Receipt and FP Notice Received

Actually Nichme, I think if someone's name check and FP results clear, they would be scheduled for an interview, even if others who have an earlier priority date are still in name check. In other words, being stuck in the name check does not guarantee your spot in the queue. It is truly first come first serve.

It is not at all. We are talking about USCIS not WellsFargo bank standing in line.
My friends wife sent her application two months before I did(08-2007). We are living in the same neighborhood with the same DO. I got my fingerprint appnt. and she got it a week after me. Orginaly if we are expecting them to work on their schedule and guidelines, I probably have to tell you that they don't. I don't feel good to jump ahead of anyone but I am not the one processing all these application disordered.
"First come last serve"

OK. The address I used to go to do my FP done was Mcdonald.

J.K.
I got there, an old officer? looked at my papers and I told him my appoinment is for 20th of this month but I can not make it due to my finals. He called back and asked them and they just made sure I have my GC with me. Then he gave me this clipboard and a paper to fill out and wait for my number to be called.
For people who asked before, I saw alot of kids there, they had cartoon on for them to watch so apperently no problem at least here. It was done in less than half an hour and I came back. But this one was really far away from where I am. At least I got it done.
+ there were no crowds there. just couple families and two singles.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm
It is pretty much in order. It seems that applications within days of each other might not be in order but in general it looks that it is based on date received..

You know Vorpal...this is USCIS...:D Need I say more?! On a more serious note, I would try calling first and then InfoPass - only because I'd hate to waste my time going down only to get a "I can't give that information" response. Even though, there is a 50/50 chance you'll get the same response over the phone, at least you can call back the next day and get another IO who might be more helpful. That's my 2 cents.

You're completely right. I'll definitely start making phone calls this coming March.

It is not at all. We are talking about USCIS not WellsFargo bank standing in line.
My friends wife sent her application two months before I did(08-2007). We are living in the same neighborhood with the same DO. I got my fingerprint appnt. and she got it a week after me. Orginaly if we are expecting them to work on their schedule and guidelines, I probably have to tell you that they don't. I don't feel good to jump ahead of anyone but I am not the one processing all these application disordered.
"First come last serve"

OK - I wasn't clear...What I meant to say is that whomever has the quicker process through the name check and finger printing will move up ahead. The first come, first serve rule only applies to the receipting process. Besides, your friend's wife got stuck in the major frontlong when she filed in August, so it makes sense her FP was delayed. I applied in August and got my FP Notice a week or so after you as well - granted I am from VSC - but I was stuck in the same frontlog. Folks who are applying now will not face the same delays - with the exception of TSC.

I've received NOA, but no FP notice yet. I hope I'll receive it in next 2 weeks. I hope they will set interview for next 3-4 months in NYC.

I've received NOA, but no FP notice yet. I hope I'll receive it in next 2 weeks. I hope they will set interview for next 3-4 months in NYC.

I do not get it..
your signature says u got passort...
Is the application for someone else?

what IDs?

btw, what kind of IDs we need to take for FP?
Do we need to take passport?
I just found out my passport is almost getting expired.

btw, what kind of IDs we need to take for FP?
Do we need to take passport?
I just found out my passport is almost getting expired.

It tells you in the FP notice exactly what documents you need to bring. I believe it's the notice itself, your green card, and another form of valid photo ID (a driver license or a state-issued non-driver ID card). You don't have to bring the passport.

You need only your GREEN CARD and Driver License as well as the FP letter.

This is all they asked for.

BTW, if you are diabetic , do not worry if you do finger testing. They said it does not matter (I am diabetic myself).
They care if there are CUTS, wounds, burns in ur fingers. They will look at them and evaluate the status and might reschedule you.

So I called the customer service and got a really nice one today. She requested a service request regarding my FP Notice and she told me I will get an answer letter sometimes by early january the latest.

So I called the customer service and got a really nice one today. She requested a service request regarding my FP Notice and she told me I will get an answer letter sometimes by early january the latest.

Hahaha Nice one and a Service request that takes 45 days!!!! very nice. Really really nice. Haha...
Meanwhile pass those 45 days counting how many of your hairs on your head have turned to white color!!! Good luck man.
Hahaha. really nice.:D

IDs

thanks, Proudpal and Vorpal for answering my question about IDs.

I have plan to go abroad soon and I havn't got my FP notice yet.

Anybody who applied in November for Chicago DO got FP notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Started getting grey when I was waiting for my GC that took about 5 years..:)

Hahaha Nice one and a Service request that takes 45 days!!!! very nice. Really really nice. Haha...
Meanwhile pass those 45 days counting how many of your hairs on your head have turned to white color!!! Good luck man.
Hahaha. really nice.:D