Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Thx, Bobsmyth.
I have lately digressed into a state where I've become sorta numb, and have lost a bit of hope....
hence I haven't been very active here lately...
I often have a bad feeling (unfounded) that I'm not very lucky in my N-400 or bad things will happen, etc... (although all my other applications so far went smooth)...I guess I'm just discouraged right now...I can only wait, and see, anyway.

I think the members here are lucky to have someone like you on this forum; you really do help us all a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Thx.
So does this mean that for someone who applies from this area at this moment/from now on is handled by the Raleigh/durham DO,
OR:
will my N-400 (and of others who're from this area) which are already in process be "transferred" to Raleigh DO, and handled there from now on?

I guessed that for your case, you are either stuck in namecheck or your case was already sent to Charlotte DO before Raleigh started receiving cases. Call USCIS to find out about your status.

I guessed that for your case, you are either stuck in namecheck or your case was already sent to Charlotte DO before Raleigh started receiving cases. Call USCIS to find out about your status.

The case would have been associated with Charlotte anyways since it was filed before Raleigh opened. As Raleigh DO opened at the end of April, cases are slowly being reassigned to the Raleigh DO (provided applicant is serviced by Raleigh Do).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx, Bobsmyth.
I have lately digressed into a state where I've become sorta numb, and have lost a bit of hope....
hence I haven't been very active here lately...
I often have a bad feeling (unfounded) that I'm not very lucky in my N-400 or bad things will happen, etc... (although all my other applications so far went smooth)...I guess I'm just discouraged right now...I can only wait, and see, anyway.

I think the members here are lucky to have someone like you on this forum; you really do help us all a lot.

Don't worry washburn1..before you know it you will receive your IL for Raleigh DO.:)

FYI: I made Infopass and went to Durham DO today to verify if the do same day oaths. The lady I spoke with told me she was from New york and she does not know exact dates for oaths. She said (she was not sure) they have oaths every Friday or every other Friday. Looking at my appointment date, she told me that they may shhedule me for the July 4th oath.

At least, I have confirmation that there is no same day oaths in Durham. .

I hope this helps.

FYI: I made Infopass and went to Durham DO today to verify if the do same day oaths. The lady I spoke with told me she was from New york and she does not know exact dates for oaths. She said (she was not sure) they have oaths every Friday or every other Friday. Looking at my appointment date, she told me that they may shhedule me for the July 4th oath.

At least, I have confirmation that there is no same day oaths in Durham. .

I hope this helps.

That's good to know. Thanks fbanna79.
On another note, I noticed that the online Infopass tool is finally allowing appointments for Raleigh after being unavailable for the last 2 weeks.

That's good to know. Thanks fbanna79.
On another note, I noticed that the online Infopass tool is finally allowing appointments for Raleigh after being unavailable for the last 2 weeks.

Yes for example, I made my appointment around 11:30 PM for 12:30 the same day. I have seen around a dozen people who were there for fingerprints. I was the only Infopass for 12:30, proof that the Durham DO is not slamed.

I just called USCIS and spoke to an IO who for the first time told me that my name check hasn't been cleared yet. When I told him that they previously told me I'm in queue for an interview he told me that you can be in the queue for an interview with a pending name check.
Confused (as I was previously told several times that I'm in queue for an interview, and that all checks have been cleared) I called back a few minutes later, talked to another IO who told me that I am in queue for an interview, confirmed that my name check has cleared, but that they are still awaiting either FP or security background check or both from FBI.

So, this is all news to me as their story changes a little everytime I call them. I'm planning to go to Infopass at local DO to see what answer they give me.

This is very confusing. What are all those steps? I thought it was all about fingerprints and name check. What is background check ? So is there three things that FBI has to check ?

Bobsmyth, did you call FBI to see if your fingerprints has cleared ? May be that is the problem. Just guessing anyway. An infopass will be the solution. Keep us posted

This is very confusing. What are all those steps? I thought it was all about fingerprints and name check. What is background check ? So is there three things that FBI has to check ?

Bobsmyth, did you call FBI to see if your fingerprints has cleared ? May be that is the problem. Just guessing anyway. An infopass will be the solution. Keep us posted

I just called the FBI who confirmed (as I suspected) that my FP cleared back on Jan 26 and the results sent to USCIS. I then called USCIS and spoke to yet another IO who told me that FP and name check has in fact cleared and that I'm in queue for an interview. Again, this is after a previous IO told me that they couldn't see that my FP was returned to USCIS or that it may not have updated in their system.
When I spoke to the most recent IO, I asked if name check and security check are different as previous IO told me. The IO told me that name check and security check are one and the same and that previous IO had given me wrong information.
I think the IOs are trying hard to screw with my head since they don't give consistent answers. :confused:

Don't stress yourself too much with their answers. On May, I called USCIS and I was told that I should expect interview letter in about 7 months. When I went home all disapointed, I found my interview letter in my mailbox. I am sure that all what these people are saying over the phone are just pure imagination.

By the way, the fact that their online system does not work shows that their system is not reliable.

Relax. You will get your interview letter sooner than you would expect.

Interview date finally set

I went for an Infopass this morning at Raleigh DO and was told that my appointment is set for August 28. Finally, I can plan around that date. Maybe I'll even get oath the next day if everything works out right.:)

I went for an Infopass this morning at Raleigh DO and was told that my appointment is set for August 28. Finally, I can plan around that date. Maybe I'll even get oath the next day if everything works out right.:)

Congratulations, Bob!! :D:D:D I wonder when you'll receive your IL?

Since I mailed my N400 a couple of days before you, hopefully I'll also get my IL soon. Although, knowing USCIS, I'll probably get it after you! :rolleyes:

Congratulations, Bob!! :D:D:D I wonder when you'll receive your IL?

Since I mailed my N400 a couple of days before you, hopefully I'll also get my IL soon. Although, knowing USCIS, I'll probably get it after you! :rolleyes:

Thanks. They told me it was sent June 6th, so I should get it sometime this week. Have you tried calling USCIS lately and spoken to an IO to ask about your case?

Thanks. They told me it was sent June 6th, so I should get it sometime this week. Have you tried calling USCIS lately and spoken to an IO to ask about your case?

No, I haven't. If my IL does not arrive this week, I'll probably do that.

That is owesome. I imagine your happiness. Did you tried to find out aboput oath schedules ? It seems like they do it on Fridays, but is it every Friday ? or every other Friday ?

That is owesome. I imagine your happiness. Did you tried to find out aboput oath schedules ? It seems like they do it on Fridays, but is it every Friday ? or every other Friday ?

I didn't even bother asking IO about the oath dates after she told me when interview will be. The IO seemed more interested in casual talking that answering specific questions.

So, we can now draw the conclusion that Raleigh is moving and Charlotte is stalled. Even with Raleigh working through the backlog, charlotte seems not to make a significant improvement. What a sh*me...

So, we can now draw the conclusion that Raleigh is moving and Charlotte is stalled. Even with Raleigh working through the backlog, charlotte seems not to make a significant improvement. What a sh*me...

Most of the North Carolina posters here are being serviced by the Raleigh DO, so without much feedback from Charlotte users I think it's difficult to determine how they are handling the backlog. Considering that USCIS announced Charlotte processing to be just around 14 months for last summer's applicants, my case processing falls right in line with that timeline eventhough it is now being handled by Raleigh DO.

U r right Bobsmyth..

Very very less friends I am noticing in this forum with me for Charlotte..:)
I belongs to charlotte, zipcode 28269..

My timeline..
N400 sent out...09/07/07
FP done...02/22/08...charlotte..