Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

NOA not received yet .. any way to follow up

My time line is as follows:
N400 mailed: 8/3/09 to Lewisville TX. through UPS
Check Cashed: 8/6/09

It has been only a week, but I have not heard anything back from USCIS. Many others seem to have heard in about 3 - 4 days after the check being cashed. Should I be concerned. Is there a way to follow up?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

When does your eligibility to file N-400 start ?

Sairam:

Quick question....

My understanding is that we become eligible to submit N400 only after 4 years and 9 months from the date of getting GC. (within 3 months of completion of 5 years from GC date).

You mentioned that you received the card on 3/24/05.......if the date of GC is 3/24/05, I would think that your eligibility to file N400 turns on by end of December.....I guess. I may be wrong.
What exactly is the date on GC ?

I am not a pundit in this.... I see several experienced /knowledgeable guys in this forum,,,, and they may jump in and clarify.

Good Luck for you to get this done ASAP with the blessings of "SAIRAMJI"
Please check on this Sairam.....

Sairam:

Quick question....

My understanding is that we become eligible to submit N400 only after 4 years and 9 months from the date of getting GC. (within 3 months of completion of 5 years from GC date).

You mentioned that you received the card on 3/24/05.......if the date of GC is 3/24/05, I would think that your eligibility to file N400 turns on by end of December.....I guess. I may be wrong.
What exactly is the date on GC ?

I am not a pundit in this.... I see several experienced /knowledgeable guys in this forum,,,, and they may jump in and clarify.

Good Luck for you to get this done ASAP with the blessings of "SAIRAMJI"
Please check on this Sairam.....

the 3/24/05 date is the physical reciept of the card. Our GCs were approved on 8/16/04.

Cheers

I brough little with me.

My greencard is employment based. For the interview, I brought passport, notice, greencard, photos, driver license. The officer only looked the driver license, not even closely.

If you're the paranoid type, bring anything you can collect. Otherwise, just relax. Seriously, I can't imagine you will be denied the citizenship just because you didn't bring your latest pay stub.

Good Morning Guys..... quick question.

Do we need to carry latest Pay stubs to the interview ?
OR
Its fine if we carry the Tax Returns till end of last year ?

My case is

My status
I have not submitted N 400 yet.
Just trying to know the process.
Thanks for the help.
Have a great day

Thanks Cloudyskyhere

Thanks for your response 'Cloudyskyhere'.

Now that you have gone past the Interview stage, its not cloudy any more for you..............its a clear sky........ Have a great day:)

I had posted a kinda-sorta worried question earlier as to why my receipt notice had not yet been received. It had been more than 10 days since my N400 was sent to the Lewisville address and 6 days since the checks were cashed.

Glad to report that I received the acknowledgment along with the FP appointment letters as part of the same mail delivery on the same day. However, they were both mailed out a week apart from each other. Thank you USPS!!!!!

My signature is now updated with the dates

Cheers

Good to know the status and progress Sairam1.

So...........you should be done with the whole process before Thanksgiving...
Good Luck

The Oath Ceremony.

I took the oath ceremony this morning. It's presided by the local field director of USCIS. He made an effort to make it interactive and fun. That's nice. The whole process took about one hour. I regret I didn't bring my camera with me.

After the ceremony, I went to the local post office for passport application with the newly printed naturalization certificate.

I came to this country on Aug 3rd, 1997, with hope, dream and a lot excitement. 12 years passed. Finally the immigration journey is over. But new struggle begins. I recently was laid off by Cxxxx. Though I will have a new job offer by Cxxxx in another capacity, quite possibly I will go back to China to find a job there. Engineering is a sunset industry here in US. You don't have to be smart to figure out that the big multi-national companies are moving jobs overseas like crazy. If I take another engineering position, I simply delay the layoff for two years.

I love this country. One of main reasons I want to get naturalized is that in the passed several years, the country is slipping into a wrong track, totally screwed by a bunch crooks in private and public sectors. I'm not sure even Obama will be able to fix it. It's probably beyond the tipping point. Still I'd like to have my voice and opinion heard.

Hope everyone have a smooth process. God bless America.

I took the oath ceremony this morning. It's presided by the local field director of USCIS. He made an effort to make it interactive and fun. That's nice. The whole process took about one hour. I regret I didn't bring my camera with me.

After the ceremony, I went to the local post office for passport application with the newly printed naturalization certificate.

I came to this country on Aug 3rd, 1997, with hope, dream and a lot excitement. 12 years passed. Finally the immigration journey is over. But new struggle begins. I recently was laid off by Cxxxx. Though I will have a new job offer by Cxxxx in another capacity, quite possibly I will go back to China to find a job there. Engineering is a sunset industry here in US. You don't have to be smart to figure out that the big multi-national companies are moving jobs overseas like crazy. If I take another engineering position, I simply delay the layoff for two years.

I love this country. One of main reasons I want to get naturalized is that in the passed several years, the country is slipping into a wrong track, totally screwed by a bunch crooks in private and public sectors. I'm not sure even Obama will be able to fix it. It's probably beyond the tipping point. Still I'd like to have my voice and opinion heard.

Congratulations !! Sorry to hear you got laid off from Cisco..hopefully you'll find something soon in your field.

Congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS for completing the Oath process.
You are absolutely right..... whole process is screwed here. Both Republicans and Dems are responsible for this... I would blame Clinton Admn for this whole debacle in Housing Industry.... when this process was initially introduced for approving mortgage loans for 'any one and every one'. This will not happen in any other country....... the result is the whole economy broke down...
I know this in details because I used to work for Freddie and Fannie and have first hand knowledge of the whole process.......and now I am without a job like you. Good luck to you for getting job...
I HAVE A QUESTION ON THE NEXT PAGE......PLEASE SEE PAGE 58.... THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you fill in for Part B in page 3

My greencard is employment based. For the interview, I brought passport, notice, greencard, photos, driver license. The officer only looked the driver license, not even closely.

If you're the paranoid type, bring anything you can collect. Otherwise, just relax. Seriously, I can't imagine you will be denied the citizenship just because you didn't bring your latest pay stub.

Quick question Cloudyskyhere. You mentioned that you were unemployed for some time.
I have been without job for couple of months now.
What did you fill in for page 3 (Part B) of N-400 ?
Did you mention that you were UNEMPLOYED ? Please respond when U can.
I am planning to submit my N400.
Just wondering how this would be viewed for processing my N400.
But I am without a job for 3 months now, despite 2 Masters in US and with certifications in SAP etc....etc
Sorry to ask this question again..
Would it be better to apply AFTER securing a job ?
Thanks for the feed back.

I don't think it matters.

My situation is a little bit different from yours. I submitted my application at the end of April. The layoff news came on July 16th. My last official day with the company is Sep 14th. So technically, I'm still fully employed.

I'm not sure how to answer yours. But I'll just fill in "self-employed" if I were you. I truly believe it doesn't matter for N400 application.

Good luck.

Quick question Cloudyskyhere. You mentioned that you were unemployed for some time.
I have been without job for couple of months now.
What did you fill in for page 3 (Part B) of N-400 ?
Did you mention that you were UNEMPLOYED ? Please respond when U can.
I am planning to submit my N400.
Just wondering how this would be viewed for processing my N400.
But I am without a job for 3 months now, despite 2 Masters in US and with certifications in SAP etc....etc
Sorry to ask this question again..
Would it be better to apply AFTER securing a job ?
Thanks for the feed back.

Thanks Bobsmyth and Coudyskyhere for the feedback

THANKS TO YOU BOTH VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION.

Have a great day

mytime line

Hi all,

I have been following this forum/thread and it is very helpful. I wanted to share my timeline with you all.

Thanks

FP Date 8/11/09 (walk in done)
IL: 8/28/09
ID: 9/8/09 (Durham DO) Passed!
OL: 9/11/09
OD: 9/18/09 Durham
PP: 9/19/09 (applied )
PP: waiting

Hi all,

I have been following this forum/thread and it is very helpful. I wanted to share my timeline with you all.

Thanks

FP Date 8/11/09 (walk in done)
IL: 8/28/09
ID: 9/8/09 (Durham DO) Passed!
OL: 9/11/09
OD: 9/18/09 Durham
PP: 9/19/09 (applied )
PP: waiting

Congratulations!! Wow, that was super fast.. 2 1/2 months from PD to OD.

Citizenship Journey Timeline

DO - Raleigh/Durham
N400 Mailed - 09/11
NOA - 09/15
Priority Date - 09/17
Checks enchased - 09/18
FP Scheduled - 10/13

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been so quiet! Let's keep it alive. Please post any movement with your case at Raleigh/Durham DO.