Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

IO also told my wife to come separately to collect her IL.

My IO at Infopass let me reschedule my wife's oath date (although she wasn't present) to the same as mine after I told IO they don't make it convenient to schedule oaths on different dates for couples even though all other aspects of application were done at same time. The IO even printed out oath copy for both. I guess it depends on what IO you get.

have you started studying yet, Murals? :D
I haven't ...

Nope.. Still sunk in happieness about getting the IL.
Will start crash course soon :)

I have updated the excel file with my interview date and corrected Safferjoe's dates..

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that my user ID ends with "27" and my IV date is also "27" th :D
I should've picked a smaller/different number for the user ID, but wanted to pick my birth date :)

Nice photo fbanna79!!!!!! :):rolleyes: :p
If you can, please see if tomorrow there are kids at the ceremony, I want to show my 13 year old the Oath ceremony experience, I dont care about my little one (5, he was born here) :D

Nice photo fbanna79!!!!!! :):rolleyes: :p
If you can, please see if tomorrow there are kids at the ceremony, I want to show my 13 year old the Oath ceremony experience, I dont care about my little one (5, he was born here) :D

Your 13 year old one doesn't need to see the oath ceremony. He will be a US Citizen with you after your oath. :)

My wife was planning on taking my 2 year old one with here. But since she will be my only guest, we gave up as we did not want to take any chance. The baby will go to day care. I guess that as long as guests are OK, 13 year old will be OK. Plus tomorrow, my oath ceremony will be covered live by CNN Senior Correspondant Candy Crowley ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck fbanna..did you manage to pick up your suit from dry cleaner?:D
I'm surprised that no one here had their oath on September 29th.

Fbanna79: Woo woo woo!!!! dont forget to clean your shoes, they need to shine when you're walking by the red carpet. :) :)

About my 13 year old, I know that he will become a citizen by me, I will only apply for his passport and since he won't have a Oath Ceremony, I want him to know how it is and remember it forever

Bobsmyth: next monday I will appreciate so much if you wear a red suit so I can identify you, and don't forget to wear a yellow flower in your breast pocket;);):D:D

Bobsmyth: next monday I will appreciate so much if you wear a red suit so I can identify you, and don't forget to wear a yellow flower in your breast pocket;);):D:D

I was going to wear a black speedo, black socks and sandals to oath..but red suit sounds better.:D

It will be sucks to get a speeding ticket at the last minute. I will drive at exactly speeding limit tomorrow and I will avoid unecessary drives.

still no oath...

Hey everyone,

so I'm puzzled and disappointed to not have an oath letter yet. I was out of town for a week, so I hadn't checked my mailbox until Monday, and I had no oath letter. I called the national helpline, talked to an IO, who told me I hadn't been scheduled for a date yet and that I'm still in the oath queue. Is there any chance that the IO was wrong? It sounds like everyone else in my situation has an Oath Ceremony scheduled this week. I could use some advice!!!!

FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08
IL: 7/01/08
ID: 9/18/08