Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

MuralS, I still feel that your IL will come soon.
However, scheduling an Infopass will/should give you some more info in the meantime, and will surely give you some peace of mind...
So, I think you should just schedule one; it will make you feel better, as in you're doing something about this.
Good luck; we all think of you.
(fwiw: the date stamp on the envelope of my IL is 09/19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!!!!
Well I just called to USCIS, this morning the IO was a nice lady, she told me that mi Oath letter was mailed two days ago...... :D but she was not able to tell me the exact date!!!!! :confused: , well maybe arrive today, I hope so....

Hello!!!!
Well I just called to USCIS, this morning the IO was a nice lady, she told me that mi Oath letter was mailed two days ago...... :D but she was not able to tell me the exact date!!!!! :confused: , well maybe arrive today, I hope so....

Congrats! Try calling again later this afternoon if you don't get letter ..you'll get an IO who will be able to tell you the exact date :)

MuralS, I still feel that your IL will come soon.
However, scheduling an Infopass will/should give you some more info in the meantime, and will surely give you some peace of mind...
So, I think you should just schedule one; it will make you feel better, as in you're doing something about this.
Good luck; we all think of you.
(fwiw: the date stamp on the envelope of my IL is 09/19)

Thanks Washburn.. I have an infopass on Tuesday. Hopefully I will get to know some information.

Thanks Washburn.. I have an infopass on Tuesday. Hopefully I will get to know some information.

Sounds like a good plan. If your letter arrives in the meantime, then you can just cancel it. If not, keep us posted on what you learn from Infopass.

We're all in this together. Good luck, Murali! :)

Sounds like a good plan. If your letter arrives in the meantime, then you can just cancel it. If not, keep us posted on what you learn from Infopass.

We're all in this together. Good luck, Murali! :)

Thanks SafferJoe..
Tried to call CS and talk to an IO (I dont know when the 1-2-3 option will be taken off, scares the hell out of me when I do that). But I am not under oath :)

But got to talk to a jerk. He told me to call back after 9 MNTHS if I didnt hear from USCIS. I said THANK YOU!
And then they have the audacity to ask "is there anything I can help you with", felt like saying, "didnt help me with what i asked you in the first place".
Want to be done with these characters..

WooHoo!! Rescheduling letters arrived today! :D

New ID = 11/19/08 :cool:

Considering the folks who started after me and got rescheduled earlier confirms that they follow a haphazard process... :rolleyes:

If I had paid $675 for this lousy service, I would have been really mad! :mad:

Congratulations SafferJoe

Thanks SafferJoe..
Tried to call CS and talk to an IO (I dont know when the 1-2-3 option will be taken off, scares the hell out of me when I do that). But I am not under oath :)

But got to talk to a jerk. He told me to call back after 9 MNTHS if I didnt hear from USCIS. I said THANK YOU!
And then they have the audacity to ask "is there anything I can help you with", felt like saying, "didnt help me with what i asked you in the first place".

That's really disappointing. I hope you get your letter soon, so that you can minimize contact with them and retain your sanity. Just don't let them get you down. ;)

Thanks SafferJoe..

Sounds like you talked to CSR and not IO..did you tell him you didn't receive receipt number and it's been more than 30 days since you applied so that you get transferred to an IO?

Make sure to dust off any Tide powder that may be on your clothes..you wouldn't want security to have to interrogate you all over again :D

You are absolutely right.. I most definitely don't need that again!!!! :D

The OL says I have to be there promptly @ 2:30pm. So I am trying to get some work hours in. I have a 2 1/2 hour drive to Raliegh. What time do you guys think i should get there for?

You are absolutely right.. I most definitely don't need that again!!!! :D

The OL says I have to be there promptly @ 2:30pm. So I am trying to get some work hours in. I have a 2 1/2 hour drive to Raliegh. What time do you guys think i should get there for?

Get there 30 min before start of oath ..no need to appear too early.

Sounds like you talked to CSR and not IO..did you tell him you didn't receive receipt number and it's been more than 30 days since you applied so that you get transferred to an IO?

Yes. Told the CS lady that I dont have a receipt number and that need to speak to an IO. I too feel that the guy was second level CS.
Do they record the history of how many times you call them? I am really scared of the 1-2-3 option.

I just wanted to get the date of interview. Guess I have to wait till infopass or the IL in the mail box which ever is earlier.

Yes. Told the CS lady that I dont have a receipt number and that need to speak to an IO. I too feel that the guy was second level CS.
Do they record the history of how many times you call them? I am really scared of the 1-2-3 option.

I just wanted to get the date of interview. Guess I have to wait till infopass or the IL in the mail box which ever is earlier.

No they don't record the amount of times you called..In the past I've had to call multiple times in one day just to get the correct answer so don't worry about option 1-2-3. Try it again this afternoon to speak with another IO. Chances are they will be able to give you specific date.

No they don't record the amount of times you called..In the past I've had to call multiple times in one day just to get the correct answer so don't worry about option 1-2-3. Try it again this afternoon to speak with another IO. Chances are they will be able to give you specific date.

Thanks Bob..

That just reminded me of those paranoia-filled posts from a couple of months ago, saying that USCIS will track how many times an applicant calls and will initiate "additional name checks" if a person calls too many times. :rolleyes:

That just reminded me of those paranoia-filled posts from a couple of months ago, saying that USCIS will track how many times an applicant calls and will initiate "additional name checks" if a person calls too many times. :rolleyes:

Wow.. Thank god I didnt think that far.

Some people believe everything they see in Hollywood movies ;)

Thanks, njman. Wow, I can't believe your timeline!

The timelines have improved a lot, I see 3 months even 2 1/2 months of late. Happy that the backlog due to 2007 surge is clearing and lots of people are getting ILs and OLs. Good luck.