Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Anybody going for FP on 4/10 or 4/11??
Are the USCIS service centers open tomorrow (Good Friday) or Saturday??
I would like do a walk-in FP at San Antonio. Anybody know the phone # of the San Antonio service center?

Here is the update. Both passed the interview. I have been asked all 10 questions and for my wife they asked only 6 questions. On my case recommended for approval. My wife's case decision can't be made at this time. We both applied on 5 years basis. She took 5 months trip on 2007. I provided her all the utility bills, bank stmts for that period. But the IO asked for recent bank stmts, insurance forms that shows both of our names. She didn't have those docs with her. I had 2008 tax returns. The IO asked her to hand over the documents to the guard. I gave the docs at the counter and received a receipt for those docs. Then the IO came out and talked to my wife then I went and talked to him. He asked me to bring the docs. I went to the counter and got back the docs and handed over to him. He said thats all I need. You will receive your oath letter with in 2 months. I think we are Ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 2009 timeline

HELLO FOLKS

Here is my timeline

Mailing Date: March 17, 2009== Missouri Lock Box
Priority Date: March 24, 2009
Fingerprinting Letter Received: April 6, 2009
Fingerprinting Date: April 22, 2009 ==> Hicksville, NY

FP notice finally received today, phew!

I told you that you would get it sometime this week. Anyway, I tried walk in yesterday...it was a busy day at the Application Support center, there were lot of folks waiting..only 2 employees..so the guard told me to come another slow day...will try today or tomorrow...or what the hell, next wed is the scheduled date...will go as scheduled..I am not in a hurry and also don't want to get the interview scheduled before my 5th yr anniversary..and miss the same day oath opportunity...it seems that the interview calls are coming out pretty quickly..less than a month or so after the FP done date..

I provided her all the utility bills, bank stmts for that period. But the IO asked for recent bank stmts, insurance forms that shows both of our names. She didn't have those docs with her.

That's scary. Why do they need these docs?

Here is the update. Both passed the interview. I have been asked all 10 questions and for my wife they asked only 6 questions. On my case recommended for approval. My wife's case decision can't be made at this time. We both applied on 5 years basis. She took 5 months trip on 2007. I provided her all the utility bills, bank stmts for that period. But the IO asked for recent bank stmts, insurance forms that shows both of our names. She didn't have those docs with her. I had 2008 tax returns. The IO asked her to hand over the documents to the guard. I gave the docs at the counter and received a receipt for those docs. Then the IO came out and talked to my wife then I went and talked to him. He asked me to bring the docs. I went to the counter and got back the docs and handed over to him. He said thats all I need. You will receive your oath letter with in 2 months. I think we are Ok.

A 5 month trip in 5 years caused the IO to ask for recent insurance forms and bank statements? Wow! Your wife got a particularly strict IO.

Thanks for sharing. My wife had a 3 month absense in 2004 and a 2 month absense in 2007, and I will have to supply her with truckloads of documentation.

How do you know it was transferred to Lee's Summit, MO?

My NOA also has that address on envelope and also at bottom of NOA. However it was mailed from 75067(Lewisville, TX) zip code, i could tell that from PO stamp on the envelope. I think thats the normal procedure. Isn't it?

Well, you are right that it was mailed from, 85035 zipcode which I believe is Arizona, the Lee's Summit MO address is in the top and bottom of the NOA. So, I presumed that's where my file is.

Anyways, got a yellow form in the mail for myself and my wife today, i.e. Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Checklist asking us to bring our driver's license and our US born daughter's certified's copy of birth certificate with us during the naturalization interview.

So I assume that they have opened our file and should expect the fingerprint notice soon.

Lets hope for the best.

Goodluck with your case as well!!!!

AshP

I finally got FP notice. Looks like the first FP notice was lost in mail

Hi there,

How did you know that your fingerprint notice was lost in the mail. Its been 45 days, and I have not received my fingerprint notice, so do you think mine coud be lost too.

However, I did recieve a Case File Review Notice/Document Checklist in the mail today, i.e. 04/09/09. So Maybe I should expect the fingerprint notice soon. But that is bizarre, that I would receive a yellow notice( Case File Review Notice) before the fingerprint notice.

What number should I call to find out whether they have mailed my fingerprint notice or not, or whether it is lost in the mail?

Please revert!!!!

Thanks,

AshP

Hi there,

How did you know that your fingerprint notice was lost in the mail. Its been 45 days, and I have not received my fingerprint notice, so do you think mine coud be lost too.

However, I did recieve a Case File Review Notice/Document Checklist in the mail today, i.e. 04/09/09. So Maybe I should expect the fingerprint notice soon. But that is bizarre, that I would receive a yellow notice( Case File Review Notice) before the fingerprint notice.

What number should I call to find out whether they have mailed my fingerprint notice or not, or whether it is lost in the mail?

Please revert!!!!

Thanks,

AshP

Call 1-800-375-5283. Select Options 1-2-3(lost receipt).

That should get you to an agent.

My wife and I submitted the docs together, but she got FP in one month after sending docs. I got Case File Review Notice/Document Checklist too. Someone already mention the phone number to call above.

A 5 month trip in 5 years caused the IO to ask for recent insurance forms and bank statements? Wow! Your wife got a particularly strict IO.

Thanks for sharing. My wife had a 3 month absense in 2004 and a 2 month absense in 2007, and I will have to supply her with truckloads of documentation.

That also may be true. And one more thing is my wife never worked in US. She has qualification to work but to take care of the kids she stayed. I posted the detailed experience in a separate thread for more visibility to others in the same situation.

Here is the link to that thread

Thank You, PrithiS for the contact info. I did call USCIS and they informed me that they have noy yet sent for my biometrics notice. So, I guess, it is a waiting game. The person over the phone mentioned that each case is different and he is not sure how long will it take for them to send the notice.

I called USCIS to check status of my case. It is in the interview queue but has not been scheduled yet. Has anyone heard this before? How long before the interview date is set?

I told you that you would get it sometime this week. Anyway, I tried walk in yesterday...it was a busy day at the Application Support center, there were lot of folks waiting..only 2 employees..so the guard told me to come another slow day...will try today or tomorrow...or what the hell, next wed is the scheduled date...will go as scheduled..I am not in a hurry and also don't want to get the interview scheduled before my 5th yr anniversary..and miss the same day oath opportunity...it seems that the interview calls are coming out pretty quickly..less than a month or so after the FP done date..
I walked-in, got it done in less than 6 minutes.
there was only 1 person in line, i guess i was lucky on this one.
As for the interview, i hope i won't be short on my 3 year anniversary, i thought getting your FP early doesn't mean you will get your IL early, i just did it because i will be busy on the scheduled date.
Now my question is: Let's say hypothetically you're a few days shy on your 5yr anniv. (3 years in my case) does that delay the interview drastically?

Last edited by a moderator: