Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

5 weeks since FP & 9 weeks since I applied......still waiting for IL. Should I call cust svc? or wait for another week or two?
chola

Durham NC DO
12/01/09: Mailed N400 to Lewisville TX (USPS Express mail)
12/02/09: Mail Forwarded to Dallas
12/03/09: Received in Dallas
12/07/09: Check cashed
01/04/09: FP at Durham DO (scheduled date)
01/12/09: Recd Yellow letters

I think you should wait for another couple of weeks .... considering that in december month USCIS was doing christmas party.........damn! it's gettin slow

Okay I had FP on 12/29/2009, received YL within a week after that and still waiting on my IL ... I am going to wait for another 2 weeks as I do see people who got their FP done on Dec 7 have been receiving ILs. All the best to everybody.

sam12007, can you post your timeline since you applied plz.
thx
chola

Durham NC DO
01/04/09: FP at Durham DO (scheduled date)
01/12/09: Recd Yellow letters

Sorry for delay my friend Chola, my signatures will have all the timeline.

By the way, today morning 3:30am I received an email that my case has been transferred for the interview scheduling to the local office (both of us actually). Wait was worth it ;-)

Same here sam, got an email alert that our cases have been transferred to the local office for interview scheduling.
Good to see some movement.
chola

Durham NC DO
01/04/10: FP at Durham DO (scheduled date)
01/12/10: Recd Yellow letters
02/18/10: Case trasferred to local office

Got my interview letter today, with an interview date of 04/12, atleast 2 weeks later than what I anticipated, very disappointed, now our trip to India in June will be very tight...

Got my interview letter today, with an interview date of 04/12, atleast 2 weeks later than what I anticipated, very disappointed, now our trip to India in June will be very tight...[/Qon UOTE]:

Sam:

Just my inputs....if I were you...may be just 2 cents value:
-- In the interview, be very nice and courteous to the Officer (this is # 1.....I am not kidding... I mean it) and at the end of the conversation, check with him for early dates of OATH.... even if there is any the same day...some times they really accommodate

-- On the day of oath, have the PASSPORT application (with all required docs ready), go straight to the Post office and submit the application ............and it took 2 weeks in my case to get the passport.
-- Very next day of getting the Passport, drive down to DC, make sure you are there at 8 am in the morning and you should get it the same day (in person)

Good Luck...

gee24

Last edited by a moderator:
Our ID is on 4/19 - a full 8 weeks away from IL. Wonder what the lead time would be for the Oath....
chola

Durham NC DO
01/04/10: FP at Durham DO (scheduled date)
01/12/10: Recd Yellow letters
01/19/10: Recd IL
04/19/10: ID

Thanks so much Gee24 for your inputs, I will keep these things in mind. Chola, yes, I will post my experience.
Gee24: Did you apply your passport as regular or expedited service?

Thanks so much Gee24 for your inputs, I will keep these things in mind. Chola, yes, I will post my experience.
Gee24: Did you apply your passport as regular or expedited service?

I DID NOT REQUEST FOR "EXPEDITED SERVICE".........I WAS NOT NEEDING IT URGENTLY.
I FEEL YOU SHOULD GO FOR THAT SERVICE.... TO ENSURE.... EARLY ATTENTION.

ALSO, JUST FYI.
IN SOME POST OFFICES (LIKE THE ONE IN CARY), YOU NEED TO HAVE APPOINTMENT FIXED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT APPLICATION, PER MY INQUIRY.
HOWEVER IT IS JUST A 5 MINUTES JOB AT THE POST OFFICE FOR THEM TO GO OVER THE DOCUMENTS WE PROVIDE. NOT A BIG DEAL.
THEY DON'T LET YOU WALK IN.
YOU MAY AS WELL CHECK ON THAT.

Good luck,

Gee24

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gee24 and chola.

One more question I have to you my friends -
There was a mistake done in my wife's N-400 form that we sent to USCIS, it was about the work that my wife had done after getting the GC, we actually thought that she worked for about 6 months on EAD before getting GC and never worked after getting GC. But recently we checked her payslips from that employer and they were actually after getting the GC. Unfortunately enough, we did not put it in the forms (put it as NA).

Now what are our choices? I am thinking the following:
Bring in all the payslips at the interview and if asked about employment tell them the truth and produce the payslips, and if not asked just keep quite.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks Gee24 and chola.

One more question I have to you my friends -
There was a mistake done in my wife's N-400 form that we sent to USCIS, it was about the work that my wife had done after getting the GC, we actually thought that she worked for about 6 months on EAD before getting GC and never worked after getting GC. But recently we checked her payslips from that employer and they were actually after getting the GC. Unfortunately enough, we did not put it in the forms (put it as NA).

Now what are our choices? I am thinking the following:
Bring in all the payslips at the interview and if asked about employment tell them the truth and produce the payslips, and if not asked just keep quite.

What are your suggestions?

Sam:

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY...........AND PLEASE DISCOUNT MY SUGGESTION .......TO THE EXTENT YOU DEEM APPROPRIATE.

However, if I were you. what would I DO ? I am going give here:

First of all, citizenship is not employment based. So there should be no questions / clarifications ( just fyi. I was without job for a few months before submitting my N-400..... got panicky about this and BOBSMYTH clarified on this to me... thanks to BOBSMYTH).

However they are keen to make sure that your tax returns / submissions are current. They would be keen in ensuring that you have not defaulted in submitting your returns.
Normally we guys are always prompt in these things..........as far as I know. Take all the Tax Returns in the last 3 years. That should be good enough.

There SHOULD BE NO QUESTIONS ABOUT 'Non-inlusion of your wifes partial job history' in the application. THIS IS WHAT I THINK.
I WOULD SAY "Just keep quite, until you are asked about this".
If it comes up, sincerely apologize to the Officer and say that there was an error for a VERY MINOR PART OF THE JOB HISTORY AND THAT YOU ARE WILLING STAND CORRECTED AND ACCORDINGLY CERTIFY.

Again I am just another guy like you in this field.
Also check with your friends who have been to the interviews............whether there were any specific checks or detailed / chronological check on the job history....ever done to any one.
Not that I know of.

Hope I did not misguide you.

Good luck.
Gee24