Processing time for green card based on asylum

Hey guys I need your valuable opinion regarding RTD.

My Asylum was approved in Oct'18, so in May'19, I applied for passport renewal only to have an additional Identification. I didn't know at the time that it would create any issue. I never had any intentions of traveling back to my home country now or ever.

So, while filing I-131, Application for Refugee Travel Document. There is a question on Part 6, 3.b Since you were accorded refugee/asylee status, have you ever applied for and/or entry permit of the country? My answer is 'Yes' but it mentions that "If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, you must explain on a separate sheet of paper. Include your name and A-number on top of each sheet.

Did any one here had any similar experience? Even if not, your opinion is appreciated. I want to know how to answer that question.

Thanks

Hey guys I need your valuable opinion regarding RTD.

My Asylum was approved in Oct'18, so in May'19, I applied for passport renewal only to have an additional Identification. I didn't know at the time that it would create any issue. I never had any intentions of traveling back to my home country now or ever.

So, while filing I-131, Application for Refugee Travel Document. There is a question on Part 6, 3.b Since you were accorded refugee/asylee status, have you ever applied for and/or entry permit of the country? My answer is 'Yes' but it mentions that "If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, you must explain on a separate sheet of paper. Include your name and A-number on top of each sheet.

Did any one here had any similar experience? Even if not, your opinion is appreciated. I want to know how to answer that question.

Thanks
my opinion if you are not traveling any time soon don't apply for the RTD before it mess up your I 485 application. I had the same issue I didn't know that asylee should not use their national passport. luckily for me I traveled n came back without any issues. I decided to cancel my other travel plans when I tried to renew n realized it.

my opinion if you are not traveling any time soon don't apply for the RTD before it mess up your I 485 application. I had the same issue I didn't know that asylee should not use their national passport. luckily for me I traveled n came back without any issues. I decided to cancel my other travel plans when I tried to renew n realized it.
Thanks. Yea, makes sense.
I’ve been debating the same to myself. Do i really need it? No! The only reason I thought of applying is coz its free, also idk maybe I’ll fly to canada but there’s no certain plan.

Dear all, I would like to know which is the document you all submitted to fulfill the I 485 requirement to prove continuous physical presence in USA.

Appreciate any advise.

Dear all, I would like to know which is the document you all submitted to fulfill the I 485 requirement to prove continuous physical presence in USA.

Appreciate any advise.

A house or apartment lease (or even multiple ones if you moved during the year) that covers the year of residents and includes your name (and other people who you included in your asylum application) is a good and sufficient evidence. You may want to include pay stubs from your work, just as an extra evidence.

A house or apartment lease (or even multiple ones if you moved during the year) that covers the year of residents and includes your name (and other people who you included in your asylum application) is a good and sufficient evidence. You may want to include pay stubs from your work, just as an extra evidence.

Thank you. but can the paystubs/ lease document be less than a year old? For eg: i got my grant last August but my lease agreement begins from September. I also have paystubs only from December 2019.

Finally some update from USCIS

application filed in TSC 6/26
Application received by USCIS 6/30
check was cashed on 7/20
application filed in TSC 6/26
Application received by USCIS 6/30
check was cashed on 7/20
Receipt number was received 7/27
finger print appointment letter was received on 8/10 - the appointment is on 8/18

Thank you. but can the paystubs/ lease document be less than a year old? For eg: i got my grant last August but my lease agreement begins from September. I also have paystubs only from December 2019.
In this case you need multiple lease documents, the one from September and the one before September. You need a copy of the lease that ended in August, the month of your asylum grant. I don't think you need pay stubs, the two lease documents are enough.

In this case you need multiple lease documents, the one from September and the one before September. You need a copy of the lease that ended in August, the month of your asylum grant. I don't think you need pay stubs, the two lease documents are enough.
Thank you..but since i dont have the previous lease under my name, i am hoping to send in my bank statements to cover the months of August & September. Hope that would be accepted as evidence since there are transaction details on it.

Hi Guys!
Question regarding employment History on the I-485 form, if someone was employed as a contractor through an Agency at a specific Client, which information should be listed, in terms of Employer name and address? The employment Agency? Or the Actual onsite company where the project was? For example the agency was in GA but the Project is in CA...etc or u add both? If you add both which should be listed first and which should be noted on the supplemental sheet at the end as the spacing wont allow adding both info same time.
Thanks

My I-485 is pending and I was in a similar situation as you. You have 2 options.

#1. Wait for an RFE from USCIS. When you get it, go get the Exam done, and then send in the form with the RFE barcode. The delay here is that you have to wait for the RFE, wait the 1-2 months to be able to get the exam done, then send it back, then wait for the officer to be able to review your case again.

#2. You can always send in the results to the Nebraska Service Center without waiting for the RFE. Include your I-485 receipt and as much information about your case, so they can match the I-693 form with your file. This is a bit risky because there's no guarantee they'll actually route the results to the right file/officer.

I went with #2 because of a number of reasons and poor timing from the clinic. We had no choice, but my attorney wanted to wait for the RFE. The results were delivered, but I have no idea whether they actually made it to my file or not. I'll have to wait until an officer gets to my case to find out. So #1 will cause a bit of a delay, but it's safer. #2 will not cause a delay. But if the results get lost, you're still going to have to wait for the RFE, you'll have to repeat them, and pay for the exam again.

Thank you for sharing! Super helpful!
Could you please share which address did you use to send i693 without RFE? Thanks.
I want to send mine too without RFE, but I don't know which address is correct one...

i797c notice has an address: P.O. Box 82521, Lincoln, NE 68501
I called USCIS help center, an agent told me a different one: 850 S Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 (No ATTN)

Thank you for sharing! Super helpful!
Could you please share which address did you use to send i693 without RFE? Thanks.
I want to send mine too without RFE, but I don't know which address is correct one...

i797c notice has an address: P.O. Box 82521, Lincoln, NE 68501
I called USCIS help center, an agent told me a different one: 850 S Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 (No ATTN)
I'm actually not sure of the exact address. My attorney is the one who mailed it. I just know it went to the Nebraska Service Center.

I'm actually not sure of the exact address. My attorney is the one who mailed it. I just know it went to the Nebraska Service Center.
Oops... thanks you for your response.

somebody also mentioned that maybe try the address to which you sent your i485 form... don't know which one I should use...

Mine (I-485) ...Nebraska Service Center
is being a month saying

Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

Mine (I-485) ...Nebraska Service Center
is being a month saying

Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
It should stay the same until your case gets approved and then it should change into new card is being produced and then case was approved in the following day