References on College Education

No Title

Hi,
    I need some information about schools offering pharmacy colleges.Does any one has any idea about these and also if they provide AID,etc.If anyone knows some colleges in US which offer gradutae courses for foreign students and provide aid please reply me.

Thanks,
kkr

No Title

Hi,

I am on B1 visa,my I-94 expires on 29th June,2001.I am planning to convert my status from B1 to F1.Could any one advise me on how to get admission in MBA or MS college, as I am already an MBA from India with 6 years of experience.Can anybody advise me any university which is reasonable(in fee),good(accredited)and donot require GMAT or GRE.

Further,should I first file for I-94 extension or try for F1(Right now I don\'t have any I-20).

OR
Shall I try for H1 visa(I have 3 years experience as programmer)but in prevailing conditions its looking pretty difficult.Is it difficult to get H1 for MBA( from Indian University)?.

I would like to take the advise of any member specially those friends who already got I-20 that how and from which college they got I-20.

Looking for an URGENT reply.

Thank you.

MIS.

No Title

Hi I am on H4 visa and have my bachelor\'s degree in computers.I would like 2 do my masters in computers here.Does anybody have an idia as to how 2 convert my H4 to F1 and what is process of Teaching assistantship so that i don\'t have 2 take a loan as i can\'t afford the fees.

No Title

to anna i tink u mustno the immigration and u will be he new citezen in te usa and if u want to marrig and hav good lif call at the shadi_almobarak@usa.net send to me information about yourlif and iwil help u if i want and plzask ay thing want if u eccept my owner oky my shadi almobarak inbeh irbed jordan oky by

No Title

hi canna a my greeting to I canna if I want to hang your life ply call me at the shad_almobarak@usa.net jordan_irbed_inbeh and i will help u and if want to marrieg call me another thingi need infrmation about u and your life dont waiting just send to me..oky by

No Title

Even if you are young nowadays passing Part I, II & III (Now III also required) and getting internship is impossible for alien. The days are gone. Those who came green card with MS doing some other business because they are not successful in getting through the exams and internships

No Title

If your friend is out side US and gets I 20, he/she has to go to US consulate get F! visa stamped. Chances are 50 50. If your friend provesin papers to come back to native country (of course not in actual) after study and sufficient money chances are bright. Good luck to your friend.

No Title

hi
my name is nazim ali and i m 16 year old.i live in pakistan(karachi)
i am planning to study in usa through f1 visa.
my sister lives in minnesota and i will live with her
so i want urgent replly from anybody who know better about f1 and also some college which will be suitable for me....
i also want to know what are the requirment for f1
pleasw help me urgently and replly me at
nazim_gee@hotmail.com

No Title

Hi I got my green card as an derivative applicant on my husband\'s application. I am an experianced Textile Engineer from India and want to pursue further studies in US in the same field. Just want to ask Whether this field has any scope in US, Or should I change my field and study further in some different field.

hi my name is Joe and planning...

hi my name is Joe and planning to continue my studies in the US.
i am not an american citizen and don\'t have the green card,i don\'t have too much monney to pay to universities there but i have my uncle there. i want help to know what to do and what are all the requierments to have the chance to continue my studies there.i am planning to enter the categorie of mathematics in the university.
plz if anyone can help me email me at joe_jojo15@hotmail.com
thanx a lot.

Admission to 3rd year of MBBS for BHMS graduates in India.

Hi:
I am initiating discussion about BHMS graduates who want to do MBBS in India and then apply for USMLE exams. Does anyone know if the BHMS graduates can get advanced standing( say direc 3rd year admission) for admission to MBBS course in India. Seems like this would be another way of bypassing redoing all of the education here in USA to be regualar MD physician. Anyone with info about any college/university in india which offer this kind of system/

Thanks

On a H4, planning to study in the US

Hi,
I am on a H4, my husband is on a H1B. I am planning to Give my GRE and then do my MS here in the US.

I had a few questions
1. Can I get any kind of Aid while I am in H4 or I have to switch to F1. I woul have completed one year in US at the time of applying so I should be eligible for the In State Feed.
2. My Husband has applied for I-485, If I switch to F1 now is it going to hamper the I-485 process and result in some complications

I may hopefully get my EAD card before I begin applying can this help me in getting some Aid

Thanks
Spe

Financial Aid for Full Time MBA

Hello Folks,
      I am currently in US on H1 Visa(been here for 3 yrs+). I would like to pursue a FT MBA in a business school, but wouldn\'t be able to make it without adequate financial aid. Most Financial Aids, I am aware of are available only for US citizens or Permanent residents.
Aware of any avenues for financial aid for MBA for F1 Visa holders??, Please help me out.
-octorm

The Forgotten Ones

When in times of reflection, I often think about where I have been, and where I am going. It is not unusual to find that in my own personal view, I am going nowhere. It is easy to perceive things in this fashion, when faced with circumstances that are beyond my control. Although many things in life are out of our hands, one particular matter lingers in my mind every waking moment of the day. It has the power to bring me to tears with just a single thought. For the last thirteen years of my life, I have been awaiting my permanent residency in the United States. It often leaves a feeling of depression and anxiety in my mind and in my heart. The realization that the country that I consider my own, has not yet considered me a part of its society often breaks my heart. My journey through life in America has for the most part been on a one-lane road, with no room for wavering off the path.
I arrived on United States soil in July 1988. My three-year old eyes gazed at the amazing sight that lay before me, and I was immediately caught up in the hustle and bustle of downtown Los Angeles. I was also excited to see my father, who had come to America three years before. In a sense, this was my first real glimpse of him. The feeling I had was more powerful than I thought it would be. After all, I had not seen him since I was only a few months old. To me, he was a mythical hero who had come to the airport to take us to a magical new place. Indeed, a few days later we were off to Illinois, where we would settle. Little did I know that this was the start of an extraordinary voyage that would push my emotions to the limit.
I was not informed of my situation until around the age of ten. The initial feeling was one of mild trepidation, but yet also feeling that things would soon be settled. I continued on with my life, busying myself with matters that kids would attend to, like playing videogames and keeping up with the latest episodes of the "Power Rangers." It was not until I reached high school and the talk of college that I knew what I was in for. During this time, I struggled to deal with my reality, knowing that I could not do certain things that my peers do. Perhaps the ultimate example was our inability to travel outside of the United States to see our relatives in the Philippines. It was especially crushing for my mother who was not even able to be present at the funeral of her father. Similarly, she fears the in the unfortunate event that something grave happens to her brothers, she again, will not be able to see them. These feelings of hopelessness and despair where exacerbated by the fear that my academic excellence and hard work would go to waste, and I would be stuck in obscurity because of my status. This roller coaster of emotions had even come to the point where I was not afraid to die and contemplated suicide. However, my faith in God and support from my parents would prove to be crucial in reviving my passion for life.
        I know that there are countless numbers of children in a similar situation that I face. These are our valedictorians, honor students, athletes, and inspiration leaders that struggle to face an unfavorable reality. It is not fair to call them criminals or lawbreakers. Often times they were brought here by their parents looking to give their children the best they could offer. In some cases, they were smuggled into the country against their will. They have assimilated well to this nation and even consider it their own. No different are they from classmates and friends except for that ever-present barrier of illegal status. Stuck in this limbo, many children who are capable of pursuing their college education cannot because of certain hindrances. Most notably is the out-of-state tuition they must pay. In essence, society is losing out on some of the most brilliant minds in the world. Perhaps these children may potentially find a cure for AIDS or represent a client in a famous court case. We may never know if these kids continue to live in the shadows.
        In the wake of the tragic events of September 11, officials have moved to tighten immigration policies. There has been a growing feeling that illegal immigrants are in this country for bad reasons, and all are criminals. The reality is, we do not support acts of terror. For many of us, this country is all we know, and the only nation we consider home. When the nation mourned, so did we. We felt the pain. We must remember those that perished that day who are not documented immigrants. Their children are now facing an even more challenging burden, being without a parent or loved one. Often times it is these loved ones that help us in the times of depression and pain we feel because of our status.
America is the land that I love. It is my country, my home, and my happiness. I sincerely urge that this nation not forget about undocumented children. They may very well be the beacons of peace and hope in times of tribulation.
What can be done? Who are our advocates?

16 years criterion

Most of the universities requires 16 yrs of study. I have completed BA Ecnomics from Bombay University(15yrs of study). To meet 16yrs criterion I have attended a one year post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Mngt. Out of 5 papers I ve cleared only 4 papers. As such I have completed 16 yrs of study.
I had already got my conditional I-20 and the student visa(F-1 visa).
In this situation pls advice if I can still enroll myself / university will accept me for the MBA program. Please also suggest alternatives.
Pls mail me at findpriya@hotmail.com
Thank you
Priya Nayar