Processing time for green card based on asylum

I received notice today that my fingerprint will be reused for EAD and am not required to submit any fingerprints. Hopefully, I will receive a letter for green card and travel document in the coming days. It appears the National Benefits Center is pretty fast. I was amazed at how fast they sent the fingerprint notice.
Timeline so far:
Submitted I-485, I-765, I-131 = Sept. 15, 2020
Check cashed = Oct. 9, 2020
Text notification received = Oct. 12, 2020
Notice for I-485, I-765, I-131 received = Oct. 17, 2020
Fingerprint Notice for I-765 = Oct. 19, 2020 (No fingerprints required)
Any updates about the National Benefits Center?

Hey guys ,
Just wanna share this update. I got up this morning and my status says that i have been sent an RFE concerning my i-485 after exactly 12 months today since i applied.

What baffles me is that i used a lawyer just so i don't do no mistake which might account for a delay in the process but now am desappoited somehow wondering if it was necessary even to spend money using a lawyer.

Doe's ayone have an idea of what they might be requesting?

Hi guys
I need your advice
I got asylum approval; my boyfriend is pending asylum. If we marry together, can I file I-485 for him
you need to get i-485 for yourself first . get the permanent residency (green card). then you can apply to adjust status for him . if you just got the asylum approval you have to wait a year to apply for the green card plus at-least a year for the green card application .

Hi guys
I need your advice
I got asylum approval; my boyfriend is pending asylum. If we marry together, can I file I-485 for him

You can't file i-485 for yourself unless you lived 1 full year in the US after you were granted asylum.

Long story short - your boyfriend can't benefit from your status now. Firstly, you have to get your Green Card. Then you can apply for your spouse. But he, as an asylum applicant who married on a green card holder, can only adjust status if he filed for asylum while he was still in legal status. Otherwise he can only adjust status if married on a US citizen.

PS: Why didn't you marry before you got your decision? It would've give him much easier path to a green card.

Hey guys ,
Just wanna share this update. I got up this morning and my status says that i have been sent an RFE concerning my i-485 after exactly 12 months today since i applied.

What baffles me is that i used a lawyer just so i don't do no mistake which might account for a delay in the process but now am desappoited somehow wondering if it was necessary even to spend money using a lawyer.

Doe's ayone have an idea of what they might be requesting?
did you send your medicals ? maybe that's what they are requesting .

Hi guys
I need your advice
You both should get married and within 2 years from your date of approval you can file him petition for derivative status as spouse using i730 form. There is a processing time for that.

You both should get married and within 2 years from your date of approval you can file him petition for derivative status as spouse using i730 form. There is a processing time for that.

This is not true.

A form i-730 can only be filed for immediate relative if the relationship existed prior to the date of approval.
Meaning that if they would've get married before her asylum was approved she would be able to file i-730 now. So because a person is granted asylum already but is planning to get married there is not way for a spouse to become derivative asylee.

Thank you so much for all your answer ,I appreciate it,I received my decision after 2 years ٫yes it was better that we get marry before I got approval.I did not know that after grant asylum he can not gets benefit from me ,however he is waiting to get an interview since 3 years ago.when he filed for asylum he had status (student visa).
I'm sorry one more question,we live together since 3 years ago,we have so many documents together when we arrived at USA .is it possible he gets benefit as my fiance( because based on some documents We can prove that we have been together for a long time)?Sorry if my question is ridiculous

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all your answer ,I appreciate it,I received my decision after 2 years ٫yes it was better that we get marry before I got approval.I did not know that after grant asylum he can not gets benefit from me ,however he is waiting to get an interview since 3 years ago.when he filed for asylum he had status (student visa).
I'm sorry one more question,we live together since 3 years ago,we have so many documents together when we arrived at USA .is it possible he gets benefit as my fiance( because based on some documents We can prove that we have been together for a long time)?Sorry if my question is ridiculous

If he was in valid F-1 status when he filed for asylum he can file for a green card based on your marriage (but only after you receive your green card). I'd suggest you hire an attorney for that process.

hi guys i am following this forum from long time, and today is the day i have a good news to share with you guys
my new card is being produced, finally case is approved. i will share my timeline with you
filled i485 26 may 2020 with medical at Nebraska service center
finger prints applied on 17th July 2020
new card produced 15th June 2021
good luck to all of you .....

hi guys i am following this forum from long time, and today is the day i have a good news to share with you guys
my new card is being produced, finally case is approved. i will share my timeline with you
Mubarkaan Rana Saab !!!

Mubarkaan ji!!