent yourself, you need to write a letter to the INS stating the same and requesting that any future correspondence be forwarded to your home/work address.
Option 2 is not a good idea and I would not recommend this.

My suggestion would be to keep in touch with your original attorney who filed your I-485 and ask him/her to forward your paperwork to you if and when you receive something. In the meanwhile, check your case status regularly to find out if you or your dependents get an RFE. Remember, you only have 90 days to respond to an RFE and your case will be considered abandoned if you don't.

Hope this helps.
- 7thYear

Hi 7th year,

Thanks much for a detailed reply. I called my previous company's attorney once to check if they received any papers on my case and they said that they no longer represent the closed files. Since then I have done two EADs and an AP by myself and INS has been corresponding to me directly. Maybe, I'll call them again and ask them to continue representing my case as a personal lawyer.

Thanks again.

RFE issued Feb 20

Hi, All:

Please help on this one:

RD 08/2002
EAC02276XXXXX
RFE issued on Feb 20.
RFE detail not known yet. I need to prepare for the reply.
My question is in case of it requires the tax return 2002, should I have transcript of tax record from IRS or exact copy of 1040 Form.
I have efiled for 2002 return, can I just print out the form in TAXCUT and those forms can be treated as exact copy of 1040 Form?
Other RFEs are easy to get. The tax return RFE confused me.

Here is from IRS:

In cases where an exact copy of the return is not needed, tax return and tax transcripts my be ordered, to be sent to you at your address of record, by calling (800) 829-1040 or completing and mailing Form 4506. Effective Jan. 1, 2004, use, Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return. The tax return transcripts shows most line items contained on the return as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. In most cases, a tax return transcript will meet the requirements for lending institutions for mortgage vertification purposes.

So do I need to order the transcript by 800 number dialing or
I need get the exact copy by form 4506
or I can print out the Form from TAXCUT software?

Thanks

YD68...

Last year I did e-file thru H&R block and they gave me a copy of the tax returns and I just sent them for my RFE. I think you can take a copy from the TAXCUT software.

I am not a Lawyer and it is just my opinion.

When does a finger print Expires

How much time it takes for fingerprinting to expire . I have received and RFE on Dec-05-03 for I-140( Company Tax returns and 2002 and 2003 W2). I replied on Feb-04-2004 . I was wondering if my fingerprinting is still valid then I can get my I-140 approved or else I will have to wait for another RFE for my fingerprinting. Is it valid for 2 years or ????

Thanks,

yd68:
1. Please wait for the RFE before jumping to conclusions that it must be for a tax returns etc. It might just be for an EVL and you won't have to worry about the tax returns at all.

2. If it is for a tax return, the logical thing would be to send a signed copy of your tax return with W2 forms.

3. An even more logical thing to do would be to call the customer service number on your RFE and ask the CIS representative the same question that you have asked here.

-----------------------
hrish22:
FYI, fingerprints don't expire; but they are only stored in the government's databases for a fixed amount of time. Most people estimate that to be around 15 months. But, it is entirely upto the CIS officer handling your case to decide whether to request a 2nd/3rd fingerprint or just continue with the first set of fingerprints and FBI checks.

BTW, fingerprints are only required for I-485, and not for I-140.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!
7thYear

Thanks for all the replies

Thanks , 7thyears.

I am calling INS for details.
By the way , what is a sign copy of tax return?
Please give some details

Thanks a bunch

get nothing from BCIS after 3 hours wait

Hi,

Get nothing , the customer service representative won't give anything about my RFE details.

What I can do now, wait?

Can I just get the Employment letter from my employer and
get the Tax return copy first.
The question is how can I get the tax return copy?

tax returns

Looks like most rfe's are being asked for the past two years tax returns.

I was oversees for the previous year. I have tax returns for 2003, but not for 2002. In this case what do you think I should do. Just send 1 year ???????

scotgirl,
Did you got your approval.

I am still waiting for my approval or denial. Today is the 4th month. INS received RFE on 10/23/2003. I used AC 21. Sometimes, I wonder whether this delay in RFE is because of AC 21.

-rajum

My RFE details are :

485 :RD 7/31/2002, ND 8/05/2002
EAC-02-255xxxxx
EAD2: Aug 2003
FP1 : 9/20/2002
FP2 : 01/24/2004
Rfe issued : 03/01/2004
AD : ?????

I485 Rfe issued on March 01 ,2004.
I received it on March 08,2004.
Rfe reply was received by CIS on March 11 ,2004 . Online updated on March 12.

Friends,

I checked Online and on AVM. Me and my wife have been approved. The full timeline follows.

All credit to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site. Hope the lawsuit is successful. Thanks to all people out there who have helped the immigrant community via this site.

I will update the RFE Tracker.

RD: 4/30/02
ND: 5/3/02
1st FP: 6/27/02
2nd FP: 11/21/03
3rd FP: 1/20/04 (Not Done)

RFE: 1/27/04 (2 years W2/Tax Returns/1099 , last 2 paychecks, Updated Employer letter)
RFE Responded: 3/3/04
Approval: 3/15/04

daj

Hi guys,
My wife tried to go early for a 2nd FP at Alexandria, VA but they wouldn't let her. They said that she can come back on or after that date, not earlier :(

I just applied for my 3rd EAD and I wonder if that triggered off her FP. Any comments?

Thanks,
7thYear

Primary:
RD 04/18/2002
ND 04/24/2002
FP1 10/03/2002
FP2 12/23/2003
RFE 01/15/2004 (6 months' payslips & current employment letter)
RFE responded: 02/03/2004
EAD 1: 05/2002
EAD 2: 03/2003
EAD 3: 03/2004 (applied and pending)

Dependent:
RD: 7/9/2002
FP1: 9/7/2002
RFE: 11/26/2003 (passport copy and whether spouse 485 approved)
RFE responded: 12/8/2003
FP2 appt: 4/7/2004

I also applied for 3rd EAD (back in February sometime) and received 2nd FP notice last week.

Not sure if EAD "triggered" anything or not but maybe.

Decided not to try early FP - will just go on date they suggested. It is next week anyway. Keeping fingers crossed!

My I485 RFE Approved!!!

I-485 Approved !!!!!!!!

My as well as Spouse Case approved today(22 March 2004) as per online.

This forum is really nice .

Wish you all good luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE received by BCIS on 3/19/04.

RFE response ( employement letter and two pay statements) was received by BCIS on 03/19/2004. Wonder how long they take for the decision?
My wife and I got our second FP done in December 2003. Status did not change.

Hi all,
Are most ASCs turning away early FP appointments? Or are they encouraging them?

Alexandria is turning them away, from what I have seen in a couple of posts.

Scotgirl, what location/ASC are you affiliated to?

7thYear

Originally posted by 7thYear
yd68:
1. Please wait for the RFE before jumping to conclusions that it must be for a tax returns etc. It might just be for an EVL and you won't have to worry about the tax returns at all.

7thYear,

You mean they can still issue RFE on education evaluation in 485 stage even if 140 is approved?

What are the common RFE's after 140 stage? I have my FP and 485 yet to be processed, just wanted to get an idea what kind of RFE's to expect. I didn't get any RFE's on labor certification, 140 though.