Primary approved, Dependent waiting -TRACKER

yes, you are right. Yesterday night, I tried to search old posting for a while to let all of you know. But, I guess it's somewhere really back. I will look for it and post my message there tonight sometime. I am an oldtimer just like you. Hang in there and something will suddenly happen just like in my case. I wish you good luck. More in our oldtimer posting tonight.

Can anyone please reply to this message below:

Thank you for your quick reply. It was an important tip to get the SSN remark removed. Thanks for that. What do I need for that when I go to SSN office. Do I have to just appear for that with stamped passport or need any other documentation?

If I go for stamping alone, wouldn't INS people ask me that why I am the only one getting stamping now. And, what about when my wife gets approved. Do they create any problem then?

If you still suggest that I should get it stamped on my passport, then do I need to make an appointment through Infopass or just appear at the INS station mentioned on the approval notice.

Please let me know.

immiproblem said:
Can anyone please reply to this message below:

Thank you for your quick reply. It was an important tip to get the SSN remark removed. Thanks for that. What do I need for that when I go to SSN office. Do I have to just appear for that with stamped passport or need any other documentation?

If I go for stamping alone, wouldn't INS people ask me that why I am the only one getting stamping now. And, what about when my wife gets approved. Do they create any problem then?

If you still suggest that I should get it stamped on my passport, then do I need to make an appointment through Infopass or just appear at the INS station mentioned on the approval notice.

Please let me know.

I can't realy answer your questions since I'm not there yet, and I don't like to speculate. I can tell what I would do in this case: I will make an appointment for the dependent as well, show up both and see what happens. Maybe they have your dependent approved in their system. Worse case, you will get you passport stamped.

Waiting for you details.

Anyone please answer:

If I go for stamping alone now since my dependant is not approved, wouldn't INS people ask me that why I am the only one getting stamping now. And, what about when my wife gets approved. Do they create any problem then?

Please let me know.

I waited for two months after my approval for my dependent's approval to come and it never did, my lawyers office told me not to wait any longer for getting the passport stamped.
I made an infopass appointment for myself and went to the Detroit office, no questions were asked about the dependent (or anything else), it took 5 minutes for the fingerprints to be done and passport to be stamped.

Still waiting for dependent's approval

AD 7/14
Passport Stamped 9/9

Any dependent approved after primary? How long?

Did anybody, as the dependent, get the approval after only the primary's application approved? Any news from other members in the same situation?
Please give more info (if available). What should we do?
2FP for primary: 07/16/04
AD for primary:08/12/04
2FP for dependent: 08/13/04
AD ????? LUD changes: 08/19,08/20,08/23,08/25 Message shows "FP received and process resumed"

Hi,

Mine and my son's cases approved at 09/30/04
My husband's case still pending

I485 EB2
RD 09/18/02
ND 10/18/02
1-st FP 11/22/02
2-d FP 08/10/04
3-d EAD 08/23/04
No RFE
AD - 09/30/04

Thanks
Elena

Update from 10/20/04
I did met the Immigration officer today while getting stamping for me and my son,

She gave me a Status Inquiry form to fill out and send to INS. She told me that it could happen for some cases and just wait. Very big posibility that my husband's case under another officer.

Elena

The situation still the same.
Yesterday I spoke with my attorney, she said the following:

"We can only do an inquiry on cases that have been skipped over from posted processing times. The posted processing times for I-485s indicates that the NSC is working on applications filed on or before 5/31/2002. Your husband's I-485 was filed on 9/11/2002. We can't can't do a liaison inquiry until your husband's application is officially considered "passed over". You may want to try calling the toll-free customer service number and asking about it"

Hi,

My husband's case still not approved yet
Looking to My Portfolio page today, I realized that date was changed of my and my son's cases from 10/01/04 to 11/02/04 (even ours approved one month ago).
Husband's date still the same

I485 EB2
RD 09/18/02
ND 10/18/02
1-st FP 11/22/02
2-d FP 08/10/04
3-d EAD 08/23/04
No RFE
AD - 09/30/04

Any ideas?

Thanks
Elena

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's 485 is also pending.

Me too in the same situation. My I485 was approved in Auguest, but my wife's is still pending with CSC. I am about to go ahead with my passport stamped.

Still waiting for dependents approval. I contacted the MI senators office thru mail and I got correspondence back from them saying that they initiated an inquiry with NSC and will let me know as soon as they hear something.

Primary AD 7/14
Passport Stamped 9/9

message for spol

I am from Michigan too, and I would like to get some help from a senator if possible. Please give me more info such as contact person, phone/e-mail, type of letter used, etc.
Thank you for your help. My e-mail address is abaciu1@juno.com

I contacted Senator Levin's office.
You could find all his office locations at http://levin.senate.gov/contact/offices.html

You could call the office closest to you and they can give you the details.

I just sent a letter to the Detroit office, giving them my case details (LIN# or A# should be provided) and asking them to follow up with INS

My wife finally got her approval yesterday after about 4 months of my approval.

A RFE was supposedly raised in June along with my case ... which never came ... and now we know it was a RFE that was never issued.

srjumde ... nice to hear back from you ... I was approved 7/20 ..

Has your family got approved ?

No not yet. Your message has given a hope.
Hoping for the best.
Did you talk to anybody?
Did you write to some body? Please give details.
Thanks
Congratulations again.
Thanks

Well SRJumde let me first tell you what happened ... One fine evening in June/2004, after about one and a half years (our notice dates were Nov/2002) of no status changes and silence, I got 4 emails from USCIS - two identical ones each for me and my wife. The emails said that RFEs were raised for both of us and I was obviously very happy and I forwarded the emails to my attorney who is very professional and does a good job.

After about 2 days my attorney received my RFE and that was for EVL. He promptly replied and I was finally approved in July/2004. My wife's RFE never came. My attorney requested an inquiry and someone from the NSC liasoning committee replied back to the enquiry saying that RFE was issued in error and this is becoming very common these days.

My wife's FP had anyway expired and her FP2 took place on 9/20/2004. I was finger printed the first time about 7 months after my wife's FP1 - so my FP had not expired.

In the midst of all this I wrote about 3 registered mail letters to the director of the NSC - I dont think that did anything ... Neither do I think my attorney's enquiry made the process any faster ... I think its just a matter of time. All this resulted in a lot of pains and we finally had to cancel our India trip becuase our attorney told us not to travel out of the US. Numerous calls to customer service did not help. They could NEVER say that the RFE was raised in error. The customer service is only good for address change - nothing else.

But anyway ... everything is now over. I wish your wife and kids get their approval soon. Just hang on ... Please let us know once they are approved. Thanks.

Reply from senator's office

Senator's office forwarded me a letter they received from the Congressional Liaison.
This is what the letter said
"I have ordered the file as it appears the FBI name check has been completed and fingerprints are current; once I receive the file, I will forward the case to an adjudicating officer for review and consideration."

This letter was dated 10/22. I hope they look at the file soon

message for spol

I hope you'll get the approval. It looks like it is very close. At least you know it's not holding for name check. Good luck!
Keep us posted with new developments on your case.
On my part, I contacted Mr.Levin's office too, and I'm waiting for the response that they'll get from NSC.