Refugee Travel Document

faten

Registered Users (C)
I am a derivivte asylee.
I applied fot RTV, and I got them after 7 and half week.
when i filed my application i wrote i am going to the country which my father asylee from.
??
can i go there?
thank u:)
a girl from Yemen.

You probably should NOT go there while you are still an asylee, ESPECIALLY with your RTD. Are you a permanent resident too?

Are you going to use RTD or National Passport to enter your country?Because many countries wont accept another document besides the national passport from its citizens. Anyway i dont think is a good idea to use RTD to go to your home country, and if you dont have your GC yet, even worse.

I am a derivivte asylee.
I applied fot RTV, and I got them after 7 and half week.
when i filed my application i wrote i am going to the country which my father asylee from.
??
can i go there?
thank u:)
a girl from Yemen.

The problem is that even if you get an RTD you cannot travel to certain countries with it.I have an RTD and couldnt go to qatar n dubai, None of the khaleeji countries accept RTD. Best of luck!!

RTD Sucks
I try to go spain
when i went in Spain Embassy They Said Need GC
lol
hell no way
after i nver renew RTD
:eek::eek:

Are you going to use RTD or National Passport to enter your country?Because many countries wont accept another document besides the national passport from its citizens. Anyway i dont think is a good idea to use RTD to go to your home country, and if you dont have your GC yet, even worse.

I have both of them. my passport and the RTD.
IS it good idea if i used my passport??

If you are not a Green Card holder, the best think to do is NOT to use your national passport, just forget about your national passport while you are a asylee - at least... But you should ask a lawyer about that.

faten did USCIS send u tow separate fingerprints for travel document and green card appl. or u did one fingerprint for both applications
thanx
can u write ur timelines too plz

If you are not a Green Card holder, the best think to do is NOT to use your national passport, just forget about your national passport while you are a asylee - at least... But you should ask a lawyer about that.

my lawyer said i can go to yemen because i am a derivitive asylee.

by the way, when i applied for the RTD , i wrote that i am going to yemen and i wrote the reasons.
does it mean any thing ?

faten did USCIS send u tow separate fingerprints for travel document and green card appl. or u did one fingerprint for both applications
thanx
can u write ur timelines too plz

for the RTV , i did not do fingerprints.
i applied for it in 2-19-2008.

in 4-20-2008 i appplied for the GC, then the uscis sent the appointment for fingerprints in 9-19-2008.

As an asylee that is not yet a GC holder, I wouldn't suggest going to COP. However, if you MUST go, then I assume you can use your RTD to leave and enter the US, but your Yemeni passport to enter and leave Yemen.

As an asylee that is not yet a GC holder, I wouldn't suggest going to COP. However, if you MUST go, then I assume you can use your RTD to leave and enter the US, but your Yemeni passport to enter and leave Yemen.

can i do this ??????????

i really must go to yemen.

i will go by jordan airline.

How much does it cost right now if you apply for an RTD?

It seems as an asylee, our NP became useless tho it is still valid, since our NP won't help us re-enter US. Even if we get a green card as an asylee, we have to apply for RTD right?

And RTD is only valid for 1 year, so it would cost us much money.

it did cost me 305$.

i don't think we need to apply for RTD if we have green card and you we have NP. i am NOT sure.

the RTD are valid only for one year.

Thanks. Doesn't it say that we also need a advanced parole even if we traveled overseas with asylum green card? Advanced parole costs the same as a RTD, even if our NP is still valid, we still need to pay $305. That's not fair.

it is really not fair, but what to do.
we need to see family and friends we are humanbeing. we have the ability to pay 10000$ just to see the people whome you love and they do.

I will go back to yemen to see my sister because she will do surgery. She has 3 doaghters with No husbend. I need to go to be with her and her kids.
I so worried to go to COP, but nothing to do, I cant watch my sister's dieing ,and her duaghters are alone.

it is really not fair, but what to do.
we need to see family and friends we are humanbeing. we have the ability to pay 10000$ just to see the people whome you love and they do.

I will go back to yemen to see my sister because she will do surgery. She has 3 doaghters with No husbend. I need to go to be with her and her kids.
I so worried to go to COP, but nothing to do, I cant watch my sister's dieing ,and her duaghters are alone.

faten,

I wish you the best of luck. However I do not recommend the use of this forum for you to justify going back to the country of your persecution especially since you do not have a green card yet. Even if you are a derrivative asylee. Do you know for a fact that you will not be questioned and detained when entering your country? I understand your dire situation but please be careful.