Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Interview Completed today.

Arrived at 9.45 for a 10.20 interview, called in at 11.10

Straightforward no issues, no paperwork was asked.

Asked 6 easy questions, signed bunch of papers. Approved and asked to wait for the oath letter.

Took all of 15 mins, very nice officer.

I have passed the interview. She wrote my Oath date as 6/29 on a form. She asked me whether I have any questions. I asked her that "Is there a possibility to have the Oath today?" and She asked "Today?", with a pause, she told that she will check and see whether any spots free. She came back and told me that there is not spots for today and If I am ok, I can take the tomorrow. I said yes and i will have my Oath tommorrow morning at 8 AM.

Good luck to every one.

Thanks! wow! one of the fastest timelines, good for you!

Thanks to every one

Thanks to every one for sharing their thoughts and experiences and definitely I enriched my knowledge in this forums.

Thanks to formwef1, ak3130 and rangav.

I agree this is very fast for me. The Oath was taken along with 53 members just we read the contents along with every one. Handing over the certificate was one by one. They showed video of our President.
BTW, during the interview about the citations/arrest, I started asking about the traffic violation tickets to the Officer. She told me that as long as it is not DUI and wreckless driving lead to arrest, I need not worry about the tickets. She mentioned that, no need to even state it if it is not an arrest/DUI. Just want our forum to note.

I have moved on to the next steps...

Registered for Vote there itself. Applied expedited passport in the post office as I have plans to visit India. Now have to evaluate about the PIO/OCI/VISA for my planned visit some time around July. Hope everything will work out well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats rajarajan3...

You can apply for OCI and if it doesn't turn up 1 week before your travel you can go to consulate and get the Visa and then collect OCI when you are back from the trip...my 2 cents!!!
PIO is too costly now for 18 and above!

Now have to evaluate about the PIO/OCI/VISA for my planned visit some time around July. Hope everything will work out well.

Took Oath in Wichita, KS on 05/29/09.
It was a pleasure meeting Rangav who started this thread at the Oath ceremony.

Drove straight to SSN office and applied for status change from Permanent Resident to Citizen.
05/30/09 Applied for Passport Book & Card in the Post Office with Expedite processing.

For those Gals & Guys waiting for Oath after Interview,
we were told during the speeches that President Obama has signed an order,
"No applicant can be kept from taking Oath and becoming Citizen for more than 45 days after fulfilling all requirements/conditions".

KC DO was covering that backlog and organized this ceremony for 260 applicants.
I just got lucky to pass my interview on 5/18 to be included in this Ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you KC Chief. It was pleasure to meet your family. I also applied passport today under the regular processing.

At the oath ceremony Cell Phones were not allowed inside. We have to go back and leave it in the car. But Cameras were allowed.

Good news is from now on everyone will get oath within 45 days of the interview.

How to call IO to get oath Date

I went for the interview about 5 weeks back and passed. I have not received my Oath Letter. I applied in Orange County, CA

How do I call the IO and get the Oath Date?

Thanks

Congrats Rangav!

Congrats to Rangav and all the new citizens!

I have interview at 12.30 PM (about 24 hrs from now) at Government Center, Boston. Will post the experience tomorrow, night.

Cheers,
Meow

Thanks Meow and Good luck to your interview!!!

I have interview at 12.30 PM (about 24 hrs from now) at Government Center, Boston. Will post the experience tomorrow, night.

Cheers,
Meow

Cheers,
Meow

Good Luck Meow.
I am also from Boston DO, so curious to listen to your interview experience. Can you also post your timeline?

Thanks for the wishes!

Thanks for the wishes -Ranga, Prithi.

Timeline:
03/01/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX - Lockbox facility
03/05/09 : Mail received
03/05/09 : Priority Date.
03/11/09 : Check Cashed.
03/12/09 : Notice Date.
03/15/09 : NOA Received
03/24/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
04/04/09 : FP Done at Portland Street, ASC - Boston
04/10/09 : Interview letter received
06/02/09: Interview Date Location-Govt.Center - Boston