Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Oath Ceremony in Soutport

If any body is scheduled for oath ceremony for Jan 27th in Southport NC and live in the triangle, please respond.

Thanks Natz.
Actually there is nothing unique about interview. Main thing is to keep your calm. If your case is straight forward, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Regarding managing your kid, even though you have same timeslots, if one of you is already inside and other one gets called, you can tell them to wait for 15-20 minutes to take care of the kid. Otherwise, if you prefer you can even take the kid inside. I saw few people doing that as well. Its really no big deal and they are very accomodative. Good luck.

What documents did you take to the interview?
Do you have a checklist or something that would help?

Dear all,

I have not heard anything since Dec. 9 2009, the day I received the yellow letter. Does this seem normal to you? Anybody in the same situation as mine? Is there anything I can do? Thanks a lot in advance for any help! I started to feel frustrated!

Raleigh, NC : D/O
N-400 Mail: Date10/30/2009
Priority Date 11/3/2009
FP Date: 11/23/2009
Yellow Letter Received:12/9/2009
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:

Dear all,

I have not heard anything since Dec. 9 2009, the day I received the yellow letter. Does this seem normal to you? Anybody in the same situation as mine? Is there anything I can do? Thanks a lot in advance for any help! I started to feel frustrated!

N-400 Mail: Date10/30/2009
Priority Date 11/3/2009
FP Date: 11/23/2009
Yellow Letter Received:12/9/2009
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:
Give it another 2 weeks. If you haven't heard anything by then, schedule an Infopass appointment to follow up on your case.

I am in a similar situation as well. I have not heard anything since I received the YL (Dec 13 2009). YL specifically said not to send anything in the mail and only to bring DL to the interview. However, the USCIS website says the case is in suspense and shows in RFE state. See below text in quotes. I only received three documents so far (NOA, FP and YL). FP were completed on Dec 9 2009. I tried calling the 800 number listed below but I wasn't able to figure out how to talk to an agent. I kept getting "the agent does not have more info than whats on the website." Normally, I wouldn't worry about the delay. I am out of the country dealing with a family emergency (Dad is terminally ill) and I need to have some semblance of planning a return date for the interview. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

"On November 24, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I am in a similar situation as well. I have not heard anything since I received the YL (Dec 13 2009). YL specifically said not to send anything in the mail and only to bring DL to the interview. However, the USCIS website says the case is in suspense and shows in RFE state. See below text in quotes. I only received three documents so far (NOA, FP and YL). FP were completed on Dec 9 2009. I tried calling the 800 number listed below but I wasn't able to figure out how to talk to an agent. I kept getting "the agent does not have more info than whats on the website." Normally, I wouldn't worry about the delay. I am out of the country dealing with a family emergency (Dad is terminally ill) and I need to have some semblance of planning a return date for the interview. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

"On November 24, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

------------------------------------
thanirs,

I am in the exact same situation that you are in. I applied on nov 11th and received my FP and completed them. since then my online status says its pending with an RFE.
So i did 2 things.
One,On Jan7th Called up the USCIS and had them raise a ticket, and then i got an email back saying that it was infact an error and that my case is back on track. However the online status has not changed.
Second, On Jan 25th i got an infopass and asked the officer my status and got the same answer saying that my case is in line for an interview and that there are no dates available now. He also said they are not processing Nov 2009 applications yet. He asked me not to worry about the online status. And he was not sure when i would get the Interview letter but i was assured that i am in line.

I would suggest that you call the USCIS number and choose the option for "document not received" and then when the rep comes on, just ask to be connected to the 2nd level immigration officer. They will have the actual status of your case. The 1st level just reads off the system, no help at all.

Hope that works.. Best of luck.

-----------------------------------
01/05/2005: GC Date
11/6/2009: N-400 Mail Date
11/9/2009: N-400 Rcvd Date
11/10/2009: Priority Date
11/10/2009: NOA Rcvd Date
11/9/2009: Check Cashed Date
11/17/2009: FP Letter Received
11/30/2009: Yellow Letter Received(DL reqd at interview)
12/07/2009: FP Date (Done as per schedule)
IL not received yet.

Just got off the phone with (very friendly and polite) customer service folks. The officer told me that it was a glitch and the case was NOT in suspense contrary to the online status. And I am actually in line to be scheduled for an interview. He verified that my FP was indeed completed.

He added that the approximate processing times for an interview in NC are anywhere from 2-4 months from the YL.

Hope this helps others.

Hi, All,

I have just made a call. The officer was very nice and telling me that the computer does not recognize the difference between addition information and finger print request. This causes a lot confusion in N-400 cases. And I am in line starting December and waiting for computer to schedule an interview appointment. It could take a couple of weeks to 3 months depending on how bad the traffic is and the number of interviews the local office can take each day. I wish these information can help whoever is in the same situation as mine. Good luck to everybody.

The same here. Got the online status notice this morning.

I have gotten the online status update notice too early this morning. It is interesting that it seems very likely the update IS managed by computer.

I have gotten the online status update notice too early this morning. It is interesting that it seems very likely the update IS managed by computer.

Now that's a coincidence. I got the same update on my case too. good thing the RFE scare is gone.

You guys think you got the IL as a result of calling cust svc? what if you never called?
chola

Chola, I don't know! It might just be a coincidence. As a matter of fact, I had played with the online status check by inputting numerous receipt numbers that are before and after mine..... All the number that before mine had been in interview status a month ago. So, it might just be our time finally.

No. I am very certain it is not as a result of calling customer service. I have not gotten the IL yet. The interview is being scheduled. The case has moved to the next stage (Testing and Interview).

Durham appears slower than many DO's. Makes me wonder if they talk to only a limited number of folks every week.