RFE in Aug/Sep Tracker

Getting 2nd RFE is really upsetting, to say the least.Hopefully this does not become a trend. My daughter had medical RFE. TB test results were not filled correctly. To answer your questions ( this is based on my experience and my attorney's thoughts)
1. NO, Though it may be easier to take full test if the previous doctor is no longer on panel or has disappeared somehow.
2. Same doctors change/add information with out much fuss. I did this for my daughter and it was done in 5 min.
3. I think Lawyer can not do this. It has to be Doctor on the panel

Thanks GRCA-2002.

So now I know that I will have to take doc appointment if thats the medical RFE.

You really gave valuable information.

Mugdha.

Waiting for my approval. Don't know if there is anything wrong in my case as it has been a month RFE is replied back to INS; no news yet.

485 - aug 2002
2nd FT June 04
RFE reply received dt 8/31/04

I -485 RFE respondend three months are past

a very long wait many be an indicator of a possible negative result

I am also getting worried about my RFE on I -485
Details are -

I recd an RFE on my case which was -
1. Asked secondary evidence of Birth, attorney at frst submitted the BC and affit-davit from my father only
Submitted the Affit-davit from my mother

For my wife the RFE was -

She changed her status from H-4 to H1 and they asked for emplyment authorization for her job
Send H1-b and EAD copies.

We BCIS recd RFE on June 29th.
Still no response.
The case is at Nebraska BCIS
Can anyone in the same boat or have any idea how much time will it take?

It has been 3 months now can we do anything?

Please add details

I-140/485 ND: 11/17/03
I-485 RFE issued : 9/10/04
RFE replied : 9/16/04
RFE reply received per INS update: 9/28/04
LUD 1: 9/30/04
lud 2 : 10/01/04
No approval yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
sandkit, updated your info

villageMD, you are the only one in the xls sheet with ND in 2003. Lucky you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
slw3K,don't tempt me !

Hi slw3k,
Please don't tempt me to pour out my long and bitter experiences with INS in the last 10 years. This is our 3rd I-485 application and we have entered our 7th year on our H1 visa this month (extension application pending). Part of the problem is the different (and extremely unfair ) immigration rules for doctors who come here on J1 visas. We are finally in the mainstream of immigration petitions (i.e. Labor-certification process like computer professionals, engineers etc.). No hard feelings, because now both my wife and I have finally been able to get away from employers who love exploiting and now don't care how quickly our 485 gets processed. Maybe INS has got to know that we don't care anymore so they are speeding up our process !!!

To villageMD:

I want to apologize for my ignorance. The good news is that based on the data people posted to this thread, looks like you are getting close the end of a long journey. Best wishes to you and your wife.