Post only if Oregon FP waiter.

Go ahead

1. It seems to me that they are not very busy Thursday afternoon.
2. Have a story to tell: vacation, business trip, etc.
3. Don\'t ask them if you could have your FPs done. Tell them you have to because ... Be polite!

Good luck!

Nervous

Congrats inimacam

Hi inimacam,

My FP notice date is also same as yours ( 3/28/02). But my FP schedule date is on 5/4/02. I am not sure why your shcedule date is so far from your FP notice date? Usually they give 1 month to cure your cuts and bruises if you have any.

Couple of guys had bad experience when they went in advance for FP in PORTLAND. I am still thinking to go in advance or not?

Does any one had their FP done in PORTLAND in advance than the scheduled date?????

Thanks Nervous0 for your suggestions. I will give a try next week.

Regards
GC_portlander.

MY EARLY FP IS DONE AT PORTLAND ASC

Hi guys,

My early FP is done today (04/06/02) at ASC, PORTLAND. Actual scheduled FP date is 5/04/02. Hope this helps to other PORTLANDERS

Regards,
GC_portlander.

Congratulations inimicam!

Very happy to hear that you are out of the FP deadlock.

I am still waiting for my RFE to be cleared. Meanwhile, I heard that an RFE is generated for my wife as well. I am not sure if that will stall my case. Well, the wait continues for me ...for FP!

- P123

GC_portlander how?

How you did that. I went there last week and the guy at reception said we can\'t prepond. I gave him some reason, that I have to go for a business trip etc. Then he said reschedule it. Mine is scheduled for 04/27/02. So I thought let us wait for that.

I think it depends on the front desk person

Hi Portland-OR,

I went on Saturday the 6th at 11:00 am just to check the place of ASC. Luckly I took the passport and the FP document along with me. At the time when I went there was a lady and she was very nice and no one was there in queue for FP, So she accepted my request.

Most of the portlanders had a bad experience in doing pre FP at ASC, PORTLAND. Any how your scheduled date is also getting closer.

Goodluck.

Regards,
GC_portlander.

early FP

GC_Portlander, did you have to come up with a story to have your early FP done or the lady just let you? I am thinking about going there Saturday morning to try our luck. as you recall, our FP was scheduled for 5/14 even though it was issued the same day as yours (3/28). anyway, wish me luck. Still have not received receipts for EAD renewal.

Early FP

Hi inimacam,

I told her that I am going on vacation starting from May 1st. They also know that we are telling some xyz..stories. Actually, at that time there were no one in the Q waiting for FP. I think that is the reason she let me in.

Anyway, give a try. I wish you all the best.

Regards,
GC_portlander.

It works! our early FP was done at ASC portland

Thanks GC_Portland. We went there about 11am like you said. The lady was very nice and let us in. But the ppl who do the actual FP were not very friendly. Mine was done on machine but my wife on manual process. There\'s hardly anyone there. wonder why can\'t they use machine for both. anyway, they took our FP notices. did they take yours too? hopefully we will hear something soon. has your AVM updated yet?

Congrts inimacam

Hi inimacam,

CONGRATS.. Thats a good news. They took my FP notice also. Still AVM didn\'t change the status. My AP was approved on 4/03/02 but still in AVM it says "it takes around 69 to 70 days to process this kind of case....".

We hope we will get our EAD soon.

Thanks,
GC_portlander.

is there any advantage of early FP

my FP appointment date is for May 22 at ASC, Portland. It sure feels like a long wait. I am wondering whether going for an early FP would expedite the GC processing times? Did any one experience such thing.
thanks,
-ramesh

early fp

GRamesh,

if you received your FP notice about 6months after your RD date, don\'t sweat it. but if you are close to approval, like 1year, than early might help. The reason we did our FP early is our FP noticed were not issued after 1year and 3 months after 485 RD date. NSC already received our RFE reply and the only thing they are waiting for is the FP, i think. hopefully it will speed up the process.

inimacam

Does processing time for computer FP and manual FP are different?

Hi guys does anybody know about FP processing time. Does processing time for computer FP and manual FP are different? How does INS local office sent manual FP to FBI? By post or they have their own system? I did my computer FP, but my wife did manual FP (black powder on paper). I called FBI today and they told me that they havn\'t received her FP yet. Is there a way to call local INS office and ask them?

Thanks

what # to call FBI to check FP status?

Portland-OR,

I don\'t the the difference in processing time. but we are in same situation. I got computer and she got manual. What # did you call and what information do i need, A#, case # etc to have FBI check FP status

thanks

Inimacam

FBI sent FP to INS. No AVM update yet.

Wonder when will NSC update AVM to reflect this or better still, for approval! Spouse received new EAD card. The AVM indicates mine is still not approved yet. strange.

Inimacam

received 2 FP notices. is it usual?

Hi, my FP appointment a ASC, Portland is on 22nd of this month. Actually, I received 2 sets of FP notices. INS has directly sent me one set of notices (for myself and for my wife) during 3rd week of April. I received another set of notices 10 days later from my lawyer. She got them from INS and forwarded them to me. Both are originals and identical. Is it usual? did any one get like these before. thanks for any inputs.
-ramesh

This is OK.

INS sends one copy of FP to you and one to your attorney. So it is OK if you got a copy from your attorney.