RD - OCT 2001...Please post updates Here

AVM should have been changed

Normally after a case is approved, they say so in AVM in a couple of
days. Since my EAD card was received by my lawyer even before I wanted
to call INS, I do not know whether AVM has been changed or not. My
wife was issued a RFE, AVM told us that before it was received by my lawyer. If it is important to find out the fact to some people, I will call INS tonight.

I put my lawyer\'s address in my EAD/AP application since we were going to move but not sure when and where. So my EAD and my wife\'s RFE were
both sent to my lawyer. Surprisingly, our AP documents were sent to
our new home address, of which my lawyer informed INS after our moving.

Local INS did fixed my AP.....Some Hints if u are applying for AP....

Local INS fixed my AP today. I was issued new AP with correct Birth date and Birth place.

Local INS also told me that they will only issue AP if applicant has valid Airline tickits or a case to prove she/he needs to go outside the country for some valid reason.

OracleOracle

MD 10/26 ND??

I mailed 485/EAD applications on 10/26. No news yet, does it take this long to get ND and receipt notice? ....

Gurus please advise.

Thanks

Venus : Which no did you call ?

Venus,

Which no did you call? and how much time did you have to wait on the phone to talk to IIO.

Thanks

AVM updated after EAD approval

sjw,
I called INS last night and found:
(1) AVM was updated with message on approval,
(2) My EAD was actually approved on 11/30/01.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Probelm with Wife\'s 485 application

Hi Guys, (RD 10/16/01 ND 11/21/01)

I managed to get thru to IIO at NSC today. I was calling becos i received my receipt but not my wife. My wife has been assigned a LIN # but her 485 application was rejected on 11/21/01 because of improper filing. I was told that some form is missing a signature.

I called my lawyer and she said that she has received no communication as yet from NSC.

Funny part is the checks for my wife\'s EAD and AP were cashed by INS on 11/27/2001 !!!

So are EAD, AP and I485 applications independant ?
Any suggestions ? recommendations ? on what i can do next.

Thanks for any advice.

Jay

Yes, the applicatin for EAD and AP are separate. Most lawyers file 485/EAD/AP applications separately with separate checks for payment of fee so that if a application gets rejected for something improper, the rest of the applications remain on track.

This avoids the kick back of the whole package if something goes wrong with any of the applications.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Isn\'t EAD/AP based on I485

Thanks ! Thats good news, but wouldn\'t EAD and AP be dependent on I485.
Anyways, I will wait for what my lawyer gets.

For Haraputta and MN 485 waiters

Hi Haraputta,

I got my receipts and I am planning to go to the local INS office and get my EAD. Please tell me the list of docs needed to get the EAD at the local INS office. Also let me know if the address listed is the right one for the local INS office in MN

2901 Metro Drive, Suite 100, Bloomington, MN 55425.

TIA

GCAR

gcar!

Yes the address is correct. Make sure you DO NOT GIVE THE ORIGINAL 485 RECEIPT.. I repeat DO NOT GIVE THE OFFICER THE ORIGINAL 485 receipt. If he/she asks for it to just look at it... thats ok.. but dont let him/her keep it. Bring the following with you..

copy of I-140
copy of your current status... H-1b (1-129) if any
copy of 485 receipt.

That should do it.

Good luck.

Jay!

You are correct. If unfortunately, it is the 485 application, which got kicked back, that would ruin the whole thing (EAD and AP apps as well) because both depend on the 485 app.

Thanks.

Only I-485 (no AP, EAD): RD 11/29, ND 12/4, received by lawyer 12/11

i was pleasantly surprised on receiving the receipt so soon.

Received EAD in Mail AD:- 12/11

Received EAD for me in Mail ...... AVM not changed yet....
Did not received EAD for my Wife....

Details
MD:- 10/10
RD:- 10/11 ( Receipts Not received yet )
ND:- 11/13
AP:- 12/03
EA:- 12/11

No Sign of EAD

MD : 10/05/01
RD : 10/09/01
ND :11/09/01 (got the Receipts of i485/Ead/AP for me and wife )
AP : Approved and Received for both
EAD : ???????

AP approval date

wha is your AP approval date?
I am also waiting for EAD.
RD 10/12
ND 11/14
AP approval 12/03
EAD ?????
Colleague of mine whose RD and ND is 3-4 days behind me, got EAD Approval yesterday (12/14).
Does anybody have any idea if RFE is issued, does AVM say that?
Guys, Anybody else with the similar dates waiting for EAD?

EAD Approved RD 10/05

My EAD was approved but AVM was not yet updated.
MD 10/03
RD 10/05
ND 11/08
AP 12/05
EAD 12/11

sjw.....

Hang on there for a week. My RD is 10/11 I have received EAD for myself. But not for my wife. Wait for a week. I am planning to call IIO if i do not receive my wifes by 12/26

OracleOracle