Receipt and FP Notice Received

Vorpal, did you use some RUSSIAN CHARM to convince someone to send you the papers early? :)

Russian charm is somewhat similar to Italian charm, as both seem to deal with offers people can't refuse! ;)

I've seen posts where members indicated that both the NOA and the FP notice were received at the same time, but nothing recent. I wonder if anyone else from NYC received both at the same time.

I've seen posts where members indicated that both the NOA and the FP notice were received at the same time, but nothing recent. I wonder if anyone else from NYC received both at the same time.

I think VSC in general is pretty good at sending NOAs and FP notices in close succession. I got both my NOA and FP notice on 12/6.

Ciao.

You guys are loosers. I was doing school project and you guys are sitting here and partying.....drinking?......shame on you all..........
I have presentation tomorrow and will walk in for my FP in Tuesday.

Vorpal, welcome to club

I have noticed a lot of folks wanting to walk-in and complete their finger prints before the given date. Although I have nothing against this, I wonder what good it does? Even if you do get your finger prints done early, it won't speed up the process, because your name check is probably still pending. The service centers send out a name check request to the FBI at the same time they generate a FP notice - and on average it takes any where from 72hrs - 3 weeks to get a response back. Oh well - I guess it couldn't hurt.

Later.

I have noticed a lot of folks wanting to walk-in and complete their finger prints before the given date. Although I have nothing against this, I wonder what good it does? Even if you do get your finger prints done early, it won't speed up the process, because your name check is probably still pending. The service centers send out a name check request to the FBI at the same time they generate a FP notice - and on average it takes any where from 72hrs - 3 weeks to get a response back. Oh well - I guess it couldn't hurt.

Later.

LolaLi
what is District office?
Thanks

Later.

So the name check really is initiated at the same time as the fingerprint notice is generated? How long would you say is reasonable to wait until inquiring about the completion of the name check?

I think it is all about availability and not that it speends up the process.
For me for example, I wanna do it (or thinking about it) because it is around the day our baby is due.
So I might do it earlier or later ..
But, it also feels good that you finished another step. Since, if there is a problem with the FP, you will know about it earlier and be setup for another appointment (though difference is few days only)..

I think it is all about availability and not that it speends up the process.
For me for example, I wanna do it (or thinking about it) because it is around the day our baby is due.
So I might do it earlier or later ..
But, it also feels good that you finished another step. Since, if there is a problem with the FP, you will know about it earlier and be setup for another appointment (though difference is few days only)..

I didn't mean you per se - :) - expecting a child is certainly a valid reason for wanting to complete the FP earlier. You'll have your hands full after the child comes!

So the name check really is initiated at the same time as the fingerprint notice is generated? How long would you say is reasonable to wait until inquiring about the completion of the name check?

Hi -
I believe so. From what I know, before the Data Clerks input any information, an IO quickly looks through the package to make sure the applicant is eligible. For example, if one applies before the 90 day grace period, the application (with un-cashed check) is returned. If all is good then the check is sent for deposit, and the application for data entry. Once data entry is complete, it goes back to the IO, who then initiates a name check and sets up the FP appointment.

I believe USCIS implemented a new tool Jan. 2007 which allows them to do all this from one GUI instead of 3 different systems used in the past. There was a Federal Registry about it last year some time. In either case, this new GUI lets the IO know when the FP and name check results are back in. Then all the IO needs to do is run an IBIS check and if all is OK, the applicant is placed in the queue for an interview. This is where time is wasted, as getting an interview is dependent on the local DO's availability - just like for FP.

I would say 3 months is an acceptable time to wait before inquiring about your name check - although USCIS often quotes 6 months.

Hi -
I believe so. From what I know, before the Data Clerks input any information, an IO quickly looks through the package to make sure the applicant is eligible. For example, if one applies before the 90 day grace period, the application (with un-cashed check) is returned. If all is good then the check is sent for deposit, and the application for data entry. Once data entry is complete, it goes back to the IO, who then initiates a name check and sets up the FP appointment.

I believe USCIS implemented a new tool Jan. 2007 which allows them to do all this from one GUI instead of 3 different systems used in the past. There was a Federal Registry about it last year some time. In either case, this new GUI lets the IO know when the FP and name check results are back in. Then all the IO needs to do is run an IBIS check and if all is OK, the applicant is placed in the queue for an interview. This is where time is wasted, as getting an interview is dependent on the local DO's availability - just like for FP.

I would say 3 months is an acceptable time to wait before inquiring about your name check - although USCIS often quotes 6 months.

Thanks for this insight.

Hi -

Thanks for the great info! I guess my application came across the desk of an IO who actually did his/her, since both the NOA and the FP notice arrived at the same time.

I'll definitely inquire about the name check in a couple of months. Would you suggest setting up an InfoPass appointment or calling the NCSC and getting them to connect me to an IO?

Ok after I looked at the past N-400 in sacramento,
The FP notice will take almost 1 month from the NOA (now I know why I haven't got mine) sacramenton just sooo slow like the way they drive :)....
and 2 months to the IL after the FP. I hope mine will get there smoothly.

I'll definitely inquire about the name check in a couple of months. Would you suggest setting up an InfoPass appointment or calling the NCSC and getting them to connect me to an IO?

You know Vorpal...this is USCIS...:D Need I say more?! On a more serious note, I would try calling first and then InfoPass - only because I'd hate to waste my time going down only to get a "I can't give that information" response. Even though, there is a 50/50 chance you'll get the same response over the phone, at least you can call back the next day and get another IO who might be more helpful. That's my 2 cents.

The way that I know SFO is really slow. Too many applicants. Both my friends DO SFO/OAK sent on July, one of my friend got FP on October and the other one just got FP at the end of November

neither have i.
DO SF/OAK

how do we find out if the FP letter got lost?

alright people. Finals are done. I am here back to the loop.
I am going to try and see if I can get it done today. right now is 1:59P.M. PT and I will be there by 3:00PM. I will let you know from the result.

My DO is San Diego.

Lolai A question for you:
If they send your name the same they they send you a notice for your FP. If the name comes back (clear) unless you have done your FP, I guess they won't give you the interview? Because they all step in their own place(order).

I don't say it is good to go earlier than your schdule but it some cases may help you to expedite the process. And I have school project due that I don't want to mess it up

If they send your name the same they they send you a notice for your FP. If the name comes back (clear) unless you have done your FP, I guess they won't give you the interview? Because they all step in their own place.

Actually Nichme, I think if someone's name check and FP results clear, they would be scheduled for an interview, even if others who have an earlier priority date are still in name check. In other words, being stuck in the name check does not guarantee your spot in the queue. It is truly first come first serve.