Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

The 45 day is written in 8 CFR 310.3 (d). It is specific to judicial oath ceremonies, and states that the Federal court has exclusive authority to perform judicial oaths for a period of 45 days after they have received confirmation from the USAG of an applicant successfully passing the interview and recommended for approval.
After the 45 days have passed, the Federal courts no longer has exclusive authority and must seek it anew from the USAG. I suspect that there was a backlog of judical oath applicants and that the USAG grew tired of the practice of having to renew authorization, and that the DOs affected were sent directives to set up judical oaths no matter how far away they were from the DO.This would explain a judical oath being 175 miles away for rangav.

Here is 8 C.F.R. PART 310—NATURALIZATION AUTHORITY mentioned by Bobsmyth.

However,
Rangav and I reside in KC Metropolitan area on Kansas State side which falls under KC DO (USCIS) jurisdiction.

KC DO is under jurisdiction of District Court for the Western District of Missouri which has exclusive jurisdiction to conduct naturalization ceremonies
and hence KC DO can not administer Oaths.

Because of this, though Kansas courts do not claim exclusive rights on naturalization ceremonies,
Kansas Residents under KC DO jurisdiction have to take oath in a KS court.

Kansas City, KS court (our jurisdiction) can accomodate only 60 persons in their monthly ceremony.
Considering the number of applicants (260) who took Oath in Wichita, most of them must have crossed 45 days.

The 45 day order by President Obama has paved the way for an early oath to few fortunate like me.
Thats the reason why we were asked to go to ceremony organized by Wichita, KS court 175 miles away.
Hopefully the order does not allow courts with exclusive rights on Ceremonies to extend beyond 45 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Stuck in a hole!!! Looks like you came out of that hole or the hole moved a day earlier and your are free now.

Oath ceremony dates in central texas

Hi All,

Since we just got done with the interview a couple of days ago, I have been trying (without success) to look for oath ceremony venue/dates in the Austin/San Antonio area. We have 2 little kids and thus need to line up some childcare in preparation for this event. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have already tried this forum, the UCSIS site, sent an email to the events director at Trinity university etc etc.

Thanks,
GCGM

Hi All,

Since we just got done with the interview a couple of days ago, I have been trying (without success) to look for oath ceremony venue/dates in the Austin/San Antonio area. We have 2 little kids and thus need to line up some childcare in preparation for this event. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have already tried this forum, the UCSIS site, sent an email to the events director at Trinity university etc etc.

Thanks,
GCGM

Call an immigration attorney. They should have the information. The officer that conducted your interview could have also given you that information.

still no IL letter. It's been 2,5 mo since applying. I started really worried about... most of the people on this forum who applied around the same date(3/17/2009) got letters. I called USCIS but it was waste of time. Do I have a serious reason to be transferred to 2nd level IO? maybe it was lost in the mail......

Got duplicate Oath letters after Oath was done

Strange are the ways of the USCIS. We (myself and wife) received Oath letters immediately after our interviews on 5/27. We completed my Oath Ceremony yesterday (6/3). Today (6/4) I received duplicate Oath letters in the mail asking us to appear for the Oath on 6/3. The letters were mailed out just 2 days back. I think they are giving me the full value of the $675 that I paid for each of us. ;)

Strange are the ways of the USCIS. We (myself and wife) received Oath letters immediately after our interviews on 5/27. We completed my Oath Ceremony yesterday (6/3). Today (6/4) I received duplicate Oath letters in the mail asking us to appear for the Oath on 6/3. The letters were mailed out just 2 days back. I think they are giving me the full value of the $675 that I paid for each of us. ;)

I guess they're justifying the increase in the N400 fee this way :)

I got atleast half a dozen welcome to America mails for over a month after I received my GC card back in 2004

still no IL letter. It's been 2,5 mo since applying. I started really worried about... most of the people on this forum who applied around the same date(3/17/2009) got letters. I called USCIS but it was waste of time. Do I have a serious reason to be transferred to 2nd level IO? maybe it was lost in the mail......

Get to the 2nd level IO and talk to them. Just tell them that you have not recieved anything from USCIS since application and the representative will trnafer to the 2nd level IO. and than you can speak the truth.

Yes Rangav I requested the expedited processing, because I need to start the adjustment of status process for my husband now. :)

IL letters is normally delivered 1 to 4 months after FP. Call INS and speak to second level IO as you paid your fees for the application and its their duty to give you all possible service.

I did not recived my IL due to mail was in HOLD and I called to get my interview dates and second level IO advised me to pick up duplicate interview letter from local DO which I did today.

update

Hi all,

Received oath letters for spouse and self. Now I need to look into buying a suit for the ceremony!
Good luck to all!

03/10/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/12/09 : Mail received
03/12/09 : Priority Date.
03/19/09 : Check Cashed.
03/17/09 : Notice Date.
03/21/09 : NOA Received
04/06/09: FP Notice Received ( I-797C) (4/17/09 @ San Antonio).
04/11/09: FP Done at San Antonio (walk-in)
04/25/09: Interview Letter received.
06/02/09: Interview Date (completed at San Antonio!).
06/05/09 : Oath Letter received.
06/25/09 : Oath Date @ San Antonio

Interview done for me and my wife. Straightforward experience, everything was done in 20 minutes. Now waiting for oath letter. Updated my signature.

Thanks

Just re-posting in the Q1 thread:

Scheduled for 8:30 AM interview today in Irving, Texas. A 5 min drive from home. Reached there by 8 AM but called in for interview at 9 AM as there was a large crowd waiting inside.

The interview process: Simple but the officer (a latino) was quite and serious. He just asked for GC, Social Security Card, DL and Passport and picked GC only when I laid out all in front of him . Then verified few things on GC and referenced some codes with a note on his wall. Asked me to sign the pictures and other forms etc.

Asked the questions from N400 and verified address, name, DOB etc.

Asked to write "People Elect Congress" and then asked to read "Who elects Congress"

Then civics questions. He did not even mention that he will be asking the civics questions..just started asking them casually..His voice was very low..I couldn't hear at all...infact, I can hear the civics questions being asked from across the hall by another IO but my officer's..anyway..I did not need to hear the whole question.. I answered quickly all of them correct...after few questions..he started counting the number..then stopped exactly at 6...

then all quite...he kept writing things on the app..lot of writing....ofcourse with "red" ink

I was waiting for the most important question on my N400 about arrests...

Have u ever been arrested?

Yes, I do have couple of arrests in my long 17 yr US life.

One back in 1994 for selling alcohol to minor when I was a student working part time. A misdemeanor charge with a fine of $250. Convicted and Paid the fine. No jail nothing. I had no choice but to plead guilty those days as couldn't afford an attorney (as being a student) to fight for it.

And another arrest in 2000 for H1B violations by employer. Was working at a different location than what was mentioned on H1 LCA. But INS dismissed the charges on us and fined the employer. Case closed.

I mentioned these two to the officer and he was satisfied. And asked if I am done with the 1994 violations' probation. I told him that there was no probation just a fine.

And also I explained about the 2000 H1 violation as it was the employer's mistake. He seems to be aware of the law and agrees with me.

After this conversation, he kept writing lot of notes on the N400, verified my certified court documents etc.

Then pulled some rubber stamps and started stamping the papers.

And then showed me N-652 Naturalization Interview Results form with "tick" mark on "You Passed the tests of English and US history and Government" (I did not even care to look at that check mark as I was eagerly skipping down to see the check mark for most important thing).........then the officer told me that "I was approved" with a check mark on "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval" ....YEAHHHH...

I was on cloud 9 ............but wait...

THEN comes the final twist...................................

The officer told me that he couldn't send me for same day oath for today as I had violations and his supervisor will take a look and send me the Oath letter in 3-4 weeks. Not bad. And also he said he doesn't see any issues or problems and just the supervisor needs to put the final touch so thats why he couldn't send me for the oath for today. He also mentioned that since the violation happened long time back (in 1994), it is not an issue at all. I was told the same during my GC interview too (thats another story ..I waited for GC interview for 2 years after my file was transferred to local office for the same reason about the arrest record.)

Anyway, now back into waiting game for the oath letter. He said I should get it pretty soon..3 to 4 weeks...

I waited for 17 years...so 3 weeks is not a big deal....as a matter of fact, I had a long story for my F1 visa back in 1992 too in short, when I went for F1 visa stamping back in 1992, the consulate in Chennai, India made me wait whole day for interview when they actually gave the counter visa in the morning itself..by mistake I was sent to interview hall ..and waited whole day..only to find at the end of the day that my passport with F1 visa was waiting outside to be collected).......

So I am not new to waiting game...3 weeks is nothing....

When I am done with oath, I would probably setup a camp fire...and throw all the NOAs etc into the fire...of course after scanning them into a flashdrive..