RFE on 485- Cases approved, please post ur experiences

Rfe

I rec'd RFE for (everything):

Medical & Supplemental I-693 - did not get original envelope from them (what the hell????)
earnings for last two pay periods
W2, Tax returns for last two years
Employment letter,remuneration, etc

They might as well ask me to re-file I-485

wat_04 said:
I rec'd RFE for (everything):

Medical & Supplemental I-693 - did not get original envelope from them (what the hell????)
earnings for last two pay periods
W2, Tax returns for last two years
Employment letter,remuneration, etc

They might as well ask me to re-file I-485
Haha...I will get mine tomorrow... we will see what i get then

Analysing time it takes between RFE sent and Approval

All, I went through each of the posts in this thread and figured that its taking between 20-30 days for USCIS to approve cases after USCIS receives a response from us for the RFE. There are some exceptions however who've been waiting longer than a few months however but mostly, I'd say 80%, received approval within 20-30 days. Let me know if you anyone thinks different.

ND: April 2003
RFE Issued: 10/5/2004
RFE Response received: 10/19/2004
RFE Detail: Medical, EVL and Marriage certificate

LUD changed couple of times

USCIS received my response to their RFE on 10/14. LUD changed 4 times till 10/22 and also FP2 done in 09/17.
I thought my approval would be the next , but it seems my file is picking up dust.
What are the chances of file getting transferred to local INS office after fp2 is done and response to rfe recd.

Same here :::

had an RFE on my birth certificate on Sep - 15 2004

and reply was recieved by INS was OCT-4 2004

and LUD changed to OCT-8 2004

And my RD is 0ct - 28 - 2003 (Which is exactly one year)

no news after my RFE (FP done on August 12)

I-140 approved on July 07

People who replied after my RFE got approval .. why is that... any reason .. :confused: :mad: :(

EB3 retrogression

Another fear that haunts me is if my 485 is not approved by Dec-04 , god knows when USCIS gonna retrogress the PD for eb3 filers particularly from India/China.Its almost 21 mos my 485 filed and PD is July-2002..

jish said:
Another fear that haunts me is if my 485 is not approved by Dec-04 , god knows when USCIS gonna retrogress the PD for eb3 filers particularly from India/China.Its almost 21 mos my 485 filed and PD is July-2002..

Why single out India/China? Any particular reason?

Serach in forums.

India/China are the max senders of immigrants. Every Country and EB based category has a limit for every year and it seems EB3 quotas could get exhausted of visa numbers by Jan-2005 and the priority date would retrogress.

Search on "EB3 Retrogression" in this site and you will find many posts on this.

The only way to give fair justice to all applicants-> USCIS must implement FIFO and stop picking cases on random order. You see all late filers of '03 are getting approved quite a handful of those in EB3 are eating up the quotas.

Last edited by a moderator:
My RFE reply received by INS Sept 21th,

I did not hear any news yet. My case ND is Oct, 2002.

It seems that all RFE receivers whose ND is between Sep-02 till Apr-03 are the biggest sufferers.

Fax enquiry form for Status

Hi Friends,
Following is the history of my I-485 case.
RD : 09/12/2002
ND : 09/19/2002
FP1: 10/18/2002
FP2: 05/10/2004

My RFE was received by VSC on 10/04/2004.
LUD: 10/07/2004, 10/08/2004.
The RFE was initially sent on 07/15/2004. It was returned to VSC as undelivered due to negligence at my Attorney's part. It was resent on 09/20/2004. There are lots of RFE cases which were received by VSC on and after 10/04/2004 and have been approved in couple of weeks. I want to send a fax enquiry for my case status. I could not find any template form and fax no. for VSC. Can anyone help me on this.

sagarikka:::

I don't know any fax number.. but it seems that your RFE response and my RFE response are recieved by INS on the same dates.

in my case my wife case is not yet approved.. I called INS and they said that my wife case supposed to be approved with my case.. they don't have any specific reason to hold the case... they suggested me to wait for 30 days.

my case details...

Here is the reply I got to the my attorney's enquiry about my status

Your case is currently being reviewed. You should be hearing from us in 30 - 60 days

This letter was signed by the Acting Center Director

Is this a standard reply? When they say I will hear from them in 30 -60 days, do they mean a result or another mail saying the same thing?

Any ideas?