Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Done

Finished N-400 process at Durham DO.

Interview:
Officer was matter-of-fact and businesslike but polite. Officer reviewed the application thoroughly. Nothing more. She made a comment on a traffic ticket but I didn't take the bait and kept quiet. She moved on. Then came the civics and English tests. She asked about my availability for the oath date. She told me to wait while somebody reviews her decision and print out the oath letter. The whole interview lasted just 10mins. Then a wait of 1 hour and I was handed a oath letter.

Oath:
USCIS staff was extra polite. No security checks were done infact :) Anyway the actual ceremony 1hr long started with an interactive talk by DO boss, then oath, the pledge (led by a soldier new-citizen), slide show, a short movie about the country/patriotism, welcome speech by the President. The whole ceremony ended with distribution of the naturalization certificates.
The ceremony was family friendly with an infant and toddler with their natzed parents.

For the paranoids on this board - We were given a cheat sheet of list of things to do after natz, the first item in bold - was - make a copy of the natz cert.

My photos had me wearing glasses. I did take a extra set for interview but was never asked. The natz cert has my pictures with glasses.

I changed jobs 2 days before GC approval. It wasn't bought up in the interview.

The environment is very casual and friendly.

Congratulations..wow, took you less than 3 months. And to think it took over 1 year just 2 years ago..they have come a long way.

yes Bob - Things seem to have changed for the better. The DO boss mentioned that RDU DO has processed 10000 natz cases in year and half or so of its existence. That is more than 500 natz a month. if true - thats pretty impressive for a new DO.

Congratulations njoy scuba

Finished N-400 process at Durham DO.

Interview:
Officer was matter-of-fact and businesslike but polite. Officer reviewed the application thoroughly. Nothing more. She made a comment on a traffic ticket but I didn't take the bait and kept quiet. She moved on. Then came the civics and English tests. She asked about my availability for the oath date. She told me to wait while somebody reviews her decision and print out the oath letter. The whole interview lasted just 10mins. Then a wait of 1 hour and I was handed a oath letter.

Oath:
USCIS staff was extra polite. No security checks were done infact :) Anyway the actual ceremony 1hr long started with an interactive talk by DO boss, then oath, the pledge (led by a soldier new-citizen), slide show, a short movie about the country/patriotism, welcome speech by the President. The whole ceremony ended with distribution of the naturalization certificates.
The ceremony was family friendly with an infant and toddler with their natzed parents.

For the paranoids on this board - We were given a cheat sheet of list of things to do after natz, the first item in bold - was - make a copy of the natz cert.

My photos had me wearing glasses. I did take a extra set for interview but was never asked. The natz cert has my pictures with glasses.

I changed jobs 2 days before GC approval. It wasn't bought up in the interview.

The environment is very casual and friendly.

congratulations NJOY SCUBA

Hi,
My parents are planning to do fingerprint (walk-in) tomorrow, Monday.
Do you guys know that if the Raleigh office opens up for fingerprint on Monday?
I know that some immigration office do accept finger prints only on certain days of the week.

Thanks for your help.

Was the Office in Raleigh Open today (Monday) ?

Hi,
My parents are planning to do fingerprint (walk-in) tomorrow, Monday.
Do you guys know that if the Raleigh office opens up for fingerprint on Monday?
I know that some immigration office do accept finger prints only on certain days of the week.

Thanks for your help.

I am planning to walk in tomorrow (10/27) in Raleigh DO for my fingerprint (Actually my FP is to be done in Charlotte on 10/29 only).
I am located in Raleigh (on temp basis) for a few weeks. Not sure if they will let me complete the process.

could you pls let me know about the dates Raleigh DO is open for FP?

Thanks,

Gee24

My Info:
--------
DO: Charlotte, NC
10/01/09: N400 FED EX to Lewisville,TX
10/02/09: N-400 Received
10/06/09: NOA date
10/06/09: Check cashed
10/20/09: FP notice received
10/29/09: FP appointment (I am going to walk in Raleigh DO on 10/27 and try)
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to walk in tomorrow (10/27) in Raleigh DO for my fingerprint (Actually my FP is to be done in Charlotte on 10/29 only).
I am located in Raleigh (on temp basis) for a few weeks. Not sure if they will let me complete the process.

could you pls let me know about the dates Raleigh DO is open for FP?

Thanks,

Gee24

My Info:
--------
10/29/09: FP appointment (I am going to walk in Raleigh DO on 10/27 and try)

I am not sure about Mondays, but they open for FP on Tuesdays. I had mine done on a Tuesday.

Got my fp done__ walked in to raleigh do

Got my FP done in Raleigh DO.

Whole process took just 15 to 20 minutes.
security was done in 5 minutes.
I filled up the form in 5 minutes.
Finger printing process took just 5 minutes.
I walked out in less than 20 minutes.

Lucky day for me.
Thanks for the feed back on this forum.

Good luck to every one for speedy processing of their case.

Gee24

My Info:
--------
10/27/09: FP Done

I received an email notification from USCIS at 6:00am this morning that my case has been sent for a standard interview at the local DO. Also received text message (not sure what time I got it).

Good ... so it is moving and NOT stagnant

I received an email notification from USCIS at 6:00am this morning that my case has been sent for a standard interview at the local DO. Also received text message (not sure what time I got it).

Good Luck..

Gee24

NCNAT
Did you receive the actual IL? What is the date?

I have not received the IL yet. Hope to get it by Saturday.

Do not worry. My interview letter was stamped as sent on October 6, but I was waiting and waiting and finally decided to make an infopass appointment, but got the letter the same day, which was October 21.

Got the IL today. The interview date is Dec. 7 (Monday). The Yellow Letter (doc check list) is enclosed in the same envelope.

Looks like Raleigh DO has slowed down... I completed finger prints on 12th October and even after almost 6 weeks no change in status...

Is thereAnybody else in Raleigh DO with similar timelines???

Looks like Raleigh DO has slowed down... I completed finger prints on 12th October and even after almost 6 weeks no change in status...

Is thereAnybody else in Raleigh DO with similar timelines???

Per the feed back I got in this forum, UPDATES ARE NOT DONE PROMPTLY........ ONLINE status does not reflect the right status......

If I were U, I would call 800 # and check with them. Probably the IL is on the way....

These are just my suggestions.

Good Luck

Gee24

Last edited by a moderator: