Post only if Oregon FP waiter.

Portland-OR, inimacam, p123, sashatanya & others

Hi folks,

Did any of you applied for 2nd EAD & AP? My H1 is expiring next month. I am thinking of applying for 2nd EAD & AP next week.

ALso have you guys heard any approvals from NSC for Portland? Any friends? I know some CSC approvals in Portland but no NSC approval.

Achiever

485_1200 do you know why it tooks 1 year 2 month for your FP?

485_1200 do you know why it tooks 1 year 2 month for FP? Have you ever tried to call INS. What did they told you. But anyway I guess your file will be current after you send your FP and hope you will get your approvel soon. All the best.

RE: Achiever\'s question

Hi Achiever,

Yes, I recently applied for the extension of my EAD. My EAD will be expiring in May. I barely have 90 days before I applied for an extension. That way, if my second EAD does not get approved before my first EAD expires, I can go the local INS to get a temporary EAD card.

When is your EAD expiring? As per my understanding, it does not matter when/whether your H1 is expiring, so long as you have a *valid* EAD. If you have filled your I-9 with your company with details that you are working based on EAD and not H1, then you are fine. Also, I advise you to apply for EAD atleast 90 days before your first EAD expires.

- P123

Hello 485_1200!

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. But, it is good that you are done with your FP. I sincerely hope and wish that you will be the next one to get approved.

Please keep us posted.

- P123

question for P123

Hi P123, did you applied for your AP and EAD renewal yourself or through your attorney. My current AP and EAD will expire on june 02, so I am thinking to apply for renewal. I was thinking to go through my attorney, but that guy takes around 15-20days for typing etc. He did same when he filed my I-485. So I was just querious how other guyes are doing. One more question did you got your FP or still waiting? All the best.

Inimacam Did you receive your RFE?

Inimacam,

Did you received your RFE? Please post details. I think it should be about employment related. NSC is sending RFEs in many cases these days. I have not seen a approval without RFE in last 10-12 days, Especially last week.

Achiever

I just send papers for 2nd EAD & AP..

p123,

I just sent papers for 2nd EAD & AP for me & my wife to the lawyer. I was hoping to get approval by Feb end, but no luck there.

I feel that its not fair that we have to go thru\' this. Now NSC is sending RFEs left & right. Many local transfers too. I just can\'t wait to see approval notices.

Any progress on your FP notices?

Achiever

RFE received.

Achiever,

former company\'s attorney told me today that they received my RFE. It\'s employment letter related. They will fedex to me. Probably will know more in couple days. will keep you guys posted.

Inimacam

Reply for RFE

Hi Inimacam,

So this one should be no big deal. However you should be careful about the reply. Take a look at follwing URL.

http://www.murthy.com/UDnsc02.html

In the first paragraph you will find some hints of what NSC looking into the RFE reply.

Good luck.

Achiever

I don\'t understand INS logic

Inimacam did you changed your job? If yes did you informed INS about that. If somebody hasn\'t changed his job, why the hell INS issuing REF. Last month I talked to an IIO and asked her I heard a rumer that some 6000 FP notices between jan-April 01, I-485 applicants are screwedup is that true. She said it is not true. Now what we are hearing that INS confirmed that it was true. I am still waiting for FP. Does everybody in this thread got their FP?

Reason for FP delay

Portland-OR

did you checked the URL which I had posted earlier?

That should explain what is happening upto certain extent. This is just a logical guess.

NSC screwed up for 8000 cases between Jan01 - April 01 in issuing FP notices due to some computer problem. In October, November & December they did a periodic check for all the cases for which FPs were not issued. Out of 8000, I think they did send FP notices to 5000-6000 thousands. They are still working on remaining 1500 cases.

I think this is one reason why Few guys from Portland got their FP notices in November & December.

I think they did opened p123 & inimacam\'s files & did send the RFEs. So as soon as NSC gets the reply to RFEs they will issue FP notices to p123 & inimacam.

As far as employment RFEs is concerned, I think they are sending employment RFEs randomly (50% of cases accroding to Attorney Murthy). Thats why we are seeing so many RFEs these days. If NSC does not see what it wants to see in RFE reply then they do the local transfer. I have been seeing lot of local transfers too (10% according to attorney Murthy).

Worst part is that in last 10-15 days I have not seen single approval without RFE.

Achiever

REF issued on Feb 22 as per AVM

I checked AVM and came to know that they have issued REF on 02/22/02. I will confirm with my attorney.

Good Lord, are they sending RFEs for every body?

Hang in there PORTLAND-OR. Again they are atleast looked into your file & your file is active. I am sure that RFE will be employment based. This is no big deal.

We are all going to survive this. We are all going to get our approvals.

Achiever

I called IIO again today

Hi all,

I got stressed out yesterday & hence called IIO today. He told me that my case has been pending for FP results which they have received. Now case is pending for review.

I asked him whether case has been assigned to an officer, he said no. He said I will have to be patient. I asked him that what cases NSC is processing now, he said that should not matter as far as my case is concerned because my case is marked as waiting for FP results from FBI. There is no time limit on when case will be assigned, he said all I can do is to be patient.

I guess officer will review my case & then decide whether to approve or send RFE.

Please post if any new development.

Achiever

RFE for employment letter

Portland-OR,

My RFE was dated 2/25 and my attorney received it on Monday. It\'s employment based. When you receive your RFE can we share the wording on the RFE if it\'s employment letter based? i want to see if they are case-specific or generic. thanks

Inimacam

i did change job.

i was laid off after 180 days. but i didn\'t inform INS as my attorney advice there\'s no need to unless they ask. well, i guess they are asking now. hopefully it will be ok. my current job is very similar to my old job. slightly different title though.

Inimacam

Nervous0 from Portland has got RFE

Hi Guys,

One more guy from Portland, OR got RFE issued to him on Feb 28. He just found out from AVM yesterday. His name is nervous0. His RD & ND is in April 01.

Many portlanders have got the RFEs. Is this due to the fact that unemployment rate in Oregon is 8%? I have not seen any approval from Portland. All I have been seeing only RFEs, FP notices.

This is pretty depressing.

Achiever