Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

....thanks, Vorpal.
hmmm....tempting....:cool:

what makes me think that this is not something to do with file transfer is: that the letters were dated 8/4 and 8/5...I mean there was not enough time in between the 2 letters for them to see that the file wasn't (going to be) transferred...I mean, the IV appt was for Oct 24th !!! surely they would have waited a bit before deciding that the file wasn't gonna be there on time... does that make sense? most other people had 2-3 or even more weeks between the IL and the cancellation letters...
in other words: they got the deschedule/cancel letter very close to the scheduled IV date, and after some time from the IL letter !
in a way I'm not complaining, as that is harder to bear just when you think you're going to the IV !

I wonder how long before the IV appt the other guy you speak of ot his deschedule letter....(who went to the IV anyway)

any ideas why the letters were 1 day apart in our cases? this back to back dates make me think it's more of a scheduling/staff shortage problem...
mine was 24th oct, Rajesh (who posted in this thread) Oct 20th, and someone else (forgot user name) Nov 3rd...pretty close to each other....

Last edited by a moderator:
....thanks, Vorpal.
hmmm....tempting....:cool:

what makes me think that this is not something to do with file transfer is: that the letters were dated 8/4 and 8/5...I mean there was not enough time in between the 2 letters for them to see that the file wasn't (going to be) transferred...I mean, the IV appt was for Oct 24th !!! surely they would have waited a bit before deciding that the file wasn't gonna be there on time... does that make sense? most other people had 2-3 or even more weeks between the IL and the cancellation letters...
in other words: they got the deschedule/cancel letter very close to the scheduled IV date, and after some time from the IL letter !
in a way I'm not complaining, as that is harder to bear just when you think you're going to the IV !

I wonder how long before the IV appt the other guy you speak of ot his deschedule letter....(who went to the IV anyway)

any ideas why the letters were 1 day apart in our cases? this back to back dates make me think it's more of a scheduling/staff shortage problem...
mine was 24th oct, Rajesh (who posted in this thread) Oct 20th, and someone else (forgot user name) Nov 3rd...pretty close to each other....

I am in the same boat with same dates. Letters sent me on 8/4 and 8/5 with same thing and originally interview was scheduled on 10/24. Confused what to do? I called to customer service and they informed me to contact Durham office through Infopass......Does anyone has any update?

ha! more people within the same period...mysterious !!!

you never got through to an IO? just spoke to a CS rep, right?
I might try soon to call and request an IO on the phone...
otherwise, i'm gonna do an infopass if I don't hear anything in 4-6 weeks.

Does this have something to do with the next elections? I am wondering whether they are trying to schedule your interviews early enough to allow you to vote.

May be a good sign.

:) I thought of that briefly, too, but didn't voice myself:
....I'm so scared to get my hopes up all the time...i guess I will "lay low" and try not to expect too much...
after all, it's only been about 6 months since I applied...not late enough for any interventions anyway, I think...

I tried to wait for the oath but nothing. I am about to move to NYC so I guess I will be dalayed in swearing in. No voting for me this election....

Hello again,
I too got back to back letters. last friday 8/8 I got an interview notice for Nov 3. and on saturday 8/9 another letter "de-scheduling" the interview due to "unforseen" circumstances. If I check my status online I get an error message so I have no clue what might be going on. I live in RAL as well. Hopefully as someone pointed out they will re-schedule us for an earlier date so we can vote (doubt it). Well at least it's good to know I wasn't the only one. Cheers!

welcome; you're member# 6 who had this happen in the last week: same time period of interview schedule, same D

Another newbie here with (so far) better luck with the new Durham DO. I interviewed July 10th - I got two interview letters for the same date and time, so they let me keep one. No explanation and I didn't ask for one. I waited fifteen minutes past my appointed time and my whole interview process was over in less than fifteen minutes. They were short-staffed that day but they didn't turn anyone away.

How can they have "unforeseen circumstances" for interviews that are scheduled two and three months out?!

My IO told me that my oath ceremony would be in September. So far no invitation, but the September 5th date and location sound good to me. I'll let you know if and when I receive my letter.

TSC/Charlotte, now Durham DO
Sent N-400 6/6/07
Priority date 6/11/07
NOA 6/22/07
FP notice 6/25/07
FP (Charlotte) 7/17/07
Then the interminable wait began.....
IL 5/6/08
ID 7/10/08
Oath letter???

Very strange. Anyone game for Infopass to find out why the were canceled?

I'll do it. in about 4-6 weeks though...
how much time in advance do you think I should try to schedule an appt? meaning, if i want it to be in 6 weeks, when do you think I should go online and do it? or can I do it already and select the time/date I want it to be??

I'll do it. in about 4-6 weeks though...
how much time in advance do you think I should try to schedule an appt? meaning, if i want it to be in 6 weeks, when do you think I should go online and do it? or can I do it already and select the time/date I want it to be??

Just schedule an Infopass now for a few weeks in advance..you can always cancel if you get a reply before then.

Thanks, Bobsmyth; will get right on it;
I'm ready to be the guinea pig then, unless someone does it before me ;) 'cause like I said, I want to wait 4-6 weeks..

Hopefully they can give you an answer as to why the interview was canceled and don't use the "USCIS cannot divulge that information" line as some posters have reported in the past.