Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Next week we have interviews at Durham DO for safferjoe(8/27), myself(8/28) , and fbanna(8/29). Hopefully we'll hear some good news about the Sept 5th ceremony.

After a lengthy wait, you're almost there! I sincerely hope that your IO will be as cool as the one who interviewed me.

Not only I am excited about my interview, but also i am glad that Bobsmyth is having his too.
Bobsmyth, do you want to uncover your face at the September 5 oath if we are all lucky enough to be approved and scheduled for this oath?

Good luck to fbanna, bobsmyth and safferjoe. I am sure, you all will get through the interview without any hassles. Lets hope we will get through this entire process on September 5th. I am still waiting for Oath Letter. Planning to drop in at Durham tomorrow morning for walk-in appointment to check on the status.

Bobsmyth, do you want to uncover your face at the September 5 oath if we are all lucky enough to be approved and scheduled for this oath?

The shroud of Bobsmyth will be unveiled on stage at the Sept 5th ceremony..provided it ends up being my oath date.:)

Good luck to fbanna, bobsmyth and safferjoe. I am sure, you all will get through the interview without any hassles. Lets hope we will get through this entire process on September 5th. I am still waiting for Oath Letter. Planning to drop in at Durham tomorrow morning for walk-in appointment to check on the status.

Thanks, While you're there, can you also ask them if they know if the ceremony if full and if they have any more planned upcoming oaths at the convention center?

After a lengthy wait, you're almost there! I sincerely hope that your IO will be as cool as the one who interviewed me.

Yes, I hope so as well..also hoping to be included on the oath ceremony the week after interview. I wonder if they give priority to oaths for those with older PDs.

Yes, I hope so as well..also hoping to be included on the oath ceremony the week after interview. I wonder if they give priority to oaths for those with older PDs.

I have a feeling that oaths are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. However, if this is going to be a large oath ceremony, there's a chance for you to make it. Speaking of oaths, I did a bit of googling on the location for my oath, and it seems that oath ceremonies in Brooklyn usually have about 100 new citizens being sworn in. This bit of news certainly raises my hopes that it won't be one of those 4 hour debacles!

good luck everyone....for those of you interviewing next week, it would be great if you could ask how frequently the new Raleigh DO is scheduling oaths. the suspension of the Sept 5th oath ceremony is killing me! and it's not even one that I have to worry about personally (my interview is Sept 18th)

Thanks, sb! I've been traveling a bit this month so haven't been as active on this forum as I'd like. I was just lucky my interview fell on a day when I was at home. Getting a wee bit nervous, I must confess... :eek:

I'm with you guys who interviewed and were approved in June and July and are now waiting for the oath letter. I wonder if they're checking everything five times given that September 5th will be the largest ever oath ceremony in these parts! Can't wait to see what you find out tomorrow and - as usual - I can't wait to get my mail and find that elusive invitation!

waiting for oath

Same here like many of you. I also completed the interview in June at Durham DO, and still waiting for the oath letter !

Fingers crossed - hoping that we will all be part of the Sept 5th oath ceremony.

Meeting with IO on Oath Ceremony

I had just been to the Durham office and had walk-in interview with IO. She was very cooperative and friendly. Here is the information that I have received from the IO.
- Till date there were no oath ceremonies at Durham.
- There are 3 oath ceremonies planned in the near future. First one is in the first week of September (We all know about it,should be September 5th), the second one is in the middle of September and Third one is in the beginning of October.
- The oath letters will be sent 2 weeks prior to the interview.
- She did not answer my query on whether oath letter has been sent to me.
- There are many interviews conducted and many people are waiting for the oath ceremony and thats the reason for 3 oath ceremonies. So if oath letter is not soon, then possibility of September 1st week oath is remote.
- I also asked her on what basis the people will be selected for the Oath (PD, ID etc.) but she didnt have any answer for that.

Well, with this, its clear, those who wont get oath letters by end of this week or early next week, will have to wait little longer.

I had just been to the Durham office and had walk-in interview with IO. She was very cooperative and friendly. Here is the information that I have received from the IO.
- There are 3 oath ceremonies planned in the near future. First one is in the first week of September (We all know about it,should be September 5th), the second one is in the middle of September and Third one is in the beginning of October.
- There are many interviews conducted and many people are waiting for the oath ceremony and thats the reason for 3 oath ceremonies. So if oath letter is not soon, then possibility of September 1st week oath is remote.
- I also asked her on what basis the people will be selected for the Oath (PD, ID etc.) but she didnt have any answer for that.

Well, with this, its clear, those who wont get oath letters by end of this week or early next week, will have to wait little longer.

I am already disapointed. It means those who will be interviewing next week have little to no chance of getting into the september 5, 2008 oath. I am pretty sure they have already interviewed more than 1000 people since June, and they will probably schedule the first 1000 for september 5. Hopefully, we will get the 2nd or third oath ceremony.

I am already disapointed. It means those who will be interviewing next week have little to no chance of getting into the september 5, 2008 oath. I am pretty sure they have already interviewed more than 1000 people since June, and they will probably schedule the first 1000 for september 5. Hopefully, we will get the 2nd or third oath ceremony.

It's beginning to look that way, isn't it... :cool:

Thanks sbagade800 for your update.
Hopefully there's a remote chance that they will offer Sept 5th oath for those with oldest PD. They would have to balance offering oaths between those with recent PD who already had interview in June-July, and those with older PD (and no name check delay) who have/had interview scheduled in August.(safferjoe and myself for example).

I wonder if all future oaths are scheduled at the convention center as well.

Thanks sbagade800 for your update.
Hopefully there's a remote chance that they will offer Sept 5th oath for those with oldest PD. They would have to balance offering oaths between those with recent PD who already had interview in June-July, and those with older PD (and no name check delay) who have/had interview scheduled in August.(safferjoe and myself for example).

I wonder if all future oaths are scheduled at the convention center as well.

Bob, there may be a remote chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll really be mad if we miss the election, though! :mad:

sbagade800,

Thanks so much for taking the time and showing the patience, then letting us have some good information. Well, it's "good" in that it came directly from someone who is "in the know". If she said two weeks before the oath date, then those of us with our fingers and toes crossed should see something by Monday - at the latest. Nothing by then and I guess we're waiting for at least a few more weeks.

Bob, there may be a remote chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll really be mad if we miss the election, though! :mad:

Well, can we sue USCIS if we miss the vote just because we did not take oath on time? :mad: I have the intention to initiate such an action if I miss the vote just because of the oath ceremony. :mad::mad:

Lat day to register for vote is 10/11, so they still have some room. :confused: