Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Durham doesn't have any processing times listed yet, but USCIS is referring to Charlotte processing times in the mean time. Anyways, I wouldn't go by posted processing times since they are a waste of time.

Hello all,
We also got the IL (Notice date Aug 4th) and cancellation notice (notice date aug 5th) from Durham office. Interview date Oct 17th 8.40 am.
Wonder when we will hear back from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your answer. currently, what month do you think Charlotte reached?

Charlotte says July 14 2007 right now. I don't know where those dates come from or how they're updated, but some cases get processed earlier and some later, so there's really no telling.

Hello all,
We also got the IL (Notice date Aug 4th) and cancellation notice (notice date aug 5th) from Durham office. Interview date Oct 17th 8.40 am.
Wonder when we will hear back from them.

you must be #8. :) within the last 2 weeks.
same period of time, same DO.

I'm starting to think a bunch of loose monkeys ran over the keyboards sometime last week.

Ok. There is a real issue about these letters. Do you guys leave in or around Durham ? Please, let us knoww if your zip code falls within Charlotte DO area. I am thinking may be some Charlotte files were sent to Durham by mistake ... Just guessing.

I work (literally) just down the street (Old Page Road) from the Durham DO. If I thought it would do any good, I'd take a walk over there one lunchtime, but you can't get in the door without a letter or an InfoPass. Too bad. My guess goes with you, FBanna, because sending the wrong files would be so easy to do given the volumes Charlotte was dealing with and the fact that Durham is new and they split the state's caseload between the two offices. There's no way that could have gone flawlessly! So we now have 6-8 people - just on this board - I wonder how many others who haven't found us yet are having the same amount of fun?!

my zip is not around Charlotte; when I submitted my N400 the Durham DO did not exist, so my DO was Charlotte then.
my DO now, is Durham according to USCIS when I look online. I live like 40 min away from Durham, in NC. my IL was also for Durham.

Durham DO canceled whole bunch of interviews between mid October and first week of November with no explanation.

I am sorry for interrupting the discussion about interview letters. I have a different question. As I understand, both Durham and Chapel Hill belong to the same DO. If I had been living in Durham for 10 months then moved to Chapel Hill and 1 month later sent N-400 I am still considered to be in the same district and, consequently, meet 3 month same district residency requirement. Correct? I actually addressed that question a month ago (plus I talked to my attorney) and the answers were positive. However, one of my colleagues has recently told me that since I did not live at the same address for 3 months it might be an issue (but he is not 100% sure). This statement makes me nervous again. Do I understand correctly that it should be 3 months in the same district bot necessarily 3 months at the same address?
Thank you.

You're fine since you're still at the same DO. Delays occur when you move between different DO or SC.
Thank you.
I could have applied before moving to my current location but I decided to move first and then apply in 1 month. In this case I did not need to deal with address change (I only sent AR-11). When they see that I moved 1 month before applying, will they check the previous address to make sure I was in the same district?

We live in Wake Forest, like 30 miles from the field office.
Like washburn, we had our FP done in Charlotte and now we got the IL from Durham.
I dont think there is a problem with wrong files being sent to the wrong field office.
But certainly would like to know what is going on.

I'm guessing either some batch process went haywire and overbooked interview spots or there was some internal USCIS miscommunication that caused the cancellations. I can't see how all these recent cancellations are due to files not arriving at DO being sent out for interviews 2 months away.

I just hope they can reschedule us faster. We shouldnt be penalised for applying earlier to Charlotte office and be delayed. Our cases should actually be processed per PD. :-(

I created an account to receive an update for my case. I used to check my case status online WITHOUT an account always gets an error message. After I signed into my account I added my case, it shows last update as of Aug, 14 but when I try to click on the case # to see the message, I got the following error message

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Any idea

No Oath letter yet

Just update from my end. Though the interview is done on June 17th and there is a news floating around about September 5th Oath Ceremony, so far there is no Oath letter in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep all of you posted if I receive something. Good luck to those who will be going for interview soon!
Should be getting it soon if included in the sep 5th ceremony... so hope I am included in that.