Priority date will be re-instituted starting Jan. 2005

Let us wait...

Let jambalakadi take time. He is a old member. He might be searching for source or having off today.

Priority date will be re-instituted starting Jan'2005

unitednations said:
Since you have filed 485 already then even if the dates retrogress you will still be able to derive benefits of 485 such as ead/ap. However, they will not process the 485 case until the dates become current.

There are many people who have cases pending with priority date from 2001 and early 2002. They will be ahead of you in the line to get greencard.

There are 300,000 labor cases pending with dates as far back as 2001. Now I have been told that most of these cases are eb3 - unskilled workers. Even if these cases get approved they should not affect the quotas for the other categories.

It is really a wait and see.

Thanks a lot UnitedNations for your response,

I got my FP ( appointment date 11/1/04), as per
concurrent processing procedure, I think service center
will start working on all (140 and 485) at the same time
and approve on same day.
My question is, even if we complete FP procedure, do
we require to wait till PD.
Please clarify on this.
Thanks in advance.

Priority date is July'02 ?????????

jambalakadi said:
All applicants with PD after Jul-2002 chillout and forget about your I-485. worry about you Labor approvals,I-140 approvals, EAD's ,AP's and H1-b 7th year extensions. they are going to retrogress to 01-JUL-2002. They wont be current until 2007.

Jambalakadi,

I don't understand your silence, when you made certain
statement which is concenred to all in the forum, you
are bound to give a source when requested.
I think there is a limit for kidding also !!!!!.
If you want to be fair in this forum, say sorry or tell the
source, you have no other options.
Thanks for your understanding.

july-2002

I didn't know that this will cause so much controversy. Im sorry if you got hurt by this news. ok coming to source... my friend works in a very big corporation. his attorney from Berry, Appleman & Leiden LLP have informed this to my friend. His PD is DEC-03. My friend applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently recently and attorney told him dont dream about I-485 until 2007. they got this info from AILA meetings. I really believe this info is true. Lets wait and see when this will be official.

Priority date will be re-instituted starting Jan.

jambalakadi said:
I didn't know that this will cause so much controversy. Im sorry if you got hurt by this news. ok coming to source... my friend works in a very big corporation. his attorney from Berry, Appleman & Leiden LLP have informed this to my friend. His PD is DEC-03. My friend applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently recently and attorney told him dont dream about I-485 until 2007. they got this info from AILA meetings. I really believe this info is true. Lets wait and see when this will be official.

After seeing your information, and people asking you
for the source, out of frustration I have put the response like that, anyway I am also sorry for hurting you.
But, if this is true, I don't know what to say, this is horrible.We will Pray God not to implement this in near future.

UnitedNations,

Below is the information from Visa Bulletin for October, I did't see anywhere
they mentioned about the cut-off date as 2002 as mentioned in this
forum. Do you have idea or source ( other than Shusterman)?

EMPLOYMENT: The increasing CIS use of numbers is likely to require the establishment of cut-off dates in one or more categories during FY-2005. Such action is expected in the Employment Third preference category as early as January

chicago_gc said:
Someone please clarify if PD's will be different for RIR and non RIR cases ?

Your PD is the date you applied for labor. If it is a labor exempt case, like EB1, then PD is the date you applied I-140. Nowhere does RIR or NON-RIR come into picture, its the same for all.

Impact on concurrently filed 140 / 485

I have been a silent spectator on this retrogation issue since I do not understand most of the stuff you guys are talking about.

Could you please explain to people like me how it actually impacts
concurrent filers

here goes my understanding

As per concurrent approval mechanism they are to process 140 and 485 concurrently.

But because of this retrogation they might not process my 485 for a while ( may be 6 months or 2 years :( )

Does this mean they will not approve my 140 too ??

Already people tell me AC21 cannot be used for concurrent filers
(I guess mine falls under Fuji ohato memo). ??

Do both my 140 and 485 hang in the air because of this retrogation ??

Does AC21 hold good atall ?

What happens if I loose my job ??

what is the impact on all this ? can any one provide me answers / pointers to these questions

==========================================
my case

labour application RD may 2003
Concurrent - 140 / 485 - RD march 2004
(EAD AND FP is done)
(6 months passed since applying 140 / 485)

George Micheal

That Might be right.. with concurrent processing with approval Both I-140 and 485 at the same time. If PD retrogresses, they wont approve I-140 also as u applied concurrently.

Protability is still a issue. If you loose job you are in trouble if AC21 cannot be used if I-140 is not approved.

impact god knows

Jambalakadi can you explain ?

Jambalakadi can you explain how it may impact me. My ND for filing 485 is Nov 03 and this is filed before approval of I-140. My I-140 is approved in Jan 04.
I am waiting for my 485 approval. FP is done in Mar 04. Online status still says same stuff. Received your aplication and it takes ....
Thanks in advance.

PD dependent on a filer's country?

A lot of information here...
Hard to find out how it affects me.

My LC was approved on 07/18/2003.
140/485 filed concurrently a month later.
The country of citizenship - Israel.

How PD affects my case? Does PD differ from country to country?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Worried

On 8/5/04 I finished FP2

On 9/27/04 USCIS rec'd my response to RFE .

On 10/26/04 I rec'd letter stating that a FP3 notice will be issued.

I find this strange?!

I am thinking now that will Jan 2005 retro impact me?

Has anyone heard or experieced receiving FP, then RFE and then FP again? Please help!
Why would CIS issue a new fingerprint in period of 2 months?

Note: my dependent has not rec'd any notice yet.

PD 10/2001

I read all the discussion on this thread. My simple 2 cents is NOW we are taking BULL SHIT from USCIS after some days we will take SHIT for PD and then BULL SHIT from USCIS.
Man today I don't have BP tomorrow I think I will have!!!!!