RFE in Aug/Sep Tracker

Updated My RFE Info.

Both of us got RFE for two issues
1. Proof that there is no record of birth (Documents submitted: Non-availability certificate from Municipal Corporation, Marksheet showing date of birth)
2. Proof that the marriage is legit, not for GC etc. (Joint Income Tax returns, Lease papers showing both our names, our new born's birth certificate, joint bank account statement).
-----
RD - 11/07/02
RFE Issued - 9/22/04
RFE Response - 10/26/04

Fp2 4 months back

Is anybody done FP2 4 months before and still waiting something to happend , Mine no change in status not sure am I the only bad lucky one...

Approved - ND: Nov.07'2002

FINALLY, as per online message, I-485 is approved for my and my wife.
_____
Details:
ND - 11/02/02
FP1 - 12/16/02
FP2 - 6/18/04
RFE - 9/22/04 (Generated)
RFE - 10/4/04 (Received by us) - Non-availability of birth certificate, and Proof that marriage is legit.
RFE - 10/26/04 (Received by USCIS)
AP - 10/28/04.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE worried

Hello friends,

In Aug 2004, I got an RFE for employ letter & last 3 paystubs for myself & medical for my wife. I sent out the proof and it shows that INS received my reply & proof on Sept 1, 2004. The LUD date for this was Sept 6, 2004.

After that there has been no update whatsoever. My LUD also has not changed ever since. I am worried, because everyone else around that time got approvals within 3-4 weeks of receipt of RFE by INS.

Am I alone or is this thing happening with others too? Please advise. Thanks.

Pub

you are not alone deeprahi

Hi Deeprahi,

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. I got an rfe from VSC and they recd it on Sept 1, 2004. LUD was Sept 6th where they acknowledged receipt of my RFE response. Since then, it is 2 months and no update/ response from them at all. I called the helpline number last week and initiated a status inquiry. Dont know when this damn ordeal will be over.

Let me know if you get any updates. Good luck !!!

pubnym@yahoo.com

deeprahi said:
a very long wait many be an indicator of a possible negative result

I am also getting worried about my RFE on I -485
Details are -

I recd an RFE on my case which was -
1. Asked secondary evidence of Birth, attorney at frst submitted the BC and affit-davit from my father only
Submitted the Affit-davit from my mother

For my wife the RFE was -

She changed her status from H-4 to H1 and they asked for emplyment authorization for her job
Send H1-b and EAD copies.

We BCIS recd RFE on June 29th.
Still no response.
The case is at Nebraska BCIS
Can anyone in the same boat or have any idea how much time will it take?

It has been 3 months now can we do anything?
:( :( :(

Approved : RD Oct 2002

Hi Folks, Glad to share that my spouse & myself got the approval email last evening.

It's been 4 years Nov 2000(LC filing) thru Nov 2004, not too bad compared to some of the painful experiences people have gone through.

This has been an excellent forum for people sharing a common goal. way to go!!

I will be glad to share my experiences if anyone needs...

Godspeed & Best Regards, zapper2002

It was one hell of an RFC, but I finally managed to send it in. Updated the spreadsheet with the details for myself and zapper2002.

Last edited by a moderator: