• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Private Bill to allow 22000 selectees to get their status without using 50,000 DV visas

You can mock me as much as you want. If I was in your place, I'd mind my own business.There is first time for everything, as it was demonstrated to us just two days ago.

We'll see about that. I am already writing to major USA newspapers, I am sure the issue will hit the mainstream media in the weeks to come. I am not the only one, remember there are 22000 who were screwed up and treated as animals, and many of them have families. That is already a formidable number of upset people.
I've been reading your posts in the past two weeks, and I can't believe the attitude and rudeness you have. You must be a Russian.

and what if you succeed? Equal chances will never have a meaning again for the rest plus have you ever given a thought about the ones who also had "won" but didnt get to check their status? Once their number is pulled out of the redraw without having the slightest idea about it but never get to proceed with their application either. There's a chance that 10-20% out of the 22000 "winners" checked their entry status while the website was online. You must be out of line writing to papers without thinking. How do you think Americans would react? They'd never take your side because you are alien, a possible immigrant. But do what you want, you have a right to do that but I think it's not reasonable. I know how you feel and I'd probably be on your side up until some point in same shoes but this just seems to be out of line. We all know how delicate American immigration is. Again, do as you wish or you feel just please take this into consideration or deal with it as delicate matter.

The thing is that they HAVE NO USA RIGHTS! LOL!!!
USA rights are for those living in the USA: residents and citizens.
Read the constitution and get educated!!!!

Actually we do. Some of us are residents in the USA. I have been living here for 14 years and paying taxes and I am considered a resident because I have an outstanding AOS employment-based petition (which is taking forever btw). There are American born citizens who are unhappy about this situation and are going to petition their representatives in Congress (for example, there was a girl I spoke to that thought her boyfriend from Europe would be coming to live with her in the US, but now apparently not.) Many Americans I spoke to think this is unacceptable and that the DoS has gone way too far. They say they wouldn't think twice about suing.

Let me remind you about the 2007 visa bulletin fiasco when USCIS said people could apply for employment-based adjustment of status, but later decided it was an error. Do you know what happened? People filed lawsuits and two weeks later the government retracted their decision and allowed everybody to file for their adjustment of status.

This is a very similar issue and we have a very strong case. If we are united we can win. And you, you are just a sad pathetic troll who will be disappointed again on July 15 regardless of what happens to our case and our petitions.

How long will it take for this Private Bill to be passed? By the time they will have even considered this, the new winners would have been announced.
This is just purely waste of time and resources.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q: Do I have to submit a new application?

No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q: Will you open a new entry period?

New entries will not be accepted.

Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?

Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?

The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?

We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.

This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.

How long will it take for this Private Bill to be passed? By the time they will have even considered this, the new winners would have been announced.

If a bill is passed it would actually not be called a "private bill," it would be similar to a private immigration bill but for a larger number of people. If such a bill is passed it would not matter what the deadline was for the original 50,000 visas. It would either allow some 10,000 visas a year to be subtracted from the 50,000 for a couple of years or it would create an additional 22,000 immigrant visas over 2-5 years to accommodate this year's real winners.

The E2 House Bill from 2009 has still not passed the floor....so start waiting at the end of the line and by Sept. your waiting is over. E2 visa holders are not helped and some are legally providing jobs for over 20 years and hardly anybody is interested in them...Do you think they are interested in non job providers who are not even in the Country except for a few of them...

Can we get a moderator or an administrator here to ban the trolls CraigToomy, DVwasScam, etc.? If somebody has nothing to contribute and they're here only to insult and mock, and make fun of the misfortune of others, they should be given the boot. Just sayin'...

Can we get a moderator or an administrator here to ban the trolls CraigToomy, DVwasScam, etc.? If somebody has nothing to contribute and they're here only to insult and mock, and make fun of the misfortune of others, they should be given the boot. Just sayin'...
There's nothing to contribute until July 15th. The decision has been made, justice prevailed. Just sayin'.

I agree 300%....why hate so much.....as a winner I think the best solution is to let 22K do further processing and add another 78K to this. This will give losers an extra chance and don't destroy our dream that we were in for TWO WEEKS....

Furthermore....lots of people in the Netherlands have deleted their confirmation numbers....how can they check with the 15. July lottery? It's just a big mess and they need to admit that the 22K winners cannot be blaimed for this mess.....It's just immoral to let people make arrangements for two weeks, set their whole life upside down and then just say "sorry for the inconvenience". It makes the US look bad, it breaks mine and many other people's heart and has given us all lots of stress and trouble....

Solution: 22K winners are still processed---> 78K new numbers = EVERYBODY HAPPY

Don't be so cruel United States.....

There's nothing to contribute until July 15th. The decision has been made, justice prevailed. Just sayin'.

Why do you misbehave like this? Don't you think it's beyond every form of reason to let people make arrangements on an official letter and then just say sorry for the inconvenience...that's justice to you? If that's justice to you then you should really have the same experience yourself....let's see if you still have a big mouth like this...idiot!

Why do you misbehave like this? Don't you think it's beyond every form of reason to let people make arrangements on an official letter and then just say sorry for the inconvenience...that's justice to you? If that's justice to you then you should really have the same experience yourself....let's see if you still have a big mouth like this...idiot!
a) This is not an official letter.
b) You aren't supposed to make any arrangements until you have visa stamped in your passport (or receive welcome letter if doing AOS). If you're too anxious, it's your problem.
c) Mistakes happen.
d) I had the same experience myself. Except that I'm not playing drama queen here.
e) You suck.

@CraigToomy....people like you are terrible, just making fun of another one's situation. Well whatever, I'm not going to waste my time to reply further on a negative person like you....you just have bad karma, good luck with it anyway, may you win as well 15th of July!

@CraigToomy....people like you are terrible, just making fun of another one's situation. Well whatever, I'm not going to waste my time to reply further on a negative person like you....you just have bad karma, good luck with it anyway, may you win as well 15th of July!
All the best to you as well. At least you're a sane person not trying to preach here.