Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Now to put at ease the guys worrying about traffic tickets.

Form-659 Interview Document Check List item # 10. Text..

If you have ever had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged or otherwise removed from your records, bring:

An original or a certified copy of court order vacating, setting aside, sealing, expunging or otherwise removing the arrest or conviction.

Note: Unless a traffic incident was alchohol or drug related or serious personal injury to other person occured,
you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest,
if the penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.

End quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted in another thread (can senior contributors give a link to that? http: //forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=295140) about what I learned from an IO i spoke (to get a letter from nearest court house stating never arrested).

I posted in another thread (can senior contributors give a link to that? http: //forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=295140) about what I learned from an IO i spoke (to get a letter from nearest court house stating never arrested).
James Chak, Read my post just above.

Sent to Arizona
03/03/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox
03/06/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
03/08/09 :Check Cashed
03/06/09 :priority Date
03/11/09 :Notice Date.
03/17/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
03/23/09 :FP notice recd
03/24/09 :FP notice done.

N-659, Naturalization Interview Document Check List

Those of you who finished Interviews without "N-659, Naturalization Interview Document Check List" and wonder what it is all about,
and for those who got their IL, waiting for interview date and dread they will get one, breathe easy.
There is nothing to it. It is what it says, Just a "Check List."

Here it is.

Can someone tell me if the interview is conducted on an individual basis or not? My wife and I filed the N-400 at the same time, and our fingerprinting dates coincided too. One reason I am asking is if we should take 2 copies of our childrens' birth certificates (if interview is conducted simultaneously in different rooms) or just one copy. Also, whether we should arrange for a babysitter or can take the younger one to the interview with us.

Can someone tell me if the interview is conducted on an individual basis or not? My wife and I filed the N-400 at the same time, and our fingerprinting dates coincided too. One reason I am asking is if we should take 2 copies of our childrens' birth certificates (if interview is conducted simultaneously in different rooms) or just one copy. Also, whether we should arrange for a babysitter or can take the younger one to the interview with us.

My wife an i have same date interview but two different times. We are planning to take two sets, as i am not sure if they will return back or not.

If security/name checks are done in time for both, it's likely both interviews would be on the same day; else, on different dates. It's safer, like the previous poster said, to take two sets of documents in case they ask again.

Cannot check case status online

It has more than two weeks since I received the notice of action, but the online case status on USCIS website list the following error:

Validation Error(s):
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
Priority date is 03/04/09. Anybody else in this situation ?

It has more than two weeks since I received the notice of action, but the online case status on USCIS website list the following error:

Validation Error(s):
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
Priority date is 03/04/09. Anybody else in this situation ?

There are 2 numbers on your NOA. NBC*xxxxxxxxx and NBC$xxxxxxxxx.
Check with NBC*. NBC$ throws that message.
I made that mistake on the day I got my NOA.

Certified copies of U.S. born Children Birth Certificates, Marraiges, divorces et al.

If you already know where to get Certified copies of Birth Certificates for children born in the Unites States, ignore this.
Otherwise here is the Link of Links to all states.

BTW, this link is also good for marraige certificates, divorce decrees et al., which may come in handy to folks applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen.

FP completed.
Is there a number we can check the FP status from FBI?

call this number (304) 625-5590 and tell them your A-number, and they will tell you the status of your finger print check (for example: result has been sent back to USCIS).

CFR after IL

Today Wife received CFR.
Notice Dt. 03/23/09 same as my IL.

Only Item asked for was:
Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card.

She never had any traffic incidents/tickets.

Interview got rescheduled

Yesterday, We received an envelope with my spouse's name on it. Inside there were 2 notices one for me another for my spouse that both of our interview got rescheduled. One of them has a yellow sticky with a hand written pencil note saying it will be rescheduled sometime in May. I think this was due to 5 years rule as my original interview date was before gc 5 years anniversary.:( I booked a infopass to get the new dates. :rolleyes:

blitzburgh: I saw your IL is scheduled for 4/26. I hope that is beyond your g 5th anniversary. Good luck with your interview ;).

D/O : Pittsburgh, PA
01/30/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX Lockbox.
02/03/09 : N-400 Received. (according to USPS website)
02/10/09 : Check Cashed.
02/12/09 : NOA Received
02/03/09 : Priority Date.
02/09/09 : Receipt Date.
02/17/09 : FP notice received
02/26/09 : FP Done walk-in
03/10/09 : IL Letter received
04/09/09 : IL appointment original but got rescheduled:mad: