Processing time for green card based on asylum

1. You would get trouble for civilization if you go back to your homeland.
2. Green card and valid passport are sufficient for traveling to other country.

Could you offer your timeframe? We sent application of GC in Nov, 2022. Thank yo
Thanks very much for your reply .
I am not going to home country. I saw in USCIS website that a lawful permanent residence needs repeat it to return from abroad visit. That’s why I am confused.
Here is my timeline.
October 17, 2022 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
October 17, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
October 13, 2022 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
October 12, 2022 We ordered your new card.
October 6, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
September 28, 2020 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Hello everyone!
Please could you guys send some of timing processes of your personal application for I- 485 and I- 131 travel document. I appreciate so much your support!

waiting since November 2020, sent multiple requests for 'outside normal processing times' got an email from uscis rep that case is within normal processing times back in august 2022. Requested another call/email from uscis a few days ago. when is it going to get approved... 26 months already... Has anyone had success getting the GC through Ombudsman?

Last edited:
waiting since November 2020, sent multiple requests for 'outside normal processing times' got an email from uscis rep that case is within normal processing times back in august 2022. Requested another call/email from uscis a few days ago. when is it going to get approved... 26 months already... Has anyone had success getting the GC through Ombudsman?
I have been waiting from February 2021 …..I did a request through Ombudsman like 7 days ago … no response at all may be they will respond in few days. But till now no luck.

I have been waiting from February 2021 …..I did a request through Ombudsman like 7 days ago … no response at all may be they will respond in few days. But till now no luck.
Got it thank you for sharing! Do you know if requesting assistance through congressman is more successful than ombudsman? Is your case with MSC too? Mine is…

Should we travel with our country passport or we should apply for travel documents after we get our green card?
My passport is already expired and would not be renewed according to our attorney. I'm not travelling any other country until naturalization. I would have our parents come to USA instead.

Thanks very much for your reply .
I am not going to home country. I saw in USCIS website that a lawful permanent residence needs repeat it to return from abroad visit. That’s why I am confused.
Here is my timeline.
October 17, 2022 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
October 17, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
October 13, 2022 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
October 12, 2022 We ordered your new card.
October 6, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
September 28, 2020 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
Thank you. Congrats finally.

My passport is already expired and would not be renewed according to our attorney. I'm not travelling any other country until naturalization. I would have our parents come to USA instead.
Why so worried like that!!!? You can get Refugee travel document and go anywhere in the world without any worries just don’t go your home country But it make no sene to wait many years until neutralization just to breath fresh air out of this country! You only live once!!! Go get RTD and travel to third country to see your parents or to go on vacations

Hi all,

I will apply soon for green card based on asylum. The USCIS website indicates that the processing time in Texas Service Center is between 7 months to 26 months, which is a huge variation in processing time. Would you guys please share here your asylum green card processing timeline to get a better understanding of the actual processing time?

Thanks!
From what country?

Yes I did twice but they are sending same response “Due to workload factors not related to your case”.
Uhhh nonsense! We applied around the same time and i received ‘it’s within processing times’, clearly they just reply for sakes of getting us off their backs…

who else has been waiting since 2020, 2021 for their GC? what steps have you taken to address the issue?
Waiting from February 2021… tried e-request more then 5 times & got reply as “within processing time”. Tried ombudsman and called after no reply for 10 days.. they are saying it will take minimum 3 months for them to reply on it