RFE in Aug/Sep Tracker

My case

I-485 ND: Aug 2002
1st FP: Oct 2002
Using 3rd EAD
2nd FP: 08/05/04
RFE issued : 09/25/04 (medical I-693 supplement form missing)
USCIS receives response to RFE on 10/14/04 at 10:30 AM and updates status the same night at 8 PM.

Waiting for their decision now.

Last edited by a moderator:
ND:10/02
FP1:11/02
FP2:07/24/04
RFE:09/07/2004 (for an updated Employment letter)
Attorney mailed RFE response to INS on 09/23/04. Still there is no status update or LUD change. Is this common? I saw most of the people status/LUD changed with in a few days.

Thanks!

np_oct02 said:
ND:10/02
FP1:11/02
FP2:07/24/04
RFE:09/07/2004 (for an updated Employment letter)
Attorney mailed RFE response to INS on 09/23/04. Still there is no status update or LUD change. Is this common? I saw most of the people status/LUD changed with in a few days.

Thanks!

My overnight response package was delivered this morning (10/14/04) to USCIS Nebraska at 10:30 AM and the case status acknowledges receiving the response at 8 PM. That was fast.

Actually, I gave my lawyer a pre-paid overnight express mail envelope and asked her to use it while sending response to RFE. After she mailed it, I tracked it until it was delivered to USCIS. In the evening, status was updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
jpmbank said:
My RFE response received on 10/15/04.
I've updated excel sheet with my info... Good luck ...

Is it 10/15/04 or 09/15/04? Your update on excel sheet shows something else

Updated

To everyone using this thread, please download the latest revision of the spread sheet before making modification, otherwise we will lose some changes. Thanks.

This time I manually merged the change from jpmbank and gcard2002.

Approved Today 10/21/2004

Finally Approved Today 10/21/2004

:)

Looks like Applying for Travel Document two days before triggered the approval.

RFE generated for Wife - Need urgent advice

Hi,

My my I-485 RD is Oct 4th 2002. An RFE was generated for my wife (derivative of my application) on Oct 5 , this year.

Before this came about my wife and I already had made travel plans to travel to India at the end of Oct (everyone who has travelled to India b/w Oct-Dec knows the hassel of getting tickets for this time) and also got the Advance Parole accordingly.

Unfortunately my lawyers have still not received the RFE from the INS office and are saying it could take upto 30 days.

My question is that is it that what is the time frame a RFE has to be responded to. In case the RFE requires additional documentation that my lawyers need me to provide and I am overseas can they ask for some extra time?

Also is there any legal implication of being overseas if a RFE has been generated in ones case?

I am in a fix 'cause I'm not sure whether or not to cancel my travel plans with this RFE pending :confused:

I would appreciate advice on this matter and if any member has had or knows of a similar situation, I would be extremly grateful if you could share it with me.

Thanks.

Approved ...

Approved.

I-485 Notice Date : 8/17/2002
I-485 RFE Date: 9/15/2004 (EVL)
RFE Response: 10/01/2004
Approval : 10/14/2004 :)

RFE response Filed & response to Khosla_ra post

Here's my update, Lawyers filed the RFE response for my wife on 10/19/2004. USCIS updated the website on 10/21/2004 & the LUD is now 10/22/2004..

Keeping my fingers crossed....

Khosla_ra-- FYI

We had the same predicament, since we are travelling to India in Nov. we received our RFE from our lawyers about 3 weeks after it was issued on Sept 9, 2004. USCIS provided until Dec 1st week to file the response.

I would'nt worry unless you dont hear from uscis/your lawyers within the 30 day period. Also, I would recommend you keep all your response docs ready to go as soon as you hear from your lawyer. Also, in my case my lawyers sat on my documents for more than 2 weeks(even tho i responded back to them the 2nd day after I received the RFE notice from my lawyers) before they filed the response with USCIS. Make sure your lawyers dont do the same....I understand their need for due diligence but I doubt they understand the issues we deal with the travel plans(transit visa issues etc...) and other potential eventualities....

Hope this helps....Good Luck.

I485 Complex RFE

:confused: Hi Gurus,

I received my I485 RFE today and it demands the following documents.

1) Documentary evidence to support the correct and legal form of my Name.

Reason: As my First Name and Last Name have been swapped in some of my documents(like H1 Paper,Medical and Tax Returns) , My RFE beared the following lines..

"Please submit documentary evidence to support the correct and legal form of your name, as this is the name that will appear on your Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)."

2) EVL
3) Last 2 months paystubs
4) Last 2 year Tax returns+ W2.

My Questions:
1) I have already submitted affidavits from my parents regarding my birth certificate which also have my name printed correctly.
2) Since My Passport shows my Family name as First and then my name as Second, the SSN also have my name displayed in the reverse order.
(ie. My Family Name first then my My Name as last)
3)since the Tax Returns is also filed based on the SSN Name display, It also has the name in the Reverse order..

So Iam really confused as to what supportive documents would I need to arrange so as to proove the UCIS for the correct Name display??
Also, what is the I-551 form???

I shall be very thankful if you folks could come up with any valuable suggestions that waould help me...
I have all other RFE doc ready to be sent except for the first one..(Also Iam with the same Employer since I started my GC process..)

Thanks for all of your feedback in advance,
Iam little worried...
I wish all of you Good Luck.

Thanks again,
Chitts

I485 RD - Jan 2003 :confused:
FP2 - Aug 2004
2 EADs and 2 APs already approved.
LUD - 10/18/2004
Vermont center.