Priority date will be re-instituted starting Jan. 2005

Does mine Affect any thing PRIORITY DATE ( NOV 2002)

Mine
applied 140, 485 Concurent SEP 2003

140 approved MAY 2004
on my I-140 PRIORITY DATE 22 NOV 2002

Mine is under EB3.

Does it impact anything....

Long time for I-485 approval, not sure how long it takes...

Thanks,
Shekar PC

No extension after retrogression?

This S*** is scary and confusing! What happens to people on H1 expiring in 1+ year still waiting for Labor? No extension after retrogression :confused:

You are right

But, it will affect people who plan to File for 140 after Jan. and have only 1 year of H1 left - Right?
jambalakadi said:
This wont effect Labor processing and 7th year H1 extensions

Sanan said:
But, it will affect people who plan to File for 140 after Jan. and have only 1 year of H1 left - Right?

So long as the LC was filed more than 365 days ago, then a 7th year H1 is possible, current PD or not.

No. PDs do not affect filing 140, only 485. It would just mean you cannot do a concurrent 140/485 filing, but could still file standalone 140 and then file 485 when the dates move forward.

in a recent article in immigration-law.com , they said USCIS might review I-140's also. If PD is not current then they might say, you cannot apply for I-140 also.

how about poeple from countries other than Inia, Philippines, China? are they going to be backloged also?

jambalakadi said:
in a recent article in immigration-law.com , they said USCIS might review I-140's also. If PD is not current then they might say, you cannot apply for I-140 also.

Considering that 95% of all priority dates are based on the filing of an I-130 or I-140, it's impossible for USCIS to restrict the filing of an immigrant visa petition unless the priority date is current, since you have no priority date until the IV petition is filed. :)

I am wondering what will happen to those that have filed 485, have EAD and AP but are out of H1 (completed 6 years) and PD retrogresses?

I am sorry if I am reitterating other people's question but I would like to know how this might affect me

My PD is 6/2002 (labor application date), country India does anyone have an idea as to if the priority date will retrogress to before that???

Also how does it affect my spouse who applied for I485 in Dec 2003 what is his PD????

NYB said:
I am sorry if I am reitterating other people's question but I would like to know how this might affect me

My PD is 6/2002 (labor application date), country India does anyone have an idea as to if the priority date will retrogress to before that??? - No one knows how far back it will retrogress. Indications are it will be 2-3 years to some unknown date in 2002. How it will effect you is anybody's guess. It all depends on what your employment category, how far it goes back and how soon it catches up.

Also how does it affect my spouse who applied for I485 in Dec 2003 what is his PD????
- His PD is same as yours, so the effect on his application is same as yours.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I am in the EB3 category.

But I guess one could say (I may be very very very wrong and insensitive to others with my inference) that way everyone who has been waiting for a long time like 2001 can be sure that their case will get processed before they touch the recent cases like 10/2003.

Sorry but it is really not true to say I do not feel resentment about that. I feel happy for them but yet feel.................WHY NOT ME????????????