Relatives vs U.S immigration need help plez

jjay09

Registered Users (C)
Ok here's a situation.

In situation where a guy (USC age in 30's livin alone) decides to marry a girl overseas but his family is totaly against it and doesnt want marriage to take place, if a guy and girl gets marry(even from girl's side people attended the wedding) so when a guy fills out all the necessary documentz likes I-130 and rest.. to bring his spouse to U.S. my questions are.

will the relatives of guy's family such as brother,sister,parents.. (living in U.S but in different addresses) can cause any problem to his case like mm call immigration and tell lies against him or his wife?

or like tell immigration that the marriage is no good, to break the marriage a part? so his wife wont come to U.S to re-unite him?

will immigration look into his case more deeply after listening to relatives? OR wouldnt care about what relatives claims or say lies against thier son or brother?

keep in mind guy is in 30's+ and USC and lives on his own.

any replies will be alot appreciated thnx:eek:

No, they cannot. Mine was similar to yours. This is a free country and no one can pressurise you not to do anything you don't like. Even if your relatives complaint, I believe you got ample evidence to prove that your marriage was bonafide. You got nothing to worry.

No, family won't make any harm (you can't just walk-in and tell IO that this guy is faking or something). Just don't take letters from those relatives to prove the marriage! Lol!

Alright thats good to hear your replies thnx guys, and another quicky question " local marriage bureau " marriages taken under the local marriage bureau are accpetable by american immigration? if so what proof should be provided for that?

haha ok local marriage bureau some kind a like small company who doesn't run no websites to run martimonial sites specialy found overseas such as India.

If it's not a competent government authority, USCIS won't recognize it. Why should they recognize a "marriage" from some fly-by-night company?

hi Jay

am sorry i didnt get it :eek:

These local marriage agencies that operate in some countries for the purpose for uniting like minded people for marriage is completely valid in the eyes of the CIS. The CIS recognizes local country customs and well aware of how marriage take place in some places.

Dont worry about what the MOD just said. CIS approves marriages -- maybe you met your spouse form a dating site, or a marriage bureau .The marriage is legit as long as its bonafide.

And competent government authorities don't run marriage agencies and dating sites. ;)

How you find your wife is your choice..maybe from the internet, an agency, or meet her in a bar.....CIS is only concern if that marriage is legit.

If it's not a competent government authority, USCIS won't recognize it. Why should they recognize a "marriage" from some fly-by-night company?

Hold your horses! CIS is only concerned to see if the marriage is bonafide. They are not concerned about how you found your spouse --- speed dating, fly-by-night, fly-by-day, government recognized dating agency, or something else.

Its the bonafide intent that's important for an approval NOT the company!

khayyam said:
Hold your horses! CIS is only concerned to see if the marriage is bonafide. They are not concerned about how you found your spouse --- speed dating, fly-by-night, fly-by-day, government recognized dating agency, or something else.

Its the bonafide intent that's important for an approval NOT the company!
You also don't get it. The Canadian is not referring to the method by which the couple met each other. A private agency can arrange the marriage and organize the wedding, but a government official or government-authorized individual still has to register the marriage for it to be recognized by USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
You also don't get it. The Canadian is not referring to the method by which the couple met each other. A private agency can arrange the marriage and organize the wedding, but a government official or government-authorized individual still has to register the marriage for it to be recognized by USCIS.

The OP wants to know that if he will face a problem with US immigration when the person he loves and wants to get married was introduced by a local marriage bureau ( An Indian matching agency)?
NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.

The OP is an educated USC and knows the importance of an official government registration....marriage/death/birth etc

These days the government registered marriage license is provided for an extra fee by some marriage bureaus too. Let me ice that cake.

Tour India you blokes!;)

The OP wants to know that if he will face a problem with US immigration when the person he loves and wants to get married was introduced by a local marriage bureau ( An Indian matching agency)?

Then he should have made that clear. If he is an educated US citizen like you say, then he should have used a better description than his one-line.

Then he should have made that clear. If he is an educated US citizen like you say, then he should have used a better description than his one-line.

That's the reason why you have country specific immigration experts in large immigration law firms to understand and read between the lines. Immigration is not just specific case law you rant about, its all knowing where the poster is coming from and what he means.

If you don't understand one liners, ask again, but don't conclude things when your not aware.

That's the reason why you have country specific immigration experts in large immigration law firms to understand and read between the lines. Immigration is not just specific case law you rant about, its all knowing where the poster is coming from and what he means.

If you don't understand one liners, ask again, but don't conclude things when your not aware.

we are not experts on Indian laws. If you want an expert, pay a specific lawyer in a large immigration law firm to give you expert advise. Our advise is as good as a question asked.

:mad: lets cut the arguments the answer i was looking for marriage beraue is that it is acceptable by u.s immigration thanking you so much, and i dont get this part where education part comes from in this:( ? what does marriage bureau have to do with his education? do u have to be an educated person to find a life partner from marriage beraue:eek:

to sure that marriage is bonafide will the court marriage shows more support to bring spouse or the marriage where atleast some relatives participated:D

Number of relatives present at the marriage is not the only yard stick used by USCIS to determine if a marriage is bonafide.

to sure that marriage is bonafide will the court marriage shows more support to bring spouse or the marriage where atleast some relatives participated:D

:D u r saying more proof will be needed besides relatives in wedding? give some ideas what r other proofs that makes them belive that marriage is good help me plz:mad:

:D u r saying more proof will be needed besides relatives in wedding? give some ideas what r other proofs that makes them belive that marriage is good help me plz:mad:

Evidence of a shared life together, common property, comingling of assets and accounts, etc?

What do your married friends do? Do that.