Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Thank you Gee24, I really appreciate your inputs.
It was a true mistake and if it comes up we will be ready to correct it, and if they don't ask we won't tell, not going to talk more than we are asked.

Thanks sam012007 and bobsmyth. I am looking at some of the dates in the signatures for many of people on this forum and it seems like the FP notice should be sent within 2 weeks from NOA most of the time so I was scared when bobsmyth mentioned to wait 2 months to get it.

Thanks sam012007 and bobsmyth. I am looking at some of the dates in the signatures for many of people on this forum and it seems like the FP notice should be sent within 2 weeks from NOA most of the time so I was scared when bobsmyth mentioned to wait 2 months to get it.
It's a common mistake to look at other applicants' processing times and expect the same. Every case is handled independently and there are multiple factors that can influence processing times. Considering that USCIS has a posted goal of 5 months, waiting up to 1-2 months after NOA to receive FP is not unrealistic. Just be patient..you'll get your FP before you know it.

Folks,

My interview is on March 15 (see sig for more details). Do you know if it is possible to perform same day oath in Raleigh office? My father is ill (in fact just got back from India after 2 months stay there) and I MIGHT need to go back if his condition deteriorates (hope it doesn't but I need to plan).I plan to ask at the end of the interview but I am wondering if anyone is aware that if this is even a possibility. Also, if they do send an oath letter with appointment, is that in Raleigh or do we need to go to Charlotte?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thanirs, my lawyer was saying if the interview is in the morning, it is very possible to go to oath ceremony in the afternoon same day. if it is in the afternoon, it is very possible the next day.

Friends, I got the FP notice today. FP appointment is on 3/23/2010. All details are in my signature. The question I ahve is can I just do a walk in for FP before 3/23 or I need to do it at that date only?

Friends, I got the FP notice today. FP appointment is on 3/23/2010. All details are in my signature. The question I ahve is can I just do a walk in for FP before 3/23 or I need to do it at that date only?

You can try going for a walk in on Wednesday or Saturday with a valid reason. These days are usually reserved for walk ins.

Walk-in early FP appointment at Raleigh/Durham ACS?

Hello all,

Has anyone tried doing a walk-in FP appointment early at the Raleigh/Durham ASC? (It's the same street address as the Raleigh/Durham field office, by the way.) I will be traveling outside the US at the time of my appointment and would like to try doing it early.

Specifically, is there a better day to go? Is Thursday okay? I would appreciate any advice or any experience you could share. Thanks!

Read the previous post for your answer.

Thanks, Bobsmyth! I did see your post after I posted mine, although I thought I had posted in the root of "US Citizenship" and not under this thread... :) I did want to ask you, though, how recent your information is regarding Saturdays. Here is what the Raleigh ACS's webpage on USCIS.gov says:

This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your input. :D

Thanks, Bobsmyth! I did see your post after I posted mine, although I thought I had posted in the root of "US Citizenship" and not under this thread... :) I did want to ask you, though, how recent your information is regarding Saturdays. Here is what the Raleigh ACS's webpage on USCIS.gov says:

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your input. :D
I moved your original post to the Raleigh thread for more visibility.
I don't know if Raleigh ASC is open on Saturday. My answer was based on what my FP notice showed for Charlotte ASC 2 years ago. Your FP letter should show when you can go for a walk in case you miss original date.

Hello all,

Has anyone tried doing a walk-in FP appointment early at the Raleigh/Durham ASC? (It's the same street address as the Raleigh/Durham field office, by the way.) I will be traveling outside the US at the time of my appointment and would like to try doing it early.

Specifically, is there a better day to go? Is Thursday okay? I would appreciate any advice or any experience you could share. Thanks!

Hi Goldin03:

THE ANSWER IS "YES".

I DID WALK IN.
IN FACT, MY D O WAS CHARLOTTE.............I used to live in Raleigh for the sake of job.
I JUST WALKED IN (1 WEEK EARLIER THAN THE PRESCRIBED DATE). OCTOBER 2009.

NO QUESTIONS WERE ASKED.
FP WAS DONE IN JUST 30 MINUTES OR SO.
THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM, AS FAR AS I KNOW.
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE DATES (I WENT ON A TUESDAY)

GOOD LUCK,

Gee24

What is this YL ? I received one mentioning DL to be presented during my interview .

What should I do in regards to it ?

Thanks

THE ANSWER IS "YES".

I DID WALK IN.
IN FACT, MY D O WAS CHARLOTTE.............I used to live in Raleigh for the sake of job.
I JUST WALKED IN (1 WEEK EARLIER THAN THE PRESCRIBED DATE). OCTOBER 2009.

NO QUESTIONS WERE ASKED.
FP WAS DONE IN JUST 30 MINUTES OR SO.
THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM, AS FAR AS I KNOW.
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE DATES (I WENT ON A TUESDAY)

I moved your original post to the Raleigh thread for more visibility.
I don't know if Raleigh ASC is open on Saturday. My answer was based on what my FP notice showed for Charlotte ASC 2 years ago. Your FP letter should show when you can go for a walk in case you miss original date.

Thanks so much, Gee24 and Bobsmyth! :) I actually was able to call and talk to the Field Office Director in Raleigh, and he said they do try to fit you in if you walk in on any day, but that Wednesday is a better day to do so. (Wednesday is listed on my FP notice as well.) So, I guess I'll try to go in tomorrow instead of Thursday.

By the way, I got the director's phone number off this website: www.americanconservativedaily.com/2...nd-immigration-services-leadership-directory/

They have contact information for all USCIS field offices, service centers, etc.

Friends, I received FP notice for myself but so far we have not seen my wife's although the RFE online update and the notice per online update were done both at the same time as my case. Any pointers? advice? it has been 2 days since I got mine.

Friends, I received FP notice for myself but so far we have not seen my wife's although the RFE online update and the notice per online update were done both at the same time as my case. Any pointers? advice? it has been 2 days since I got mine.
Give it until end of the week. If she still hasn't received it by then, have her go for an Infopass.