Q1 (Jan-March) 2008 N400Filers Tracker

Vorpal .... The world may never know.......But I am getting so very ticked off..... The IO told me to call back in a month..... WTF......

I've been limiting my calls to once every 2 weeks or so. This past Tuesday, an IO actually gave me a very honest response: "Once you're in queue, there's no telling how long it'll take to receive an IL. All you can do is wait". I'm coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't be able to vote this year, but I'm also preparing a WOM lawsuit. I may not be able to vote, but I'll be damned if I don't become a citizen by the end of the year.

I mean right now I am going through alot in my personal life so I have not really been focusing on this as much as I was a few weeks ago.. But I am seeing all these ppl file after me and get IL. I am just looking for some light here....

Hang in there Vorpal, I still think you'll get confirmation of your interview date before mid July.

I'm usually an optimist, but not when it comes to USCIS, especially when my DO is NYC. As evidenced by posts in the NYC thread, there is no order to processing of backlog applications. In fact, as a result of WOM-related research, I found an interesting tidbit of information: there is an INS Operation Instruction 103.2(q) that requires "chronological processing of applications" in order of priority date. If only I could get physical proof that recent applications have been getting processed, I'd file my WOM today!

I mean right now I am going through alot in my personal life so I have not really been focusing on this as much as I was a few weeks ago.. But I am seeing all these ppl file after me and get IL. I am just looking for some light here....

DITTO!

Sometimes I think I wanna call CS and talk to an IO, etc, but afraid I'd get some disappointing answer or no answer at all, which might make me feel even worse...

Washburn1 and synn_r, I really hope for your sake that you won't have to wait as long as I've been waiting! You guys applied 3 months ago and are at least done with FPs. It took me that long just to get a receipt!

On a more serious note, it's too early to start getting depressed over this. Recent applicants are getting faster processing, so it'll be over soon.

DITTO!

Sometimes I think I wanna call CS and talk to an IO, etc, but afraid I'd get some disappointing answer or no answer at all, which might make me feel even worse...

The worst the IO can say is that there's no update on your case. What do you have to loose by calling? Prepare for the answer, either negative or positive,. and go from there. Don't let USCIS control your life.

Interview Today

Hello Gang,

I got my interview today and recommended to become u.s. citizen. And here is my story........

1) Scheduled appointment 8:45am; arrived at 8:10am; Called in at 9:35am; Comepleted the entire interview process in 20mins.

2) Civil Question asked - Can't remember; but I got all 6 correct

3) Officer went through the entire N400 application to make sure everything is correct with my consent; and the officer was very friendly.

4) At the end, he told me I am recommended to be come u.s. citizen; and the Oath letter would be arrived in 4 weeks.

However, I am hoping the Oath letter would be arrive in 2 weeks and having the Oath Ceremony done before July 4th. Ain't I dreaming?!?!?!?

I've been limiting my calls to once every 2 weeks or so. This past Tuesday, an IO actually gave me a very honest response: "Once you're in queue, there's no telling how long it'll take to receive an IL. All you can do is wait". I'm coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't be able to vote this year, but I'm also preparing a WOM lawsuit. I may not be able to vote, but I'll be damned if I don't become a citizen by the end of the year.

I know some one else in the same dates and as per him he is been told to wait another 2 to 3 months...the trend is that once you call under such situations, mostly people are been told to wait for another 2 to 3 months..

Hello Gang,

I got my interview today and recommended to become u.s. citizen. And here is my story........

1) Scheduled appointment 8:45am; arrived at 8:10am; Called in at 9:35am; Comepleted the entire interview process in 20mins.

2) Civil Question asked - Can't remember; but I got all 6 correct

3) Officer went through the entire N400 application to make sure everything is correct with my consent; and the officer was very friendly.

4) At the end, he told me I am recommended to be come u.s. citizen; and the Oath letter would be arrived in 4 weeks.

However, I am hoping the Oath letter would be arrive in 2 weeks and having the Oath Ceremony done before July 4th. Ain't I dreaming?!?!?!?

Congratulations ..hopefully your wish will come true!

hello everybody,
I have been calling up 800-375-5283 with no luck. Keep getting stuck with the automated system. Yet to speak with an immigration officer. My N-400 application was filed with Nebraska. Did an infopass meeting yesterday and was told to call 800-375-5283 and ask for a receipt number to trigger action on my application in Nebraska. Any help/advise is appreciated.

hello everybody,
I have been calling up 800-375-5283 with no luck. Keep getting stuck with the automated system. Yet to speak with an immigration officer. My N-400 application was filed with Nebraska. Did an infopass meeting yesterday and was told to call 800-375-5283 and ask for a receipt number to trigger action on my application in Nebraska. Any help/advise is appreciated.

Choose options 1-2-6 to talk to a CSR who can open a service request if your PD is more than the posted processing time for your DO.

Hello everybody,
Spoke with a CSR who was reluctant to forward my call to an IO. Finally convinced him to transfer the call. The lady who came on line mentioned the standard response....your application is not scheduled for interview. On further questioning, she said something about name check being pending . I asked if there was something that could be done to expedite the process.....her reply was wait for a few months! I requested a receipt number for the enquiry/discussion and was denied the same. Any clues on what to do next.

Hello everybody,
Spoke with a CSR who was reluctant to forward my call to an IO. Finally convinced him to transfer the call. The lady who came on line mentioned the standard response....your application is not scheduled for interview. On further questioning, she said something about name check being pending . I asked if there was something that could be done to expedite the process.....her reply was wait for a few months! I requested a receipt number for the enquiry/discussion and was denied the same. Any clues on what to do next.

What's your timeline ?Update your signature with your timeline, it helps others in the same boat as you .

I wanna go back to the Military But i can't because my GC expired last year. USCIS has extended it for one more year. But I want to (need to) leave as soon as possible. Army won't take me with my GC so close to expiring... So I feel just like Ghantobro.... :(But I have already started to wear a wig....:(

I wanna go back to the Military But i can't because my GC expired last year. USCIS has extended it for one more year. But I want to (need to) leave as soon as possible. Army won't take me with my GC so close to expiring... So I feel just like Ghantobro.... :(But I have already started to wear a wig....:(

So let me get this straight...

You're volunteering to defend this country, yet the Army won't take you because your green card is expiring AND they won't help expedite your citizenship??? This is the most bass-ackwards methodology I've ever laid eyes on. The military is constantly complaining about enrollment shortages, yet they won't help a person who's colunteering to enroll???

By the way, just so you know, your permanent resident status DOES NOT expire with the green card. Only the document itself expires.

Army won't take you back even if you can prove you have reapplied for GC renewal? Your GC may expire but your status as as permanent resident doesn't (unless of course you abandon it).