Return with GC after one year & more?

Hannah7

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I don't like deceptions. But teoretically, if you leave U.S. without any record, you can stay outside the country as long as you wish. It's very obvious that you'll have a record if you will take a flight to Europe from U.S. for example.

I mean you can cross to Canada without being recorded and then flight from Canada overseas. Of course prospective stamps in your passport may be evidence against you, but you can obviously get new passport. So if not recorded, you can arrive for eg. after 3 years and than there're 2 possibilities:

1: noone asks you anything, and you're ok
2: u'll be asked how long did you stayed away - and you can say anything

For the curiosity, does anybody have an experience?

Well, I think if you're not luckily checked on the U.S. customs (your gc isn't swiped) you haven't record. Of course I don't know how much is likely that US custom officer wouldn't swipe your gc or give a stamp.

Do you think that Canadian's share their records about flights overseas with the U.S. ?

How about Mexico?

Wow, what an amazing discovery. People can sometimes get away with breaking immigration rules if they lie or operate secretly. If that is what you want to do, you're on your own and you'll bear the consequences if they find out. Don't expect us to help you.

I dont wanna make any deception like that. I just love discovering and solving such curiosities. Knowing how stuff works ... that makes me happy

I wonder if anybody wants here to share hir/her own experience with similar case:)

You think wrong. Swiping your GC is not the only way USCIS knows about your departure.
I cannot comment on Mexico but I know for sure that Canada shares information with the US.

Well, I think if you're not luckily checked on the U.S. customs (your gc isn't swiped) you haven't record.

Do you think that Canadian's share their records about flights overseas with the U.S. ?

How about Mexico?

Hi! I don't like deceptions. But teoretically, if you leave U.S. without any record, you can stay outside the country as long as you wish. It's very obvious that you'll have a record if you will take a flight to Europe from U.S. for example.

I mean you can cross to Canada without being recorded and then flight from Canada overseas. Of course prospective stamps in your passport may be evidence against you, but you can obviously get new passport. So if not recorded, you can arrive for eg. after 3 years and than there're 2 possibilities:

1: noone asks you anything, and you're ok
2: u'll be asked how long did you stayed away - and you can say anything

For the curiosity, does anybody have an experience?

Please do NOT encourage others in this SHEER stupidity.

Do you know about Flight Manifests that are mandated for all international flights in US, in advance?

And of course data mining can easy co-relate who left when and came back when...

It is these acts of willful deception by a few that causes others to be treated harshly sometimes.

SHEER stupidity.

Do you know about Flight Manifests that are mandated for all international flights in US, in advance?
[/QUOTE
Perhaps you should read his post properly, he is talking about flying from Canada. US immigration has better thing to keep track than GC holders flying from Canada with 12 million illegal around.

SHEER stupidity.

[/QUOTE
Perhaps you should read his post properly, he is talking about flying from Canada. US immigration has better thing to keep track than GC holders flying from Canada with 12 million illegal around.
The US and Canada are good friends. And deceptive action always has something behind it and what if that is serious matter ?

I really think the US needs exit inspection.

Perhaps you should read his post properly, he is talking about flying from Canada.

One other thing to keep in mind is that you had better not be flying over Maine or Alaska on your way out. ;)

Seriously, trying to sneak "out" of the US is a risky game. Some times you will be able to do it, other times, it will come back to bite you when you file your N400.

You still have to prove something like paying tax in US or active bank accounts in those period of time.

Well... many people dont plan applying for US citizenship.

But in real, how can you prove your ties to U.S. at the port of entry?
(Back account, U.S. driver license, enrollment on university) - are these good proofs of ties?

If somebody plays this kind of a game he/she has to be aware of the fact that if this information makes it later to the USCIS/CBP (e.g. trough a gruntled husband/wife, co-worker, relative, friend ...) once you are a citizen, the USCIS will take the citizenship from you and they will deport you ! You are a 'N400 liar' on Questions Part 2A, Part 7C, Part 10 Question D-15, Part 10 D Question 22e, Part 10 D Question 23 and Part 10 D Question 24.

By doing this and submitting the N400, you commit perjury, which is a very serious offense. It's a big sword hanging over your head - Do you really want to live the rest of your life in limbo ?

Totally agree. In 2006 I transfered my IL plates from my 325ci to a new 530xi. The next time I visited Canada, the customs officer at the booth granted me entry and congratulated me on my upgrade!!!

The US and Canada are good friends.

Well... many people dont plan applying for US citizenship.

But in real, how can you prove your ties to U.S. at the port of entry?
(Back account, U.S. driver license, enrollment on university) - are these good proofs of ties?
The usual thing is to set a date for you to appear in front of an Immigration judge. At that time you will bring your papers and testify under oath about your travels and intentions, subject to the penalty of perjury for false statements.

So they don't deport you immediately if I understand you clearly.
But if they called you to judge maybe it would be better to abandon GC yourself, right?

Depending on your situation, they might detain you and you'll have to wait for months in detention until your court date.

Hannah7, what are you up to? Some people have been desperately waiting for their green cards, and others who get it are willing to mess up:mad: