Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

WTF are they doing? This is worse than me and the bunch getting ILs and descheduling letter one day after! So close to the IV is probably a lot harder to digest.
SafferJoe, I'm really sorry to hear this; it seems having any type of hope is dangerous with this procedure; but then it's difficult not to hope; I REALLY hope you'll get another IL soon...at least try to take comfort in the fact that other, more time consuming and uncertain processes such as NC is done.
Best of luck.

I wonder if staff from Durham was sent to Charlotte after the latest increase in processing times since Charlotte now has longest posted processing times.[/QUOh my God. I am not going to open my mailbox until the 29th.

Is Durham DO closing ? What the f*ck is this descheduling thing? I already went through a descheduling in June and I wish they will understand they have played enough with my nerve.

What did the letter say ?

It's titled "Interview Descheduled by USELESS (um... USCIS)"

Here's the actual message:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 11:00 AM for the above applicant. We regret inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice."

I think this has something to do with the next elections. Someone may be trying to prevent us from voting. It all started from the June 2007 fee increase.

Do you guys want to join me writing to Senators, First lady Laura Bush, Obama and McCain campains, the Democratic and the Republican party, the media (CNN, Fox MBC).

Your response to them should be:

This is to advise you that, due to already making arrangements with work and my wife, I am going to show up for the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 11:00 AM. I don't regret to inform you of your incompetence.

I will advise you of any further legal action I intend to take on you , including compensation for lost time and mental suffering under a separate notice."

WTF are they doing? This is worse than me and the bunch getting ILs and descheduling letter one day after! So close to the IV is probably a lot harder to digest.
SafferJoe, I'm really sorry to hear this; it seems having any type of hope is dangerous with this procedure; but then it's difficult not to hope; I REALLY hope you'll get another IL soon...at least try to take comfort in the fact that other, more time consuming and uncertain processes such as NC is done.
Best of luck.

Thanks, Washburn. This is a really great forum. I already feel better after reading the responses of encouragement and support. We're all in this together! :):):)

This is to advise you that, due to already making arrangements with work and my wife, I am going to show up for the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 11:00 AM. I don't regret to inform you of your incompetence.

I will advise you of any further legal action I intend to take on you , including compensation for lost time and mental suffering under a separate notice."

Nice one, Bob! :D:D:D A bit of humour at times like this goes a long way!

I think this has something to do with the next elections. Someone may be trying to prevent us from voting. It all started from the June 2007 fee increase.

Do you guys want to join me writing to Senators, First lady Laura Bush, Obama and McCain campains, the Democratic and the Republican party, the media (CNN, Fox MBC).

I was really hoping to vote! I'll be happy to join you, fbanna. But you haven't received a descheduling letter yet, and who knows, you might just be lucky! ;)

I was really hoping to vote! I'll be happy to join you, fbanna. But you haven't received a descheduling letter yet, and who knows, you might just be lucky! ;)

i rather tell myself that I will receive one and end up not receiving one than peparing and getting a deschedule notice next week.

I think North Carolina (Charlotte and Raleigh) immigration centers are finally a MESS. What is going on ? Charlotte has been the slowest in the nation so far (14.5 months processing time) and durham is now beating the descheduling record.

LOL! Brilliant !

If I don't get another IL in some decent time, I'll seriously consider this.

fbanna, considering they already rescheduled you a first time, if they cancel your interview for next week it would only confirm what we already know: that USCIS is the most backward working agency that only reacts when something is broken.

fbanna, considering they already rescheduled you a first time, if they cancel your interview for next week it would only confirm what we already know: that USCIS is the most backward working agency that only reacts when something is broken.

I have overstudied the 96 questions, so that my caught me murmuring them in my dreams. I don't know how long i can hold my nerves.

A friend who had her GC interview last month at Durham told me that the IO told her the office is severely short staffed. So it makes sense now they why they are canceling all interviews. It still doesn't explain wtf they have been doing to hire people since they opened in April.

My interview was mid-afternoon (2:40) on July 10th. As we walked to her office, I asked my IO if they were especially busy as everyone seemed a bit harried (nice way of saying it). She replied, with no humor, that they were understaffed and had people out sick. I guess I was lucky that they didn't just send us all home that afternoon.

My PD is 6/11/07. TSC, originally assigned to Charlotte. My assumption is that my interview would have been a bit earlier but they held it (along with others) in the queue for Durham's opening. It seems it might have been better for all of us if they had kept all the cases in Charlotte, at least until they had Durham fully operational.