Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

It appears that the receipt number trick alone doesn't do the job any more. If you remember, last Friday I had to call 4 times just to get through to an IO. One of those times, I gave the CSR a March 2007 PD, and she STILL refused to transfer me to an IO. She said that she can open a service inquiry and that her system says that my call doesn't warrant a transfer to an IO. They are making it more and more difficult!

Try saying that you applied for Naturalization over 2 months ago and have not received your NOA - they will automatically transfer you to an IO.

Try saying that you applied for Naturalization over 2 months ago and have not received your NOA - they will automatically transfer you to an IO.

That seems like a great trick! I'll try it next time I call, which will probably be tomorrow. I've been trying to limit my calls to about once a week.

I just tried that and it works much faster. I'll use that from now on. Thanks Lolali !!

When you guys call and get transferred to the next level. What do you say?
I mean if you get escalated it should be a problem right?
So when you get escalated and just ask generic questions , do they ever get mad or say anything out of the way like this is not an emergency.....blah blah ....blah....:confused:

So when you get escalated and just ask generic questions , do they ever get mad or say anything out of the way like this is not an emergency.....blah blah ....blah....:confused:

When I get transfered to next level of support, it is an IO. I then inform them IO that I would like an update on my case and they are always willing to provide it.The IO then asks if there's anything else they can answer and tells me not to hesitate to call back.

Not only are most IOs very friendly and helpful, but they always conclude the conversation with "don't hesitate to call back if you have any questions".

I just ran a test.. on the CSR difference in service from the Military side to the Civilian side.

I must applaud you all for your tolerance for this situation. If I had to deal with that level of service everytime I needed information, I do beleive I would probably commit myself. :(

The IO I spoke with was not at all friendly and told me absolutly nothing.....Some vague comment like Recieved on the 17th of March you should recieve an interview letter in 3-6 months.... I thought to myself... Did'nt I read that somewhere before....:confused::confused::confused::(

I just ran a test.. on the CSR difference in service from the Military side to the Civilian side.

I must applaud you all for your tolerance for this situation. If I had to deal with that level of service everytime I needed information, I do beleive I would probably commit myself. :(

The IO I spoke with was not at all friendly and told me absolutly nothing.....Some vague comment like Recieved on the 17th of March you should recieve an interview letter in 3-6 months.... I thought to myself... Did'nt I read that somewhere before....:confused::confused::confused::(

Oh, the fact that USCIS civilian customer service is utter crap (and I'm being very generous by even using that term) is no secret. This is why we need to constantly make up different tricks to get past the service reps and speak to an actual IO.

Unbilievable. I have received my interview notice for June 19th in Durham. I am very excited......

1. Application Sent 03/28/2008
2. Application Received 04/01/2008
3. Check Cashed 04/03/2008
4. NOA Received 04/12/2008
5. Notification Fingerprint Received 04/17/2008
6. Fingerprints Scheduled 04/25/2008
7. Fingerprints Cleared 04/25/2008
8. Notice Interview Received 05/05/2008
9. Interview Date 06/19/2008 (07: 45 AM Durham)
10.Oath May be same day

Last edited by a moderator:

and they don't ask you for your A number, SS# or anything like that? or your name?
because they can look up the info with those and tell you like "you had your fingerprints done already; how can you not have received your NOA?" or something like that...

This is really good news. We expect much progress in charlotte now, I beleive.
And still not seeing Durham as DO on USCIS website. Thanx..

very nice. congrats! :)
did your case status disappear online anytime? it did with some people.

Case number thing doesn't work. Mine is still saying
"On April 1, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Raleigh-Durham appears now as a DO in USCIS system, but still does not accept Infopass yet. It will be possible very soon.

I emailed the TSC Director today and got confirmation from his staff that the zip code tables were updated on April 26th to ensure that cases are being redirected to the new Raleigh District office. I'am awaiting to hear if that change was retroactive to determine if it also affects cases previously pending with the Charlotte office that now fall under the Raleigh office.

I emailed the TSC Director today and got confirmation from his staff that the zip code tables were updated on April 26th to ensure that cases are being redirected to the new Raleigh District office. I'am awaiting to hear if that change was retroactive to determine if it also affects cases previously pending with the Charlotte office that now fall under the Raleigh office.

Thank you bobsmyth. You are a very diligent person. I had thought of writting to USCIS myself.

I got confirmation from USCIS staff that they don't think that the change was retroactive since only 126 cases have been transfered to Raleigh since April 26th. I have a telephone conference planned tomorrow with the USCIS contact to discuss the issue further as I wanted to know why they don't make this change retroactive in order to ensure that older cases are adjudicated in a timely manner.