Receipt and FP Notice Received

In my FP they just asked for GC.

action 123... make sure as your hairs are changing color you update USCIS with new photo

Hi All,

I want to write about my FP experience as it was very pleasant and I learned or re-affirmed a few things.

First of all, the FP process was very smooth. I took the entire day off work (although the appointment was for 10am) and my wife and daughter accompanied me since we planned an outing for the day. We arrived at the CIS building (there is no separate ACS for this DO) around 9.50am. I filled out my worksheet and was called for finger printing by 10.05am. The place was empty - there were maybe 2 other individuals there for their finger printing. All in all, the process went by very fast. They didn't even ask if I wanted a study booklet - they just handed me one. Talk about proactive! :D

As I was putting on my jacket, I noticed the information desk was empty with 3 IOs just sitting in front of their PCs and told my wife "what if i just go up and ask them a few questions about the process?" And I did! I thought at first I would be asked to schedule an InfoPass, but the IOs were very nice. Although I was talking to primarily one IO, the other two would chime in once in a while. I asked the IO about the N-400 process to clarify some of the discussions we have been having on this board:
-- First of all, it is confirmed that the name check, IBIS check, and FP checks are initiated as soon as the application is receipted (i.e. entered into Claims 4). The IO did stress that FP is applicable to availability at the local ACS but not getting it does not mean the other security checks were not initiated.
-- She did confirm that on the most part, checks take a maximum of 3-6 months for a large percentage (she said greater than 95%) and that folks getting stuck for 1+ years is not as common as you may think - in regards to sheer volume.
-- She also confirmed that even though most officers follow the May 2006 memo not to schedule interviews before the name check has cleared, that some of them do any way.
-- She mentioned that the service center works in two ways: (a) either they hold onto the A-file and do not send it to the local office until they have passed all checks and an interview has been scheduled (b) or they just send the A-file to the DO and the officers there decide whether or not to ask for an interview schedule if the security checks have not cleared.
-- She encouraged me to come back and talk to them if I haven't heard anything in 3 months (meaning i haven't gotten an IL). I was surprised by that because this DO seemed very open to the idea of helping applicants research their cases.

Thanks for letting me share my experience. Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I want to write about my FP experience as it was very pleasant and I learned or re-affirmed a few things.

First of all, the FP process was very smooth. I took the entire day off work (although the appointment was for 10am) and my wife and daughter accompanied me since we planned an outing for the day. We arrived at the CIS building (there is no separate ACS for this DO) around 9.50am. I filled out my worksheet and was called for finger printing by 10.05am. The place was empty - there were maybe 2 other individuals there for their finger printing. All in all, the process went by very fast. They didn't even ask if I wanted a study booklet - they just handed me one. Talk about proactive! :D

As I was putting on my jacket, I noticed the information desk was empty with 3 IOs just sitting in front of their PCs and told my wife "what if i just go up and ask them a few questions about the process?" And I did! I thought at first I would be asked to schedule an InfoPass, but the IOs were very nice. Although I was talking to primarily one IO, the other two would chime in once in a while. I asked the IO about the N-400 process to clarify some of the discussions we have been having on this board:
-- First of all, it is confirmed that the name check, IBIS check, and FP checks are initiated as soon as the application is receipted (i.e. entered into Claims 4). The IO did stress that FP is applicable to availability at the local ACS but not getting it does not mean the other security checks were not initiated.
-- She did confirm that on the most part, checks take a maximum of 3-6 months for a large percentage (she said greater than 95%) and that folks getting stuck for 1+ years is not as common as you may think - in regards to sheer volume.
-- She also confirmed that even though most officers follow the May 2006 memo not to schedule interviews before the name check has cleared, that some of them do any way.
-- She mentioned that the service center works in two ways: (a) either they hold onto the A-file and do not send it to the local office until they have passed all checks and an interview has been scheduled (b) or they just send the A-file to the DO and the officers there decide whether or not to ask for an interview schedule if the security checks have not cleared.
-- She encouraged me to come back and talk to them if I haven't heard anything in 3 months (meaning i haven't gotten an IL). I was surprised by that because this DO seemed very open to the idea of helping applicants research their cases.

Thanks for letting me share my experience. Ciao.

Excellent report LolaLi..this board needs more people like you who go beyond their way to question the process and share their real life experience..keep up the reporting !!

Excellent report LolaLi..this board needs more people like you who go beyond their way to question the process and share their real life experience..keep up the reporting !!

First of all, thank you Lolali.
2nd? since you have gotten approval from Bobsmyth you may be eligible to get your Interview Letter.
3rd, you can even use my posting coupons and post more stuff for us
4th, I didn't get anything from USCIS for my christmas present:mad:
5th, I generaly hate it when I go to my PO BOX and it is totally empty not even a bill to pay(that is sad on Friday afternoon and all work you have done all week long)
6th, I am really wonder where the heck are these Interview letters? I guess not everybodies are stuck in namecheck?
7th? our post office is not close on Monday (more days to be worry about my case)
that is enough, you guys have a good weekend