• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reentry permit in Covid times

HI Sm1smom,
Thank you very much
my daughter and I are both outside the usa, her reentry permit application has been received last June 2021, now they are asking for additional evidances, my question is can I send the requested additional evidances to my friend in the usa and he can mail it to them? Is that OK
I did not respond to the post you quoted which you thanked me for, Susie did. @SusieQQQ is not the same person as @Sm1smom

One more thing. Have you all been outside the US for more than a year already if you filed in July 2021 and (if I understand correctly) bio was or will be sometime in August?
HI Susie,
No, going and coming. Less than six month each trip.
My question is any specific period that shouldn't be exceeded between submitting the reentry permit application and attending the biometric?

1. I don’t quite understand what you mean by specific time between filing the I-131 and completing the bio, considering you’ve already completed the bio.
2. Was your daughter in the US when her re-entry permit was filed? If she wasn’t and the re-entry permit was filed on her behalf as if she was in the country, then I think you should really be concerned regardless of if your friend mail out the RFE response on your behalf or not.
3. Does the date on the NOA corresponds to before your departure from the US? Is this the same for your daughter’s?
My daughter was in the usa when we filled her reentry permit application and that was received by the USCIS before we depart the usa, however before she attend the biometric I check her case status and I noticed amassage that I will receive a request to submit additional evidances for her but the mail is still not yet received.
My question is once the mail has been received and come to know what the additional evidances they want can I send it to my friend who can send it to uscis by mail?

My daughter was in the usa when we filled her reentry permit application and that was received by the USCIS before we depart the usa, however before she attend the biometric I check her case status and I noticed amassage that I will receive a request to submit additional evidances for her but the mail is still not yet received.
My question is once the mail has been received and come to know what the additional evidances they want can I send it to my friend who can send it to uscis by mail?
You didn’t quite answer the question I asked as in if the NOA date corresponds with before her departure from the US. Anyway, yes, you may get your friend to mail out the additional evidence on her behalf. However, it doesn’t matter who mails out the response, USCIS is already aware as to when she left the country.

1. I don’t quite understand what you mean by specific time between filing the I-131 and completing the bio, considering you’ve already completed the bio.
2. Was your daughter in the US when her re-entry permit was filed? If she wasn’t and the re-entry permit was filed on her behalf as if she was in the country, then I think you should really be concerned regardless of if your friend mail out the RFE response on your behalf or not.
3. Does the date on the NOA corresponds to before your departure from the US? Is this the same for your daughter’s?

You didn’t quite answer the question I asked as in if the NOA date corresponds with before her departure from the US. Anyway, yes, you may get your friend to mail out the additional evidence on her behalf. However, it doesn’t matter who mails out the response, USCIS is already aware as to when she left the country.
Yes, her NOA dates corresponds with before her departure from the usa, let us say that her notice date is 10 January 2021, she depart on 11 January 2021 (I. e after one day).
My other question is, is there any expiry period for the reentry permit before the biometric.
In our case is already done but iam asking to make sure that iam not exceeding any allowable period in between.
Thanks

Yes, her NOA dates corresponds with before her departure from the usa, let us say that her notice date is 10 January 2021, she depart on 11 January 2021 (I. e after one day).
My other question is, is there any expiry period for the reentry permit before the biometric.
In our case is already done but iam asking to make sure that iam not exceeding any allowable period in between.
Thanks
No such thing AFAIK.

Any issue if we left the usa and my friend send our RFE?

HI Susie,
No, going and coming. Less than six month each trip.
My question is any specific period that shouldn't be exceeded between submitting the reentry permit application and attending the biometric?
Your whole family coming and going?
Not aware of any specified period between application and biometrics.

I meant submitting the requested additional evidances by mail is that requiring us to be available physically in the usa or any body can send it on our behalf while we are out side the USA.
Regards
We’ve both told you we don’t know the answer to this question. This is the first time I personally have ever heard of someone getting a RFE on a re-entry permit application.

Any issue if we left the usa and my friend send our RFE?
I meant submitting the requested additional evidances by mail is that requiring us to be available physically in the usa or any body can send it on our behalf while we are out side the USA.
Regards
How many times do I have to answer the same same question regardless of how you re-word or re-phrase it?

How many times do I have to answer the same same question regardless of how you re-word or re-phrase it?
HI Sm1smom, Susie
I need your help please,
The RFE we received for my child is very simple, and the relevant response is Ready to be sent, I do understand that the original submission of the reentry permit is requiring the individual to be pyhsically presence in the USA until it is received but does that applicable also to respond the RFE, however my questions are as follows,
1- can I send the response to my friend then he can mail it to the adress mention in the RFE
2- does responding the RFE require the individual to be present in the USA.
Regards

HI Sm1smom, Susie
I need your help please,
The RFE we received for my child is very simple, and the relevant response is Ready to be sent, I do understand that the original submission of the reentry permit is requiring the individual to be pyhsically presence in the USA until it is received but does that applicable also to respond the RFE, however my questions are as follows,
1- can I send the response to my friend then he can mail it to the adress mention in the RFE
Regards
Scroll up and see previous responses provided back on Aug. 21st.

1. can you? sure, should you? unknown.
2. does it specify anywhere one must be present? tbh, only an immigration official can really advise of such. only what is known so far is, notice of application must have been received while person in usa and biometrics done in usa (unless exceptional circumstances, which basically means pretty much be in usa for biometrics).

I guess one way to find out is, is just do it (send the rfe even if you not in usa anymore), and if that's an issue, I guess they will reach out to you.

Maybe it might help, maybe not - what did the rfe ask for, you don't have to specfically go into details (esp if the details are identifying)

I guess one way to find out is, is just do it (send the rfe even if you not in usa anymore), and if that's an issue, I guess they will reach out to you.
USCIS will not reach out if there’s an issue with the response to a RFE, the underlying petition/application gets subsequently denied. They will not engage in a back and forth.