Processing time for green card based on asylum

Unfortunately you don’t know what you are talking about! If anyone travels while greencard is pending it is considered abandoned! They have to obtain an advance parole first to use with travel document! Stop misleading people

i was reading for a while and i lost many minutes with your bulls.. antoxin is right about what he says . i left and came back 5 times when my greencard is pending and still pending. i know more people who traveled and come back while gc pending.and they got greencard . some people like this like they scare of everything. if your gc application would be abondened why uscis gives us RTD. ? is that simple .dont live in your paradise think simple.USCIS GIVES RTD AND USE IT!

Last edited:
Today good news. I have update my green card.
On June 22, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXX, to the address you gave us.

Filled i485 16 September 2020 with medical at Nebraska service center
Finger prints applied on 13 Nowember 2020
New card produced 16 June 2021
Processing times 9 Moths

On June 22, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXX, to the address you gave us.

Processing times 9 Moths
CONGRATS!!

Processing times 9 Moths
Congratulations!!! I sent in my I-485 application along with my RTD package on June 22nd. So my waiting journey starts now

Guys, a quick question please... do you if Baltimore County is covered by Nebraska or Texas service center in terms of processing Green Card based on asylum? Thanks!

What is different between Nebraska and Texas?
A HUGE difference… processing time in Nebraska for green card based on asylum is 9-12 months maximum but Texas service center is at least 2 years… many cases take more than that… so if you are filing for green card do your best to move to a place served by Nebraska service center… it totally worth it.

A HUGE difference… processing time in Nebraska for green card based on asylum is 9-12 months maximum but Texas service center is at least 2 years… many cases take more than that… so if you are filing for green card do your best to move to a place served by Nebraska service center… it totally worth it.
Oh my god , thank you ,I did not know that.for travel refugee documents in California (orange county)is covered by Nebraska but I didn’t know about green card

Aloha guys, looks like we don’t have any statistics for NBC so let’s make our own.
My case (I-485 Asylum based)
3/16/21 - a case has been sent to Phoenix Lockbox (without medical)
3/22/21 - delivered
5/10/21 - I called to USCIS trying to find out where my receipts are. Answer call back in 60 days.
5/19/21 - send an email to Lockbox
5/19/21 - I-485 receipt (fee waived was approved)
5/23/21 - called back and got a receipt # (receipt was at the exact date I emailed Lockbox)
5/31/21 - kickback my I-131 cause I didn’t pay the fee and I-912 probably doesn’t waive it (need to check it out)
6/2/21 - status updates (used old fingerprint)
National Benefit Center.
My attorney said that NBC is the fastest one and they approve in about 8 months. Let’s see how it will go. Thinking about having my medical get ready but just in case if there is a delay on some vaccinations. But not sure yet, need to talk to my attorney first.
8 months starting after delivered time or the time what you got receipt number?

8 months starting after delivered time or the time what you got receipt number?
I don't think his attorney is sure about the processing time at NBC. My I-485 application was delivered in late Sep 2020. The last action was Dec 2020. So it's been more than 8 months for me now. I already submitted for outside of normal processing time but I haven't heard back from USCIS, although the agent said I should hear back within 30 days. The numbers of USCIS are not that reliable. All we can do is guessing.

I don't think his attorney is sure about the processing time at NBC. My I-485 application was delivered in late Sep 2020. The last action was Dec 2020. So it's been more than 8 months for me now. I already submitted for outside of normal processing time but I haven't heard back from USCIS, although the agent said I should hear back within 30 days. The numbers of USCIS are not that reliable. All we can do is guessing.
Did they tell you to check the processing times of your local office for employment based i-485? I mean how should we know the processing times of NBC.

Did they tell you to check the processing times of your local office for employment based i-485? I mean how should we know the processing times of NBC.
No, I don't know about that. I thought if NBC processes my application, it belongs to NBC (I think they are located in Kansas - Missouri) not the local office. The location listed on the previous fingerprints-used-notice was Kansas City. You cannot check the NBC processing time for I-485 asylum-based because it's not there on the website. Nobody has a clue about NBC.

Guys, any body lives in Maryland please tell us about the processing time and what is the service center is processing their asylum based green card case. Please let me know...
Thanks!! :)

guys .i have very important question please help
i will be as6 when i get my green card . after getting green card if i get married.my wifes green card code would be as7 or regular marriage with lpr based code f26 ?

oh thats made me cool.i want to ask that i didnt tell my girlfriend that i am an asylee.after get green card then we go to green card interview .does officer say my girlfriend that i was an asylee?. my goverment will change after 2 years ( i hope)then i will have go to my cop to marry with her? do guys have something to say about my situation? i will moore appreciate it

oh thats made me cool.i want to ask that i didnt tell my girlfriend that i am an asylee.after get green card then we go to green card interview .does officer say my girlfriend that i was an asylee?. my goverment will change after 2 years ( i hope)then i will have go to my cop to marry with her? do guys have something to say about my situation? i will moore appreciate it
if they're coming due to relation with you; they should know about yr status. But whats wrong with that?

Good Luck!