Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Laddorao,today my case status was changed to validation error too.
Does that mean I am going to get interview letter?

Anybody can help?
We had the same validation error, I called immidiately and the 2nd level IO told that we were scheduled for interview and we recived letter two days after that.

Good Luck, you are almost there.

Newark D/O
03/17/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :Check Cashed
xx/xx/09 :priority Date
xx/xx/09 :Notice Date.
xx/xx/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
xx/xx/09 :FP Notice Received
xx/xx/09 :FP Appointment (ELIZABETH NJ) Done,Cleared
xx/xx/09 :Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

Sent to Arizona
03/03/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox
03/06/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
03/08/09 :Check Cashed
03/06/09 :priority Date
03/11/09 :Notice Date.
03/17/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

Case number not found?

Hi, I also just applied through Texas lockbox. Today, I received the NOA for receipt of application. But I cannot find my case number online. Is this normal? When can I expect to find my case in the USCIS system?

The USCIS status system is very unreliable. If you can't access the case status online, give it at least 60 days after you applied before you start inquiring about your case by phone or Infopass.

Thanks bobsymth, but I was wondering if it's the FP notice that will contain the case number that will be in the system, instead of the NOA? That was the case with I-751; I don't know if it's the same with N-400.

hi all,
My D/O is newark. Is it necessary that the case status disappears online if your IL is sent out?

Does anyone have an experience with walk in Finger Printing in San Francisco, CA? We would appreciate your sharing the experience.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my interview letter yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what is "any evidence of selective service registration"
what is that?

Update.

San Diego DO

03/02/09 - Mailed N400 (LockBox Phoenix, AZ)
03/04/09 - USPS confirmed delivery.
03/17/09 - Check cleared
03/19/09 - NOA received (PD 03/04/09)

Received Document Checklist (yellow letter) yesterday.

The document checklist mentions two documents that I need to take with me to the interview
1. Drivers license or state issued identification
2. Certified copies of children born in the Unites States.

I have two kids on my N400 application, one was born in India and the other one in Canada.

So do I need to take certified copies of their birth certificates? Will the IO retain the copies for the file?

I am planning to take their original birth certificates, green cards and passports with me anyway, but do I need certified copies for the IO for the file?

Also, does the receipt of the document checklist yellow letter indicate that the fingerprint check has cleared?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Document Checklist (yellow letter) yesterday.

The document checklist mentions two documents that I need to take with me to the interview
1. Drivers license or state issued identification
2. Certified copies of children born in the Unites States.

I have two kids on my N400 application, one was born in India and the other one in Canada.

So do I need to take certified copies of their birth certificates? Will the IO retain the copies for the file?

I am planning to take their original birth certificates, green cards and passports with me anyway, but do I need certified copies for the IO for the file?

Also, does the receipt of the document checklist yellow letter indicate that the fingerprint check has cleared?

The yellow letter is a generic one that lists the documents that may be asked by IO at interview. Bring the certified copies if you have them, but the IO may not even ask for them, or if they do they're not required to keep the originals.

If one takes original and just plain photocopy for IO's file, shouldn't that be enough?
Or IO needs certified copies for the file?