Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

AKish congrats it looks like you got your NOA. I think you will get your FP soon . Most probably Chula Vista service center. I just did a walk in-I went in around 1 pm and handed it to the guard. They didn't ask me anything-the whole thing was ove rin 15 min.

Thanks TnWalker. I was guessing it will be in Chula Vista Office. I will also try walk-in. I will keep you guys posted.

San Diego DO

03/02/09 - Mailed N400 (LockBox Phoenix, AZ)
03/04/09 - USPS confirmed delivery.
03/17/09 - Check cleared
03/19/09 - NOA received (PD 03/04/09)

My bank's notary said it is illegal to notarize US Birth certificates. If I need it I have to order from state govt. They are the only one authorized to issue certified Birth Certificate. May be each state will have different laws. This rule is here in KS.

I have been tracking My LUD since 2/24/09. It hasn't changed from 02/05/09 since.
Here are the dates. You may draw your own conclusions.

02/03/2009 : NOA Dt.
02/05/2009 : LUD --> FBI Name check Complete ???
02/11/2009 : FP NOA Dt.
02/24/2009 : FP Dt.
03/19/2009 : IL NOA Dt.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bank's notary said it is illegal to notarize US Birth certificates. If I need it I have to order from state govt. They are the only one authorized to issue certified Birth Certificate. May be each state will have different laws. This rule is here in KS.

It is the same all over U.S. Check this out.
Can't post URL. Copy below text and paste it in your browser address bar.
https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/passportmatters/Checklist/NotarizeBC.cfm

03/20/09 IL Receipt posting Correction.

That IL was Wife's.
Now hold your chairs, lest you fall off laughing.

Today I received mine, not IL but CFR.
Why? Committed the second cardinal Sin (First I take it, to have U.S. born children).
N400 application Part 10 Question 16 checked "Yes" and listed 2 speeding tickets (Citations) from 2000,'02 and the outcome of paying $ 83.00, $67.00 fines.

Now the CFR has 2 items I have to take to the Interview.
1. DL or State ID.

The stinker
2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested, For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court despositions showing how each incident was resolved."

TAKE THAT.

Please let me join the CFR/Yellow notice receiver club and share your agony.
Will post new developments if any, as and when they happen.

Made changes to signature to set the facts straight.

They do not read the N400 application carefully. In my case they asked me to get certified copies of the birth certificates of US born children when it clearly states on the N400 that my children were born in India and Canada. In your (KC Chief) case they suggest that you were arrested when clearly you were not arrested but cited for speeding.

I guess we will have to take enough documentation to the interview to cover ourselves.

tnwalker,
you call USCIS, get connected to a second level officer, and then you ask them when were you placed on the interview queue.

They do not read the N400 application carefully. In my case they asked me to get certified copies of the birth certificates of US born children when it clearly states on the N400 that my children were born in India and Canada. In your (KC Chief) case they suggest that you were arrested when clearly you were not arrested but cited for speeding.

I guess we will have to take enough documentation to the interview to cover ourselves.
My bet is no one reads the applications.
Most likely they are machine read.if the program reads any thing missing or in the wrong place, it prints out notice with relavant pre-programed wording.

In My case part 10, Q. 16 "Yes" check box was checked.

In your case, I am guessing, you have your children listed
but left the USCIS ''A''- number (if child has one) blank instead of N/A.
Since U.S. born children do not have A numbers, the program assumed they were U.S. born and you got that letter.