Processing time for green card based on asylum

11/20/2021 - Fingerprint Fee Was Received.
06/06/2022 - 1st e-request sent.
06/24/2022 - 1st e-request answered.
10/10/2022 - 2nd e-request sent.
10/13/2022 - I made an appointment for a Tier 2 officer to call me.
12/26/2022 - NO ANSWER

I have decided to do a mandamus since I haven't heard from my i-485 application for 1 year. I don't have a budget to give lawyers $4000-$5000. I heard that I can apply to the court by preparing the Mandamus case myself. If there is someone who can help with Mandamus, who has done it before, I would appreciate it if they DM to me.
If you don’t have the money to pay attorney you better sit down and wait cause they can give you hard time and bring you for interview and mess up your whole application so you need an attorney to protect you if that happens but if you don’t have the money don’t take the risk and wait like millions of people are waiting too! You ain’t a special case

If you don’t have the money to pay attorney you better sit down and wait cause they can give you hard time and bring you for interview and mess up your whole application so you need an attorney to protect you if that happens but if you don’t have the money don’t take the risk and wait like millions of people are waiting too! You ain’t a special case
I have completely different opinion . I strongly believe we should be active and do all possible option to get answer and if none is working then mandamus will get you a result . Why should somone wait for decision for years when some people get answer in 3-4 months . I ve seen many people who waited for long time either for interview , decision , green card cases and they did not take any actions because they had a fear but the moment they file Mandamus they got the result . One year waiting is very reasonable to take some sort of action .

You can continue to wait with this mentality. I realized a long time ago that some things can't be done without push USCIS. Years ago, my asylum interview did not come for 1 year and I went and talked to the USCIS officers and ensured that my asylum interview was scheduled. No need to wait any longer in Greencard, I'll figure this out that.

I have completely different opinion . I strongly believe we should be active and do all possible option to get answer and if none is working then mandamus will get you a result . Why should somone wait for decision for years when some people get answer in 3-4 months . I ve seen many people who waited for long time either for interview , decision , green card cases and they did not take any actions because they had a fear but the moment they file Mandamus they got the result . One year waiting is very reasonable to take some sort of action .
Good luck!!

You can continue to wait with this mentality. I realized a long time ago that some things can't be done without push USCIS. Years ago, my asylum interview did not come for 1 year and I went and talked to the USCIS officers and ensured that my asylum interview was scheduled. No need to wait any longer in Greencard, I'll figure this out that.
Good luck with that!!

I think just waiting does not bring any solution.

I waited 6 years of interview and believe me or not I started writing letters to USCIS everyday to rescheduled an interview. I wrote 5 letters in 5 days and God knows I was going to send more letters to them to get respond. After my 5th letter they scheduled my interview to the short list and it took another 7 months to get interviewed on the short list.

Similar situation happened to me while I was waiting for my EAD back in 2018. Congressman inquiry worked and they sent my EAD next week.

11/20/2021 - Fingerprint Fee Was Received.
06/06/2022 - 1st e-request sent.
06/24/2022 - 1st e-request answered.
10/10/2022 - 2nd e-request sent.
10/13/2022 - I made an appointment for a Tier 2 officer to call me.
12/26/2022 - NO ANSWER

I have decided to do a mandamus since I haven't heard from my i-485 application for 1 year. I don't have a budget to give lawyers $4000-$5000. I heard that I can apply to the court by preparing the Mandamus case myself. If there is someone who can help with Mandamus, who has done it before, I would appreciate it if they DM to me.
FYI

there are people in this group who are waiting for there GC or get there i485 approved from n before of March 2021 including me.

If you decide to do it then let me know as well I have been waiting for 22 months now. I don’t know what to do.

Oh my God
Thank you so much for the information
How about Qatar?is it good choice and should I get moi.gov.qatar visa inquiry for transit?
hi sir information is right but I search for it to much and learn all about and I recommend you it is good choice.
thanks

USCIS is approving cases submitted as early as October this year especially at MSC( national benefits center) many of the cases approved today start with MSC23( uscis uses a fiscal calendar and it starts in October) They may be serious with the processing within 6 months promise. Hope everyone waiting gets some good news soon.

USCIS is approving cases submitted as early as October this year especially at MSC( national benefits center) many of the cases approved today start with MSC23( uscis uses a fiscal calendar and it starts in October) They may be serious with the processing within 6 months promise. Hope everyone waiting gets some good news soon.
I’m applying in February… fingers crossed

People are waiting since last April and May i think it’s all about luck not about targeting specific months to adjust their applications first!

Hi everyone! Have a question. I am asylee do I need to renew my work authorization when it is about to expire? Or asylee do not need to renew? How it works regarding work authorization and asylee?

I appreciate inadvance for all answer

Hi everyone! Have a question. I am asylee do I need to renew my work authorization when it is about to expire? Or asylee do not need to renew? How it works regarding work authorization and asylee?

I appreciate inadvance for all answer
If you have an unrestricted SSN, plus your unexpired drivers license or state id you do not need a work authorization.

If you filling form I 94

Mark authorize to work in the United state and then on expiration of document write N/A

Write your A number on the line 1
That’s it you good to go
Good luck

I check and fr people getting approved for only 2 months cuz year 23 started October.

I check and fr people getting approved for only 2 months cuz year 23 started October.
Are they approving all the 23 ones within 2 months or just some of them are having it approved this fast ? What makes the MSC( national benefits center) different from others and why is USCIS giving it this much priority to this center specially?

Nothing can be better than someone getting their i-485 approved this quick;I hope everyone gets it !

Are they approving all the 23 ones within 2 months or just some of them are having it approved this fast ? What makes the MSC( national benefits center) different from others and why is USCIS giving it this much priority to this center specially?

Nothing can be better than someone getting their i-485 approved this quick;I hope everyone gets it !
Some I think. Not everyone it’s all luck and if you ever file anything with uscis you understand what I meant

Not all cases are getting approved in 2 months. At best maybe 5 percent of cases get approved this fast but hopefully most cases would get approved within 6months of filling .

Regarding the service center , I’m not sure if Nebraska and Texas service center still review any new applications . I try to understand the operation and how the cases get processed but it is a bit confusing . Maybe national benefit center (MSC) receive all cases and they distribute the cases to different field offices

Hello All,
Can any one suggest me , if I need to apply re-entry permit with travel document to travel outside of US . I have already received my Green Card.

Thank You.

Hello All,
Can any one suggest me , if I need to apply re-entry permit with travel document to travel outside of US . I have already received my Green Card.

Thank You.
1. You would get trouble for civilization if you go back to your homeland.
2. Green card and valid passport are sufficient for traveling to other country.

Could you offer your timeframe? We sent application of GC in Nov, 2022. Thank you.

1. You would get trouble for civilization if you go back to your homeland.
2. Green card and valid passport are sufficient for traveling to other country.

Could you offer your timeframe? We sent application of GC in Nov, 2022. Thank you.

Should we travel with our country passport or we should apply for travel documents after we get our green card?