Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Wow, according to the latest update, every service center is finally current with the receipting of N-400s. The ombudsman was 100% on the money.

Let's hope this frees up USCIS resources that can be used to update their online system

Thanks for the joke, they won't ever fix that junk. They are barley able to process some cases once in a while which I think it is too much of expectation from them. :D Where is you FP Bobsmyth?

I called USCIS today, had to go through all the standard questions just to have a customer service rept tell me that my receipt number doesn't show up online (D'uh, that's why I'm calling you to get more information). He put me on hold and I actually had to tell him that last time I called they weren't able to find my case either and that they transfered me to an IO. It was only after I told him that he placed me on hold again , and then came back to tell me that he would have to transfer me to an IO. After 10 minutes on hold , the IO told me that FP notice was sent out Jan 4th and that I should receive it any day now. The appointment is for end of this month (IO said he believed Jan 30). Leave it up to USICS to send me the FP appointment on the same day I am closing on my house ;) The wait continues...

I called USCIS today, had to go through all the standard questions just to have a customer service rept tell me that my receipt number doesn't show up online (D'uh, that's why I'm calling you to get more information). He put me on hold and I actually had to tell him that last time I called they weren't able to find my case either and that they transfered me to an IO. It was only after I told him that he placed me on hold again , and then came back to tell me that he would have to transfer me to an IO. After 10 minutes on hold , the IO told me that FP notice was sent out Jan 4th and that I should receive it any day now. The appointment is for end of this month (IO said he believed Jan 30). Leave it up to USICS to send me the FP appointment on the same day I am closing on my house ;) The wait continues...

Hey, that's good news in my book! You'll probably receive it today or tomorrow. The bad news: after you get your FPs done, you'll have to play the waiting game for a couple of months, then schedule an InfoPass to find out the name check status, if you chose to do so.

TSC Moving along?

Reading a lot of the older threads I see it took up to 3 months for some people's checks to clear. I do not know if I was just lucky or if they are are actually moving along now, since my check has been cashed a mere week after sending my packet. Does that mean I can expect to see a receipt soon?

01/02/08 N-400 sent to TSC
01/04/08 Received at TSC
01/09/08 Check Cleared

Reading a lot of the older threads I see it took up to 3 months for some people's checks to clear. I do not know if I was just lucky or if they are are actually moving along now, since my check has been cashed a mere week after sending my packet. Does that mean I can expect to see a receipt soon?

01/02/08 N-400 sent to TSC
01/04/08 Received at TSC
01/09/08 Check Cleared

I guess you're not familiar with the July 2007 debacle. Basically, the application fees were being raised across the board, with new fees taking effect on July 31, 2007. For instance, the fee for the N-400 was $400 prior to the hike. Many applicants rushed to send in their application to beat the fee hike, resulting in such a large amount of applications being submitted, that it took the service centers several months to clear out the applications and issue receipts. They are caught up now and the receipting is current, according to the most recent update on the USCIS site.

To answer your question, yes, your receipt will arrive soon. I don't know if the same can be said for the interview, though.

Vorpal,
Thanks for your reply :) I was actually aware of the July/07 fee increase situation. As I was not eligible to file yet I had to wait until last week. My initial thoughts when I read about the application delays were " Great now it costs almost twice as much and it takes twice as long..sigh " :( I read they were working on speeding up the times as faster processing times were the biggest reasons for them to even increase the fee. I can only hope that the current receipt times are a testimony of that. In either case there is not much one can do about it anyway. I have mentally prepared myself for this to be a 16 to 18 month process, however I am still hopeful that in all actuallity it will not take that long.

I'm still convinced that the 16-18 month time frame that USCIS posted is the worst case scenarios for some applicants at some DOs who end up getting stuck in name check. I'm hopeful that the majority of cases will be processed in anywhere from 6-7 months (Ohio) to 10-14 months (Charlotte)

Hey, that's good news in my book! You'll probably receive it today or tomorrow. The bad news: after you get your FPs done, you'll have to play the waiting game for a couple of months, then schedule an InfoPass to find out the name check status, if you chose to do so.

No need for me to worry about name check delay as it is a one of a kind name that no one else has.

No need for me to worry about name check delay as it is a one of a kind name that no one else has.

I actually googled my name, and there are no other hits coming up anywhere in the united states. Hopefully, that'll help me breeze through name check.

As for the 16-18 month timeframes, I don't take too much stock in those either. That definitely sounds like a doomsday scenario to me.

WOW I guess for once in my life I might actually be happy about having a unique name myself too. My name does come up when I google it on product reviews and school sites and such. Btw does anyone have the link on USCIS for the receipt processing times.. I can't find it anywhere:confused:

WOW I guess for once in my life I might actually be happy about having a unique name myself too. My name does come up when I google it on product reviews and school sites and such. Btw does anyone have the link on USCIS for the receipt processing times.. I can't find it anywhere:confused:

Here ya go: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

As far as name check goes, no one but the designer of the program knows what algorithms go into it. I've heard stories of people with uncommon names getting stuck too.

I actually googled my name, and there are no other hits coming up anywhere in the united states. Hopefully, that'll help me breeze through name check.

As for the 16-18 month timeframes, I don't take too much stock in those either. That definitely sounds like a doomsday scenario to me.

I did the same and the only match was a rugby player in New Zealand! :D

I did the same and the only match was a rugby player in New Zealand! :D

You have to see how do they check you info. against what reference file.
I wish google would help, I have a friend works for google and I could have him to fix it there :D