Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Try checking with FBI

Thanks Gee.

Called up USCIS and opened a referral case. Not too optimistic if anything will happen tho...

Did you check with FBI to confirm whether the FP process was fully done without error and communicated back to USCIS.
Here is the fingerprint check phone number is 304-625-5590.

Good Luck for speedy processing.

Gee24

Same here-

Hi-

Same here; did the FP on 10/16 - nothing yet for me; wife received the Yellow (what a colour! you can't even read the full letter :) ) letter last week; but nothing else yet. Didn't bother much as I noticed there will be a delay if I-485 is processed in a different State which is the case for us. Looks like this DO is notorious for this.

Best!

Looks like calling the USCIS customer service worked. I immediately got response back from them via email that my case was pending with local DO. Today - 05-Dec status changed for our case to Scheduled for interview.

Thanks Gee.

I am glad it worked bud

Looks like calling the USCIS customer service worked. I immediately got response back from them via email that my case was pending with local DO. Today - 05-Dec status changed for our case to Scheduled for interview.

Thanks Gee.

I AM GLAD THAT IT WORKED...
GOOD LUCK TO GET THIS PROCESS OVER WITH SOON.

Gee24

I just came back from my interview and I passed. My oath date is Dec. 18 at 9:30am. Here is my experience:

My appointment time was 10:00. Got there at 9:40. Passed security and was assigned a number. By the time I went upstairs and sat down to wait, it was already 9:58. About 20 minutes past 10:00, my name was called by a mid-aged officer. He led me to his office and let me take oath to tell the truth.

Then it came the tests. I was handed a piece of paper and there were 3 sentences on it. I read all of them. Then he handed me another piece of paper and let me write "Washington is on the dollar bill". After that, he asked me 6 questions:
1. Which ocean is on the east side of US
2. What is freedom of religion
3. When was the constitution written
4. How many senators are there
5. When must all men register for the selective service
6. Name one state that borders Canada

Then he reviewed N400 line by line. At the end, he asked me to sign the N400 application at a couple of places and print my name at one place. I also signed the photos. I was told to wait outside for the oath letter. I waited for only 5 minutes. A nice office came out, called my name and handed me the oath letter for Dec. 18 oath. I left the building at 10:40.

I just came back from my interview and I passed. My oath date is Dec. 18 at 9:30am. Here is my experience:

My appointment time was 10:00. Got there at 9:40. Passed security and was assigned a number. By the time I went upstairs and sat down to wait, it was already 9:58. About 20 minutes past 10:00, my name was called by a mid-aged officer. He led me to his office and let me take oath to tell the truth.

Then it came the tests. I was handed a piece of paper and there were 3 sentences on it. I read all of them. Then he handed me another piece of paper and let me write "Washington is on the dollar bill". After that, he asked me 6 questions:
1. Which ocean is on the east side of US
2. What is freedom of religion
3. When was the constitution written
4. How many senators are there
5. When must all men register for the selective service
6. Name one state that borders Canada

Then he reviewed N400 line by line. At the end, he asked me to sign the N400 application at a couple of places and print my name at one place. I also signed the photos. I was told to wait outside for the oath letter. I waited for only 5 minutes. A nice office came out, called my name and handed me the oath letter for Dec. 18 oath. I left the building at 10:40.

Congrats. Happy for you.:)

Congratulations

i just came back from my interview and i passed. My oath date is dec. 18 at 9:30am. Here is my experience:

My appointment time was 10:00. Got there at 9:40. Passed security and was assigned a number. By the time i went upstairs and sat down to wait, it was already 9:58. About 20 minutes past 10:00, my name was called by a mid-aged officer. He led me to his office and let me take oath to tell the truth.

congratulations.... Wow... It was done in less than an hour.

Enjoy.

Gee24

congratulations.... Wow... It was done in less than an hour.

Enjoy.

Gee24

Thanks! There were 10 Interview Officers working at the same time. People were called in one by one at a decent pace. So the interview room never appeared packed. Everyone came our smiling and sitting down again to wait for the oath letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got IL for myself and wife. It is scheduled for 11th Jan 2010 at 8:40 AM for both of us. Couple of questions for people who have gone to Raleigh DO for their interviews -
1. How can we handle our 4 year old kid situation when both of us have same time for interview ? Do they accomodate that?
2. The letter contains bunch of documents required for interview (5 Years employment based GC). Do we really need SSA service registration clearance etc considering i was 30 when i got my GC?

Thanks

My suggestions

Got IL for myself and wife. It is scheduled for 11th Jan 2010 at 8:40 AM for both of us. Couple of questions for people who have gone to Raleigh DO for their interviews -
1. How can we handle our 4 year old kid situation when both of us have same time for interview ? Do they accomodate that?
2. The letter contains bunch of documents required for interview (5 Years employment based GC). Do we really need SSA service registration clearance etc considering i was 30 when i got my GC?

Thanks

Hi kailash:
similar question popped up in Charlotte DO board as well.
per the details gathered so far in another similar case:

(a) DO has no objection to let you bring your little one. They let you carry the child in.
(b) You and your wife will not have the interview at the same time... ........... when she is called, you can take care of the baby and vice versa.
(c) Alternatively, one of you could carry the baby along with you to the interviewing room... and they should not object to this as well.....per the feed back.
(d) Last (but not least), DO NOT BLOW THIS OUT OF PROPORTION BY SENDING A NOTE TO USICS.........just a suggestion............the interview date may get moved after a few weeks.... we never know.....
Every thing will be fine.....based on the details gathered.

Good luck.

gee24

Eventhough your ILs show the same time, chances are you won't get interviewed at exactly the same time since ILs are placed in a pile, and IOs take them in order they are placed in pile. If you happen to get called when either of you is still being interviewed, simply tell the IO that you have your child with you. The IO should be able to accommodate you by calling you back once your spouse's interview is done.

Thanks
You don't need SSA since it doesn't apply to you. You typically only need documents that apply to you.

Hi kailash:
similar question popped up in Charlotte DO board as well.
per the details gathered so far in another similar case:

(a) DO has no objection to let you bring your little one. They let you carry the child in.
(b) You and your wife will not have the interview at the same time... ........... when she is called, you can take care of the baby and vice versa.
(c) Alternatively, one of you could carry the baby along with you to the interviewing room... and they should not object to this as well.....per the feed back.
(d) Last (but not least), DO NOT BLOW THIS OUT OF PROPORTION BY SENDING A NOTE TO USICS.........just a suggestion............you will end up in getting another new date ......that may probably be too far ahead of your wife's........(this is exactly what happened in the case of another guy "speedy1027 in Charlotte DO threads... his interview got moved to another day..
(http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=180878&highlight=N400+&+Raleigh&page=28 ----- see his posting on Nov 21, 2009)

Every thing will be fine.....based on the details gathered.

Good luck.

gee24

Gee24,
Please do not quote me based on your assumptions:rolleyes:. I said in my post that my letter "probably" triggered the re-schedule of my interview. No where in the re-schedule letter it says that is in response to my letter. The letter states clearly that due to "unforseen circumstances" they are having to reschedule.
We all know that that USCIS is like a big black box. Its ways are strange. May be they did not have an interview slot for me on the 14th? May be the interviewing IO has plans to visit his grandma on that day exactly at my interview time!!? who knows? I probably would have gotten the re-schedule even if I did not write to them??

Thanks,
Speedy

Gee24,
Please do not quote me based on your assumptions:rolleyes:. I said in my post that my letter "probably" triggered the re-schedule of my interview. No where in the re-schedule letter it says that is in response to my letter. The letter states clearly that due to "unforseen circumstances" they are having to reschedule.
We all know that that USCIS is like a big black box. Its ways are strange. May be they did not have an interview slot for me on the 14th? May be the interviewing IO has plans to visit his grandma on that day exactly at my interview time!!? who knows? I probably would have gotten the re-schedule even if I did not write to them??

Thanks,
Speedy

Oops............I take that back Speedy..............you were so fast (like in WWW wrestling rings)....and punched me real hard....:D
I made suitable updates to my earlier posting.
Well.........now I know that the change in the dates in your case is NOT due to the reason I assumed.

Good luck for Speedy completion of your last leg too.

Gee24

Oops............I take that back Speedy..............you were so fast (like in WWW wrestling rings)....and punched me real hard....:D
I made suitable updates to my earlier posting.
Well.........now I know that the change in the dates in your case is NOT due to the reason I assumed.

Good luck for Speedy completion of your last leg too.

Gee24

Hey dude,
I am sorry .... My intention was not to punch you. Just wanted to correct the implicit impression in your advice to Kailash.

Your interview is coming up on Monday. Good luck to you.

Cheers,
Speedy

You r right

Hey dude,
I am sorry .... My intention was not to punch you. Just wanted to correct the implicit impression in your advice to Kailash.

Your interview is coming up on Monday. Good luck to you.

Cheers,
Speedy
U R Absolutely right.
16 out of my 32 teeth are gone in your punch (though unintentional punch).
I need the balance at least until the Oath day buddy.:D
Please don't punch me any more.

This is just for fun.......we need some fun too amidst our tight schedules.
Hope U understand..

Good luck to you as well.

gee24

U R Absolutely right.
16 out of my 32 teeth are gone in your punch (though unintentional punch).
I need the balance at least until the Oath day buddy.:D
Please don't punch me any more.

This is just for fun.......we need some fun too amidst our tight schedules.
Hope U understand..
Good luck to you as well.

gee24

Well, once you become a citizen, you perhaps can become eligible for medicare/medicaid or any such benefits to restore the teeth?:D

Cheers,
speedy

Well, once you become a citizen, you perhaps can become eligible for medicare/medicaid or any such benefits to restore the teeth?:D

Cheers,
speedy

Not that old yet to even think about it.

Have to wait for another 2 decades for Medicar /caid....whatever...
:D

Let me hope that this is not a question for my interview ?

God bless all of us.

Gee