Processing time for green card based on asylum

I understand the fraustartion that many of us have but we gotta be patient since life in general is not fair . But this has very simple solution if someone wants get answer why not filing “write of mandamus” specially if you don’t have money issue to hire a lawyer . It costs you 3-5k but your case will move forward which mostly for green card cases is approval unless there is a red flag in your case .

I did, my man, I’m waiting now for about 1.5 months. The only reason he said it’s doubtable it’s that technically by regulation on the official website it’s says 36 months. Hopefully, coz it’s the last try I took

Good luck , I think if I remember correctly they need to respond to your lawsuit within 90 or 120 days .But I do not see any processing time for national benefit center so this could be a good justification plus I don’t think those numbers are accurate

Last edited:
I am an emigrant with 2 degrees, it’s different, you don’t understand what’s meaning to do everything it takes, to get to the congressman and that everyone doesn’t care about you and your future. Secondly, I said majority because I know great American people that are educated and brilliant. I have 2 companies that generate profits more than 15 Americans. And the last America was built by 1-2-3 generations of emigrants
If you don’t like Americans go back to your country! Don’t forget that you are asylee you came to this country begging them to keep you here and now you make fun of them lol!?! Man these ungrateful folks are too much

I am an emigrant with 2 degrees, it’s different, you don’t understand what’s meaning to do everything it takes, to get to the congressman and that everyone doesn’t care about you and your future. Secondly, I said majority because I know great American people that are educated and brilliant. I have 2 companies that generate profits more than 15 Americans. And the last America was built by 1-2-3 generations of emigrants
There are millions of immigrants with companies like yours so I don't really think USCIS sees us a priority or someone they will regret if he leaves this country. Be humble and respectful when begging for something. They are doing their best to serve everyone.

So, I get to know a new thing.. Please help
So, I requested to expedite my i485 in 2021 but it was declined and I got an advance parole document. But on my online account it only shows “expedite request received”. Long story short I tired expedite request today and the agent said she is not able to expedite because they are still reviewing my expedite request from 2021.

Then I explained her everything but she said she is not able expedite it because she can’t see an option to expedite. What is happening?

So, I get to know a new thing.. Please help
So, I requested to expedite my i485 in 2021 but it was declined and I got an advance parole document. But on my online account it only shows “expedite request received”. Long story short I tired expedite request today and the agent said she is not able to expedite because they are still reviewing my expedite request from 2021.

Then I explained her everything but she said she is not able expedite it because she can’t see an option to expedite. What is happening?
I’m waiting for 26 months. I applied a lot of times “why my case is longer than normal processing times”. The answer was always the same: Not related to your case but we are busy We will look at your file as soon as possible. I sent expedite requests three times. My last expedite request did not process by the service rep. Instead, he sent it to Tier 2. This is the third time in Tier 2. In my opinion, if you applied in 2020/11 between 2021/02, you must wait. Because they don’t care about this time range.

Hi.. anybody do request case assistance with ombudsman?does the ombudsman really help our case with USCIS?
My case sept 2019, get RFE on September 2022 after that nothing change..

Hi.. anybody do request case assistance with ombudsman?does the ombudsman really help our case with USCIS?
My case sept 2019, get RFE on September 2022 after that nothing change..
Write of mandamus and hire a lawyer, that’s the only way to reach out to them. Wow, you applied for I-485 based on approved asylum back in 2019?

Write of mandamus and hire a lawyer, that’s the only way to reach out to them. Wow, you applied for I-485 based on approved asylum back in 2019?
Be really cautious if you are considering writ of mandamus. 1, Your money and time will be wasted if the US attorney submits motion to dismiss, and chances to open a writ of mandamus case again on the same application will be little after an order of dismissal by the judge. 2, Even if it does make your application move it frequently triggers interviews which would otherwise be waived for this type based AOS, where unexpected problems may happen to make your situation worse.

I am not saying it is not doable, but please do think twice before you take action.

Last edited:
Be really cautious if you are considering writ of mandamus. 1, Your money and time will be wasted if the US attorney submits motion to dismiss, and chances to open a writ of mandamus case again on the same application will be little after an order of dismissal by the judge. 2, Even if it does make your application move it frequently triggers interviews which would otherwise be waived for this type based AOS, where unexpected problems may happen to make your situation worse.

I am not saying it is not doable, but please do think twice before you take action.
Can you please explain what do you mean by if submit motion to dismiss ?

Can you please explain what do you mean by if submit motion to dismiss ?
The us attorney may submit this motion to try to dismiss your complaint rather than making your application move. Then you need to response. They may argue again after your response and find reasons to delay in front of the judge. It may take years to let the judge give a decision on your writ of mandamus case. Your efforts will be wasted in this way. There are also cases recently where judges' decisions were not in favor of plaintiffs.

Hi guys! Anyone is aware of the new guidance for adjustment of status for asylees? You must be present in the US one year when they adjudicate your case, not when you are filing.

Hi guys! Anyone is aware of the new guidance for adjustment of status for asylees? You must be present in the US one year when they adjudicate your case, not when you are filing.
That’s correct . I will be submitting my AOS this week by the time immigration office approve my application ,I should have one year presence .