Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Folks,

Do all of you know if your name checks have been approved or not already? I'm feeling a little antsy about the fact that I haven't heard anything since fingerprinting in the middle of January.

Joseph

--
TSC/Charlotte or Raleigh
N-400 Received 7/27/07
Priority Date 7/30/07 (although NOA shows 7/27)
Check cashed - NA (Sent draft)
NOA 12/10/2007
FP Date 12/29/07 (missed this but did a successful walk-in on 1/15)

I haven't seen any IL for Charlotte DO applicants lately except for military based applicants. I've called USCIS several times and was told that I'm in line for interview. With RTP DO officially opening 4/28 perhaps we'll start seeing more movement.

I have received my fingerprint appointment today. I live in Raleigh, but my fingrprint will be in Charlotte for the 25th of May. I assume that they have not yet started scheduling people for Durham DO for fingerprinting.

You meant 25 of April, not May right?
The RTP DO officially opens April 28, according to knp.

I had my fingerprint done today. It was a smooth and straightforward process. Cant wait for the interview.

1. Application Sent 03/28/2008
2. Application Received 04/01/2008
3. Check Cashed 04/03/2008
4. NOA Received 04/12/2008
5. Notification Fingerprint Received 04/17/2008
6. Fingerprints Scheduled DONE 04/25/2008

By the way, I passed by the new Durham IO. They had microphone and chairs outside which implies that they had the opening ceremony. I asked and was confirmed that several soldiers were sworn in as US Citizens for the occasion. Looks like things are now starting in Durham.
Good luck to all of us.

I had my fingerprint done today. It was a smooth and straightforward process. Cant wait for the interview.

1. Application Sent 03/28/2008
2. Application Received 04/01/2008
3. Check Cashed 04/03/2008
4. NOA Received 04/12/2008
5. Notification Fingerprint Received 04/17/2008
6. Fingerprints Scheduled DONE 04/25/2008

By the way, I passed by the new Durham IO. They had microphone and chairs outside which implies that they had the opening ceremony. I asked and was confirmed that several soldiers were sworn in as US Citizens for the occasion. Looks like things are now starting in Durham.
Good luck to all of us.

Thanks for sharing fbanna..too bad you had to drive all the way to Charlotte for FPs with the new center in RTP opening offically on Monday.
WRAL mentioned this morning that the opening ceremony would be at 11:00am..I'm guessing they had the soldier swear to coincide with the state's biggest military parade in downtown Raleigh tomorrow.

from that article:

"...The Charlotte office has ranked No. 1 in the nation for the number of applicants it sees who had to drive at least 100 miles..."

hopefully this will speed things up for us in NC.

Let's see how long it will take them to add the new DO on their website. Currently they only have it listed as an ASC.

Has ayone aware of any interview or fingerprint done at the Raleigh Durham DO ? I am surprise that it is impossible to schedule Infopass. They should have started today.

Friends,

And any idea about how much diff we expect in appl volume reduction to charlotte thru this new DO in Raleigh-Durham?
Thanx..

Has ayone aware of any interview or fingerprint done at the Raleigh Durham DO ? I am surprise that it is impossible to schedule Infopass. They should have started today.

My guess is that they haven't yet updated website yet to reflect the new office as a field office..perhaps they are waiting to get all the staff fully trained?

Friends,

And any idea about how much diff we expect in appl volume reduction to charlotte thru this new DO in Raleigh-Durham?
Thanx..

Considering that staff volume at RTP is about the same as Charlotte, you'd expect that close to half the volume will go to RTP..however, it remains to be seen how they will split the existing workload.

It's 4-5 miles from my home in Morrisville. My N-400 case is pending on background (name) check for over TWO years in Charlotte (so I am kind of a Dinosaur here) . Can we make infopass appointments? Here is my details:

1. Application Received Date 12/12/2005
2. Application Priority Date 12/12/2005
3. Fingerprints Done 02/09/2006
4. Naturalization Interview Notice Date 04/06/2006
5. Naturalization Interview Date 05/12/2006
6. Naturalization Interview Descheduled 04/25/2006 due to background investigation

My wife applied at the same time and her interview went ahead as scheduled. She has a US passport for over a year and a half, and I am still waiting although I sponsored her for the GC. I inquired a couple of times and the responses are:

## ..your case is not yet ready for a decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open..
## ..we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time..

I sent a FIOPA request to FBI and they stated something like that no match was found for the main record. Don't know what to do next..

I called USCIS today for my case. The cstomer service rep told me that there is no field office in Durham, but an application support center. That is confusing information. Do we really have a FO or just an ASC? I think it is pretty strange that they were officially opened on 4/25, but still do not appear as field office online. Anyway, lets wait for a couple of weeks to see what happens.

I called USCIS today for my case. The cstomer service rep told me that there is no field office in Durham, but an application support center. That is confusing information. Do we really have a FO or just an ASC? I think it is pretty strange that they were officially opened on 4/25, but still do not appear as field office online. Anyway, lets wait for a couple of weeks to see what happens.

It's a DO with a ASC on premise. They should be accepting interviews anytime in May as they held an official oath on 4/25 for the military.

Talked to IO about my case

I called customer service today, used the "my case's PD is several months before the posted processing time" trick to trigger the agent to offer to open a service request for which I said "can you please transfer me instead like they did last time". The agent again said she could open a service request based on the info I provided to get me the answer I need. I then told her it would be faster to get the answer I want if she would transfered my call to someone else in customer service. After going back and forth with her, she finally gave in, put me on hold and then transfered me to an IO who told me my case is still in queue. This has been a fail safe method so far for me to speak with an IO everytime I call.

I called customer service today, used the "my case's PD is several months before the posted processing time" trick to trigger the agent to offer to open a service request for which I said "can you please transfer me instead like they did last time". The agent again said she could open a service request based on the info I provided to get me the answer I need. I then told her it would be faster to get the answer I want if she would transfered my call to someone else in customer service. After going back and forth with her, she finally gave in, put me on hold and then transfered me to an IO who told me my case is still in queue. This has been a fail safe method so far for me to speak with an IO everytime I call.

It appears that the receipt number trick alone doesn't do the job any more. If you remember, last Friday I had to call 4 times just to get through to an IO. One of those times, I gave the CSR a March 2007 PD, and she STILL refused to transfer me to an IO. She said that she can open a service inquiry and that her system says that my call doesn't warrant a transfer to an IO. They are making it more and more difficult!